Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

2-0 against T&T was not very much, remember that most players of T&T play in the 3rd league in England... confused_o.gif

@Albert: the German defense never really was under pressure against Poland... wink_o.gif

It wasn't very convincing by England to win 2-0 , mostly because both goals came late, and T&T was soooooooo close to getting the first goal themself.

I think Lampard is trying to show that he needs a bigger bonus...he's missing the goal from everywhere so he can say "Oi, if I don't get that bonus, I'll do like that in the next game!" rofl.gif That guys accuracy is shitty on england compared to what it is in chelski...

I was pretty happy last night, nobody can look great against an opponenet who keeps 8 players constantly in the box, and the only moments of danger for us were both caused by Robinson going for 2 balls he shouldn't have. T&T at times had 4 sweepers, 3 CB's, 3DM's, how do you look good against that? They were so deep we couldn't get around them with pace, only chance was to play through them and that takes patience. Substitutions we made were spot on, Rooney didn't need to do anything but coming on lifted the team and the crowd, Lennon as RM with Beckham moving to RWB played to both their strengths. Cracking goal by Gerrard and I was delighted to see Crouch get his first world cup goal, although if the referee was more observant it really should have been no goal + 2nd yellow card of the tournament (and thus banned for the Sweden game) for this.......

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H2WxxwYBvrk&search=crouch%20hair

Even with Crouch scoring for England, i don't see why Owen was taken off for Rooney, should have been Crouch, he had a pretty terrible match IMO, and he really doesnt have the ability to be playing on the international level. confused_o.gif

I was thinking also "why didn't that Swedish meatball substitute Crouch for Rooney instead of Owen"....then Crouch scored less then 30 seconds later.... confused_o.gif

"Good" old kick & rush football against a fermly entrenched opponent, now that is smart, considering that all England players play modern football at their respective teams, and have little experience in that kind of play. If it hadn't been for Crouch's length and the fact that he pulled the T&T player by the hair to prevent him from challenging Crouch England wouldn't have won at all.

I agree, what is that guy doing there on that level? Even I have a better ballfeeling than him... I'm not as tall though wink_o.gif

2-0 to argentina, played 31 minutes..

Man, they are really upping their play since last match... This team will be able to cause some serious damage against any team!

Argentina are tearing apart Serbias defense at the moment. 2 - 0 to them. They way they are playing is very impressive and full of conviction. Like Spain they are looking one of the 'better' teams.

Actually, right before the 2-0 I would have said they could do much better, but that second goal was just a magnificent show of teamplay, if they are able to show more of that we've got a potential world champion here.

3-0

I want a Spain vs Argentina Final now biggrin_o.gif .

The way they are finishing the moves inside the box (one of the major difference here b/w them and any other good team) the finesse and the exquisite passing , theres no stopping them. And consider this , that some of their best players still arent playing right now ... Messi and Aimar are on the bench.

Very impressive Argentinian team, sounds like every argentinian player's a 'Maradonna', they play fast and they are very effective.

It's a real pleasure to watch such matches!

Hope the 2nd Half would have the same level of quality...

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

yup yup, very impressive, but it could have been guessed from 1st match.

Definitely a high potential for final, I like this team a lot

3-0

I want a Spain vs Argentina Final now biggrin_o.gif .

The way they are finishing the moves inside the box (one of the major difference here b/w them and any other good team) the finesse and the exquisite passing , theres no stopping them. And consider this , that some of their best players still arent playing right now ... Messi and Aimar are on the bench.

Yep, they're well in shape. And that against the former best defense of Europe (Serbia had only 1 goal against in the whole qualification)... thumbs-up.gif

ouch

Tennis score. It hurts. Serbia showed dedication to attack even in the worst scenario, awesome spirit.

But... well, Argentina rawks :P

SIX - ZERO

OWNAGE!

notworthy.gif

Holland better watch out.

Holland better watch out for their upcoming match now instead, cause it won't probably be an easy run either wink_o.gif

Man... It's like Argentina's coach enabled God Mode before the kick off.  wow_o.gif

Halftime:

Holland 2 - 1 Cote D`voir

Well the dutch have shown good offensive skills but not up to par to what argentina showed. And the dutch defense is lacking somewhat , they look shaky. Absence of Edgar davids and Jaap Stam i guess just showing up.

i realy enjoy the match butt there is one goal missing it wasnt off-side yuo blind referi!! banghead.gifpistols.gif

still we will keep this up!!!!

vamos argentina!!!!!! notworthy.gif

We won! Holland 2 - 1 Cote 'd voir. Both teams played well, but the Dutch were playing a bit poor at the end. Overall nice and exciting game! smile_o.gif

Hup Holland Hup! yay.gif

yay good result for me, thats 3 points in the bag and i jump from 19th to 11th smile_o.gif

What's with the swedes this and swedes that and always in a negative tone. Svennis? Meatball? Ok..!?When things go well for England the word is:it's the players efforts only. When things go bad it's the swedish meatball's fault only. Make up your mind, people. Besides, ask the players and see what they really think about "that swedish meatball". Bets are high they actually...wait for it...like and respect the guy because he lets them do what their supposed to do?!  wow_o.gif

I love the UK but i don't have to love their tabloid womens gossip magazines.

Whiny little...

*waiting for the "baah, Blackblood yelled at me, mom!"*

lol BB , why would you get a ban for pointing the obvious.we have a saying here ,todays Newspaper is tomorrows ,chip paper wink_o.gif.

back OT that mexican game was the worst yet, good on angola tho for puting up a fight smile_o.gif.

OH and "Get Grace Out"

So sad for poor Ivory Coast sad_o.gif Argentina + Netherland proved to be too tough, bad luck with the group they got in, cause they were here for a fight.

Well played, but each time, they were in the game too late, allready 2 goals behind. Too long to wake up sad_o.gif

Actually BB, most of the people in the UK whine about the overpayed players not pulling thier weight, as well as the Swedish meatball being an overpayed idiot... smile_o.gif