Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

Jupp, especially after in the Africa Cup they didn't get paid completely either!

At least France shot their first WC goal since 1998, that was a pause of 8 years now... biggrin_o.gif

So the french trainer was right in the after match interview, after the draw with South Korea when he said "there is some progress" biggrin_o.gif

I do plenty of reading, thanks. They refused to play because they weren't being paid enough. This is the second time today that they have threatened to not play, the issue was apparently solved after their payment was guaranteed by FIFA after they lowered their initial demand to an undisclosed sum. They have since changed their minds about this reduced amount.

Wanting $196,300 each plus $38,000 for a win and $19,000 for a draw from a country with a GDP of $1,700 per capita is a long way from playing for charity. Besides which, they are getting the priceless advertising of their own skills in the largest sporting event in the world. Play well and, no doubt, they will soon be offered 5, 6 or even 7 figure contracts with European club sides.

They have been involved in this dispute since before the World Cup started, if they had any ideas of not playing then they should have withdrawn and allowed another team to take their place.

Hmmm I thought the Togo dispute had been resolved huh.gif

I read earlier on the BBC site that it had anyway confused_o.gif

Wow, Togo vs Switzerland, now there's a match I've been waiting for for months... wink_o.gif. Then again, it's most likely much better than any France or Italy match.

Bah, that second goal was absolutely unnecessary.

Bah, that second goal was absolutely unnecessary.

hehe, I agree completely, we could use some help wink_o.gif

Ah, damn you Raedor, don't leave me alone down here! crazy_o.gif

tounge2.gifrofl.gif (/edit: I know, I'd get killed for that on CiA, but I decided to leave you behind...)

Ukr was not as weak as in the first match,they'll at least reach the next roung, and that after the 4:0 against Spain... wow_o.gif

I'm no longer last *dances* yay.gifyay.gif

Right result of the Switzerland-Togo game wueyy biggrin_o.gif

I watched the first 20 min of Ukraine vs Saudi Arabia and they were quiet promising. Too bad I didn't see the other goals smile_o.gif

Well, that figures, one goal too much is the trend of today confused_o.gif

Both Ukraine and Spain seemed to have forgotten their match, but at least Spain remembered it in the later minutes... whistle.gif

I didn't watch a single game yesterday, decided non of the matches interested me all that much and an evening playing Hot Shots Golf Fore with the lady of the house seemed a more entertaining prospect smile_o.gif

Tonight of course is different, I'll watch England v Sweden live then watch the Germany match later from video smile_o.gif

I didn't watch a single game yesterday, decided non of the matches interested me all that much and an evening playing Hot Shots Golf Fore with the lady of the house seemed a more entertaining prospect smile_o.gif

Tonight of course is different, I'll watch England v Sweden live then watch the Germany match later from video smile_o.gif

Yep, yesterdays matches were average, but it was nice to see how smooth spain is currently playing. Right now they definetly could beat brasil!

3 guys from the Netherlands in the lead in the mini league. Shows we really are the biggest experts in football biggrin_o.gifrofl.gifnotworthy.gif

I'm watching T&T vs Paraguay, as I can already predict that England vs Sweden will end in a draw (with which both teams quality). Teams that go for the draw on purpose should be thrown out of the tournament.

3 guys from the Netherlands in the lead in the mini league. Shows we really are the biggest experts in football biggrin_o.gifrofl.gifnotworthy.gif

I'm watching T&T vs Paraguay, as I can already predict that England vs Sweden will end in a draw (with which both teams quality). Teams that go for the draw on purpose should be thrown out of the tournament.

Pah jpb. you were often right about the scores, but not always about the winner! So watch out! wink_o.gif

I think Sweden will lose tonight - After 38 (or was it 32?) years of England not beating us, they will do it tonight. I smell disaster for the Swedish WC effort this year smile_o.gif

Since 1968, at which time Sven was playing 3rd division football in Sweden smile_o.gif

It's a shame if Sweden loses, but I have a feeling they will. huh.gif

Nice game between Gremany and Ecuador,especially goal from Podolski (he finally score)-sure hope so he leaves Köln and move to Bayern.

And congrats to Poland for nice victory and 3rd place-they earned it,although they should be on Ecuador place-real shame

And game England:Sweden is pure draw or maybe Swe win if Ibrahimovic finally come together with support of Ljungberg,Alexson,Isakson...,but England is very strong and tie is fair-but we will see..... pistols.gif

Doh ,not good start for England,bad luck for Owen....now is different style of playing,Crouch and his head shots are very dangerous,and now Crouch could risk yellow card and bye to next match......its all open now

just had to come in and say getttttttt in!!!!!!!!!!!

england 1 -0 sweden

joe cole 33mins

God bless Joe Coles right foot. Cracking goal.

Stunner, best goal i've seen so far. Not that my decision will be biased smile_o.gifnotworthy.gif