Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

Yeah, the 1st and 2nd red cards were just ridiciolous attempts at removing people from the game, using your elbows to hit the A tackle from behind that was more aimed at the legs then at the ball. Since Pope already had a yellow card he would have been sent off even if that action had just cost him a yellow card.

That was the case.

Zaccardo ... oh Zaccardo, Zaccardo.. *shakes head*, how many millions are these players worth again?

Zaccardo ... oh Zaccardo, Zaccardo.. *shakes head*, how many millions are these players worth again?

Millions of laughs! biggrin_o.gif

Klavan

France - South Korea tonight (9:00 PM Paris/Berlin time).

The match that shouldn't be missed at any cost.

Hope we would do better than the last time, I bet France will win 2-0...

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Australia Vs Brazil tonight. About 1:30 in the moring crazy_o.gif Any case we're gonna lose wink_o.gif I really hope Australia get to Round 2 but with Croatia next week it might not happen sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Any case we're gonna lose

Not that sure, everyone was expecting that Ghana will lose against the powerful czech team (2nd Best team of the world according to FIFA's ranking system), but they won, not with 1 but with 2 goals, and they even allowed themselves to miss a Penalty...

It's sure that the brazilian team isn't the czech one (:-p), but Aussies showed how good they can be.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

guess ur right. Anything can happen in Football. Just a couple of good kicks and we could get goal wink_o.gif

Just goes to show how flawed the FIFA ranking system is. What was Ghana? 48th? And Czech Rep.? 2nd? rofl.gif

"Let's organise a friendly against the Federation of Micronesia, followed by Luxemburg, Liechtenstein and Fiji to cap it off... BRING ON THE RANKINGS!"

icon_rolleyes.gifrofl.gif

I missed the damn USA-Italy match and had only live reporting over SMS with my mobil, because I was the whole day in the middle of nowhere in Denmark...

Would have really liked to watch it, my family said it was the most spectacular game of the whole cup pistols.gif

*finally looks at his predictions*

Mhm... last again... why always me? XD

guess ur right. Anything can happen in Football. Just a couple of good kicks and we could get goal wink_o.gif

We're all for the Aussies today! thumbs-up.gif

Australia Vs Brazil tonight. About 1:30 in the moring  crazy_o.gif  Any case we're gonna lose  wink_o.gif  I really hope Australia get to Round 2 but with Croatia next week it might not happen  sad_o.gif

Don't be so sure. The crappy game they just played against Japan (*I want the 90 minutes of my life back!*) would indicate that an Australian win is possible.

Still, most likely Brazil will win the group, followed by Croatia.

The Aussies are doing quite well so far, 0-0 after 45 minutes.

Go BRASIIIIIL!!! biggrin_o.gif

Another 3 points for me biggrin_o.gif

Blah, a draw would have been more appropriate. crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif

Just goes to show how flawed the FIFA ranking system is. What was Ghana? 48th? And Czech Rep.? 2nd?  rofl.gif

"Let's organise a friendly against the Federation of Micronesia, followed by Luxemburg, Liechtenstein and Fiji to cap it off... BRING ON THE RANKINGS!"

icon_rolleyes.gif  rofl.gif

FIFA's ranking system is a joke. They should adopt a modified version of the IRB's excellent system.

Anyway, back to Brazil v Australia

Oz were unlucky... unlucky to have spawned that lame donkey Kewell. That miss of his was up there with Diana Ross' '94. Saying that, Brazil have got their own livestock problems with hippo-in-boots Ronaldo.

Good performance from the rest of Australia, though. If they play like that on Thursday, they should beat Croatia and qualify for round 2. I think they're good enough to beat any potential qualifier from Group E in that game too.

It really pains me to say it but, Argentina look the best team so far confused_o.gif

It really pains me to say it but, Argentina look the best team so far confused_o.gif

Wait for Spain tomorrow, they rocked last time... smile_o.gif

Just goes to show how flawed the FIFA ranking system is. What was Ghana? 48th? And Czech Rep.? 2nd? rofl.gif

icon_rolleyes.gifrofl.gif

FIFA's ranking system is a joke. They should adopt a modified version of the IRB's excellent system.

Anyway, back to Brazil v Australia

Oz were unlucky... unlucky to have spawned that lame donkey Kewell. That miss of his was up there with Diana Ross' '94. Saying that, Brazil have got their own livestock problems with hippo-in-boots Ronaldo.

Good performance from the rest of Australia, though. If they play like that on Thursday, they should beat Croatia and qualify for round 2. I think they're good enough to beat any potential qualifier from Group E in that game too.

yep, and they only need a draw for it smile_o.gif

Wait for Spain tomorrow, they rocked last time... smile_o.gif

Spain were good - and much preferable to Argentina - but Argentina beat a much better team in the Ivory Coast than Spain did in Ukraine, and then went on to slaughter Country-that-no-longer-exists. They're not far apart but I give it 55% Argentina - 45% Spain on current performance.

yep, and they only need a draw for it

Ssshhh! I don't want them getting too excited, their egos are big enough as it is. They're going to do far too well in the real World Cup next year, they don't need any further encouragement  wink_o.gif

Unlikely they will win, at least not if Croatia doesn't screw up badly. A draw is possible if Croatia continues with their streak of half-assed end shots.

Australia even if very energetic in its offense plays in a relatively simple, almost naive way (Viduka being the exception). This worked against Japan, who play as naive defence and it had a chance against Brazil who didn't want to play defence.

Croatia on the other hand is a completely different story. They have perhaps the best defence in the world - they played through the qualifications for the world cup without losing a single match. So, at least in theory, Australia should be pretty much toast.

But, this is football, so anything can happen wink_o.gif

Some breaking news. Togo are to have a meeting discussing whether they are going to play Switzerland tomorrow. They want more money. Greedy buggers  mad_o.gif

My opinion is, if they refuse to play, ban them from the next World Cup and all internationals in 2006/2007, while they're not busy they can learn the meaning of sportsmanship.

France - South Korea tonight (9:00 PM Paris/Berlin time).

The match that shouldn't be missed at any cost.

Hope we would do better than the last time, I bet France will win 2-0...

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Nope it ended 1-1.

I wanted to the see the game but thunder has messed up

TV broadcasts here, dam it! banghead.gif

That was a logical draw, France walked over South Korea in the 1st half , and South Korea walked over France in the 2nd one.

I had some hope about the "wake up" of the french team in the 1st half, but they went back to their "hibernating mode" and lack of fighting spirit in the 2nd half.

There was an obvious need of fresher players during the 2nd half as it seemed most of them were unable to run correctly, but the blind trainer just noticed 4/5 minutes before the end ....

Playing like this, France really does not deserve to be present in the 2nd turn of the world cup, what a disapointment for me, i hoped the WC 2002 lesson was learned.

What's wrong with the european teams, ffs, yesterday Italy ties with the horrible US team and Checz Rep. gets wiped by Ghana and now THIS... France ties South Korea ... oh brother, somethings wrong.

A lot of people are probably losing a lot of money on this WC.

At least France shot their first WC goal since 1998, that was a pause of 8 years now... biggrin_o.gif

Some breaking news. Togo are to have a meeting discussing whether they are going to play Switzerland tomorrow. They want more money. Greedy buggers mad_o.gif

My opinion is, if they refuse to play, ban them from the next World Cup and all internationals in 2006/2007, while they're not busy they can learn the meaning of sportsmanship.

I think you should do more reading before you actually judge people. They refused to play because all other teams arrange their payments before the tournament. The Togo football association however was still ignoring them. They don't get paid, they don't play. A very simple method of forcing someone to pay you.

Playing for your country doesn't automatically make it a charity event.