Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

damn damn damn damn damn sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

The Trinis deserved the victory... England had just too much luck sad_o.gif

Well not really, i mean sure everyone expected more from the english but they still moped the floor with tnt. They had the ball a lot more and shot a lot lot LOT more on the goal, Crouch had a lot of very good chances.

England controlled the game (they didn't control it as well as one would've expected but they still ruled the game).

With the crazy and Greece part I tried to cover my ass in case England does turn out to be something, as anything can happen in football as we have seen in 1994.

@deanosbeano: no it doesn't, there's quite a difference. I think Brazil played a poor match, I think England has a poor team. wink_o.gif

only one answer to that wink_o.gifstandings6fs.jpg

Umm I dont think many of you watched that game, England did not play fantastically, but did not play bad either, the two goals that did finally happen were on the cards for 30 minutes almost as soon as Lennon and Rooney came on. Easy Chances were missed by Lampard and Crouch which would have made it look easy. Many people would think England played amazing if Crouch scored before half time and at full time it was 3-0, the pressure made the result look a lot worse than it was.

Personally I was happy with the performance, Stevie Gerrard was solid, Lampard had his momements (fantastic movement), Beckham was sublime, Lennon played very well, Terry was solid and we finallly got Rooney on the pitch.

All in all a lot of positives to take into the Sweeden game. I do think people forget this is the world cup and we were playing a team which held Sweeden to a 0-0 which showed their defensive prowess (and the importance of Dwight Yorke).

the pressure made the result look a lot worse than it was.

umm the what? I didn't see any pressure there. making connecting passes in the mid-field to get good posession rate doesn't mean pressure actually wink_o.gif

but what the hell just happened with Sweden? first 15min they had an awesome momentum and after that barely anything sad_o.gif putting a bit more effort than England did in their match tho...

Dwight Yorke taking a shot to the bollocks made that match for me biggrin_o.gif

Curious as to how holding them will help. However, cursed sweden scored. We could have won the group tonight *angry face*. Hope england beat Sweden and Trini beat paraguay smile_o.gif

horrible match! totally horrible! no signs of football after the first 15 minutes yay.gif

Oweehaahaha! WOOO! yay.gif

Finally some points! Yes, yes and YES! Feels great... Ehem... Great win, although the goals should have come alot earlier for Sweden I can't help to be excited about this win. A shite match from Sweden, but still they won it, which makes me happy.

Freddie + Me = inlove.gif

Damn are last minute goals the latest fashion for WC matches now?

Sweden struck one goal in finally in the 89th minute , poor Paraguay out now. A draw would have made the final matches a LOT interesting.

an entire group playing old fashioned football. I realy like the swedish team for their fighting spirit but in front of the goal they play without inspiration! They have a chance against Germany but not against dangerous strikers. They'll rip them apart

I think Sweeden would suit a game against Germany, Germany's horrific leaky defence would let in goals, and with players like Ibrahamovich and Ljungberg they 'should' take advantage of it.

Although Sweedens Defence is equally shaky, and Podloski and Klose arent too bad biggrin_o.gif

And to whoever questioned England were under pressure, of course they were, they were being held by Trinidad and Tobago, not physical pressure but mental.

an entire group playing old fashioned football.

Funny also to see Mellberg and Ljungberg fighting about it rofl.gif

Germany's horrific leaky defence would let in goals, and with players like Ibrahamovich and Ljungberg they 'should' take advantage of it.

The problem is Sweden wouldn't do any proper finishing, atleast judging from the games Iv'e seen with them so far this year. And I wonder if Zlatan will be playing in the next match... In this one he supposedly had a problem with his groin, and overlooking that he's in pretty "bad" shape compared to the one he's usually in.

The German defence was really got in the last match smile_o.gif

Anyway, I fall asleep during the game... crazy_o.gif

The first 15 minuts where really promising and Sweden did a great job, but that was all.

i hope we win tomorrow... smile_o.gif

that match betwen england and t&t was horrible and ecuador vs c.r too rofl.gif

i also hope taht we can see some real football matches

I think Sweeden would suit a game against Germany, Germany's horrific leaky defence would let in goals, and with players like Ibrahamovich and Ljungberg they 'should' take advantage of it.

Although Sweedens Defence is equally shaky, and Podloski and Klose arent too bad  biggrin_o.gif

And to whoever questioned England were under pressure, of course they were, they were being held by Trinidad and Tobago, not physical pressure but mental.

excuse me`? did you watch the last match? Did you see a lack of defense? I didnt! And sweden doesnt have good strikers right now, they were lacking creativity today!

I agree, I think Germany would kick Sweden's ass based on the games so far. And although Sweden has a lot of potential quality in their front line, they managed to score only once in 180 minutes of football in which they were pretty dominant in the midfield. Nevertheless I am not totally convinced yet by Germany, they would have had a lot of problems if their poul wasn't so damn easy.

did you watch the last match? Did you see a lack of defense? I didnt! And sweden doesnt have good strikers right now, they were lacking creativity today!

I didn't see any Polish "strikers" worthy of that title either nener.gif

Contrary to Poland and Costa Rica, Sweden has good strikers, they just aren't showing their full potential right now. Even Costa Rica managed to score twice against Germany, and they are quite possibly one of the weakest teams in the entire WC...

Of course, the better the opponent, the better Germany plays. Even this weakest German team in (possibly) decades still has that quality.

did you watch the last match? Did you see a lack of defense? I didnt! And sweden doesnt have good strikers right now, they were lacking creativity today!

Contrary to Poland and Costa Rica, Sweden has good strikers, they just aren't showing their full potential right now. Even Costa Rica managed to score twice against Germany, and they are quite possibly one of the weakest teams in the entire WC...

Of course, the better the opponent, the better Germany plays. Even this weakest German team in (possibly) decades still has that quality.

Costa Rica scored 2 goal in 0 attacks whistle.gificon_rolleyes.gif

I just hope T&T beats Paraguay and England beats Sweden, and then T&T gets second place on goals or something yay.gif

Costa Rica scored 2 goal in 0 attacks whistle.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif

I just hope T&T beats Paraguay and England beats Sweden, and then T&T gets second place on goals or something yay.gif

Im also hoping that T&T gets 2nd place through goals.

2-0 against T&T was not very much, remember that most players of T&T play in the 3rd league in England... confused_o.gif

@Albert: the German defense never really was under pressure against Poland... wink_o.gif

lets wait and see! How many goals did sweden score yet again? I guess Togo and Costa Rica are about same same!

And concering Poland, be careful with your judgement. They had a bad start but the game against Germany was more than just a yoke!

but no reason to rush with our judgmement, on the 24th we will know better! But I am confident!

Anyhow, against sweden you dont need a good defense! the qualification games are over and now the teams show a whole different performance! wink_o.gif