Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

Well back to the football......

Hmm yes pick an unfit Rooney to play up front on his own, pack the midfield, then instead of playing short crisp passing through the midfield knock it long to the head of Rooney, genius! I think we should bring Crouch on in the 2nd half, play him on the right wing to take advantage of his pace.....

In all seriousness though the answer is the same obvious one as last time, Lennon for Lampard, move Beckham to the middle, Lennon on the right (although if Hargreaves doesn't recover we should do the Beckham RWB & Lennon RWF system that worked well against Trinidad and Tobago).

Damn, this is a deadly boring game... sad_o.gif

I hope Netherlands-Portugal will be better

Well, that wasn't very impressive... again. It's really a shame a team with that many great individual players adds up to such poor play. If this really is Englands year, we have a boring tournament ahead of us wink_o.gif

Frank Lampard, 2nd best footballer in the world my a**e. Disappointing, but who knows, we gott have a good game at some point smile_o.gif. English optimism, the worlds worst attribute.

Same here. goodnight.gif

A shear anti - propaganda of football, this England : Equador game, not worthed of any comment. But one thing is certain; football is NOT comming home, even if England by some chance will became the World Champions, but I really, sencirely hope not; I hope England will receive a lesson from Portugal or The Netherland in their next game.

*edit* And the Pop Star has scored. Bljack!

What a load of rubbish, Lampard had a shocker.....AGAIN, Terry (man of the match - wtf crazy_o.gif ) looked like a Conference defender facing a Premiership side, Robinson had a few howlers, and once again, wtf is up with the substitutions Sven??

Holland/Portugal, please do everyone a favour and bomb that excuse of a team out of the tournament. banghead.gif I want my 90 mins back, that was woeful.

I think England doesn't stand a chance in the next round.

Now Holland vs Portugal, that could be exciting. Hope the Dutchies will win, because my money is on them.

notworthy.gif

!!!Hup Holland Hup!!!

if england still day dreaming on the next match like today i am sure that they are not going to win the next one

not really a big fan of David Beckham but he should have been the man of the match as he is the only awake player on the field today mad_o.gif

no idea Placebo, but seems like Beckham are doing one man army on the right(running back and forth for 85 mins some time even have to care about the crap happened in the middle? WTF was that?! it is amazing that he didnt suddently lay dead on the ground)

Quote from JT

Quote[/b] ]"It's encouraging and very positive to get into the quarters. We are not firing on all cylinders yet so that's pleasing."

So I wonder how many times we're going here that excuse. No it isn't encouring sir it is scary. You've scrapped past Ecuador and Paraguay. It is scary not ruddy encouraging. Not firing on all cyclinders so its pleasing...what a load of eyeball.

Same here. goodnight.gif

well you got your wish , this is the best ever amatuer dramatics film i ever saw so far, i believe its there version of Das Boat Dive Dive Dive wink_o.gif.

bloody cheaters , get em offredcard1jf.gif

Good game in my opinion, although the Dutch deserved are goal, because of some miss judgements of the referee!

you must be joking its a farce, only one way to describe this shambles.

handbag5hr.gif<<<<<40 paces>>>>>>>>handbag5hr.gif

I can't believe that such skilled players allow themselves to play like that, probably one of the worst match played thus far because of the huge lack of 'fairplay' from Holland and Portugal, there are at least 10 cards for both sides (including 3 red cards)... shame because both teams play very well.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Oh wow, this was such an entertaining match... rofl.gifrofl.gif

15 yellow cards, 4 reds... Great... Very bad football, though, but I had many good laughs rofl.gif

Portugal deserved the victory, because I never saw such a cunning teams as the Dutch's one... Especially this Kuyt or how he was called... Such a disgusting player band.gif

Your post is enterntaining too with so many smileys (And what do you mean "disgusting player"?), both teams played very hard to win but referee was on a card giving spree tounge2.gif then in 2nd there was a moment of only giving cards instead of football + some acting yay.gif

To bad for us... Holland exit. sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Lack of fairplay, almost an riot on the field... not nice.

@Kavoven

I'd rather be called kuyt then Zweinsteiger! banghead.gif

Damn, what a match... can't we just scratch this one and let England proceed to the semi-finals? A combination of foul play, extreme diving and a horrible ref (although many of the calls were pretty justified, he totally lost control) made this one a thriller we won't forget soon.

edit: Indeed k@voven, what do you mean? He may be butt ugly, but I didn't see him do anything wrong. I thought the dive by Figo was the most disgusting act on the field.

Did anyone keep track of how many minutes they actually played in the second half? Must be somewhere around 20-30 or so tounge2.gif

I didn't mean his look, but his way of playing... He used every chance he got to tackle other players... When he rushed into Ricardo he even positioned his feet more to the right, to hit Ricardo's leg better... That's pretty unfair.

Edit

@FriketMonkey

I dind't mean his name, too wink_o.gif just couldn't remember it.

Did anyone keep track of how many minutes they actually played in the second half? Must be somewhere around 20-30 or so tounge2.gif

Yea only 6 minutes were added, then someone was lying on side (and something happened with keeper) when those 6 min were started :/ don't add any minutes then.

IMHO an extra time was deserved, at least. Portugal had hardly shots on NLs goal besides their scoring shot, NL wasn't very "dangerous" also, even though they had their chances...

But this match was... weird. crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Yea only 6 minutes were added, then someone was lying on side (and something happened with keeper) when those 6 min were started :/ don't add any minutes then.

I expected more, too

That situation with Kuyt sliding was indeed pretty nasty, but I don't think he did anything on purpose. It was a big chance so he went for it. Ricardo had to do a save so he went for it. They naturally bumped into each other, and Kuyt went in feet first because he wanted to hit the ball. I didn't see any foul there, of course in slow motion everything looks much worse and on purpose.