Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Quote[/b] ]I'd also rather get washed downstream by a fast flowing river than dip in and end up with bloodied up legs.  

Umm, correct me if I am wrong, but the water doesn't actually hurt you until your head is underwater.

Legs don't get damaged just for being in the water.

He means the mere fact that you start to bleed when ''damaged'' by water, not the way you are submerged itself.

Yep. smile_o.gif

Daniel @ Feb. 18 2006,16:00)]
Quote[/b] ]I'd also rather get washed downstream by a fast flowing river than dip in and end up with bloodied up legs.

Umm, correct me if I am wrong, but the water doesn't actually hurt you until your head is underwater.

He means the mere fact that you start to bleed when ''damaged'' by water, not the way you are submerged itself.

Yep. smile_o.gif

sharks smile_o.gif?

you can order your squad to Mount a friendly helicopter flying by and the helo will find the most appropriate place to land and pick you up, ON THE FLY.  If you're IN the helicopter, you can order your squad to disembark and the pilot will find the most appropriate place to land and let you off ON THE FLY.

Oh, gosh, I'm really impressed. That feature isn't incorporated at all in standard OFP, is it? tounge2.gif

Now please stop bringing up Elite again. Placebo already told us to shut it. smile_o.gif

Yep.  smile_o.gif

sharks smile_o.gif?

For so long I wondered why I would get bleeding legs after too long in the water! - Now I know - sharks!  notworthy.gif

Or could it be piranhas?   rofl.gif

Yep. smile_o.gif

sharks smile_o.gif?

For so long I wondered why I would get bleeding legs after too long in the water! - Now I know - sharks! notworthy.gif

Or could it be piranhas? rofl.gif

Actually, i think suma stated that it was piranhas in some "wildlife in arma" thread smile_o.gif?

Oh, and that "get in" chopper thingy - it is in standard ofp as well

I don't think thats an ingame shot.  confused_o.gif

I don't think it is either... but it might be from Next Gen. fingers crosed notworthy.gif

I don't think thats an ingame shot.  confused_o.gif

I don't think it is either... but it might be from Next Gen.  fingers crosed  notworthy.gif

From Next Gen?!? Have you noticed the big sign at the bottom of that picture?

Anyway that picture is probably rendered. Or something like a montage :-)

Hey, just a crazy thought, but surely the pic above is either the box art or promotional material - poster / magazine advert that sort of thing.

Just a guess...

i bet the playermodels are ingame and then faked, polished, rendered in or whatever, but they are ingame. look on the right soldiers vest, arms and hands, they are to low poly for a pure promotional use.

the environment is very bad faked crazy_o.gif (atleast the strange walls with a wormhole to another dimension ... look at the hummer and try to imagine where the rest of it must stand rofl.gif ). the tree's, groundtexture and little piece of the wall in the front of the lsd hummer looks ingame too. so that could also be an ingame environment screen with ugly fake walls infront of the nice botanic that stands arround this destroyed building

I think they might be actual ingame models but these points go against it:

- Soldiers arms are not detached, from earlier shots, we've seen that ArmA soldiers still suffer from that OFP issue (Here is hoping that they've fixed that)

- As above, but for the head

- I think the wall on the pic is definatley RL pic, and soldier is specially animated for this promo shot.

- The palms also look odd, also if you notice the small green bush on the wall on the right part of the pic, you can see that the palm is infrot of that, that can either be a mistake by whoever made/edited that pic, or there is something greenish on the palm

- I can see a bit of an outline on the soldiers in the background, whitch could mean they were inserted into the shot afterwards

- Look at the desert next to that wall, it's kinda odd to see the terrain cells that small

The soldier on the right in the background has got a very limp right hand!  huh.gif .

Not sure I would want to hold my hand like that for too long  - or if I could even get it at that angle in the first place! But then again I'm not double jointed!  wink_o.gif  

Other than that though the models are quite good and they stand a lot better than in OFP. (no more bandy legs!wink_o.gif.  biggrin_o.gif

That guy on the right looks like that because he has to use a crappy M16, when he wishes he had an AK... wink_o.gif

The faces on the soldiers are exact copies from VBS1 so it's possible that they are in fact ingame models. What is obviously true is the fact ingame models wont stand like that sad_o.gif  

face200zz.jpg  untitled2ov.jpg

What is obviously true is the fact ingame models wont stand like that sad_o.gif

How is it "obviously true"? smile_o.gif

Perhaps it will, with an custom animation, but I doubt you will be able to do that while playing without any scripting, that is, considering it is using OFP system.

Altough, what is to speculate is that BIS might have added dynamic "stepping-over-small-objects", but I think thats highly unlikely.

Placebo, you just love to play with our imagination, don't cha? thumbs-up.gif

EDIT: If it isn't too revealing, could you say if any of my "6 facts about that pic" are correct?

Also, I'm wondering why on most of the pic that specific face is present, I wonder who does it belong to in RL, if it does.

I believe the guy on the left has a new pistol stance. Least I think he has a pistol.

Quote[/b] ]Placebo Posted on Feb. 20 2006,16:30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How is it "obviously true"?  

Ohh Hoo, THIS is good inlove.gif  banghead.gif

~5 minutes earlier~

*Placebo opens MOD closet and takes out Uber large rumor mill stir stick*

'Hmmm. Which thread will I use THIS on?  Of course, the ArmA latest screenshots.. They haven't been [artistic license] slavering like caged, starved Pavlov's dogs with a butterball turkey struting in front of them wearing a ringing bell [/artistic license]. This'll work.'  tounge2.gif  rofl.gif

K.. NOW I'm wondering what the heck we're really in for. (oh please, oh please  yay.gif  )

What's the point of replying vaguely like that? Most threads asking for information are immediately shut down, so why tease everyone with a rumor? This game (and "Game 2") has been nothing but smoke and mirrors so far ... half the time we don't even know which game is which.

I see where you're trying to go with it all ... create confusion and, inherently, interest. But to anyone (like me) that comes to these forums once a week to check for solid news, all I see is conflicting speculation and random hints that don't mean much anyway. Really makes me LOSE interest.

Seriously, this is one of the weirdest PR/advertising teams ever ... hope it works out for the better, for everyone's sake.

I dont think the job of PR / advertising ever came with a rule-book. Its just when something is or isn't "obviously true" then we should take everything with a pinch of salt and understand that work in progress can mean that anything and everything could change before final release. Specifically, we do know in the arguments presented before that final animations are yet to be implemented so I assume that stances will similarly be altered a bit.

Easyest way to think about things - what isn't in AA may be in a patch, and if not, may be in Game 2.

Or a mod.

Hooray!

My opinion remains however on promotional material. I can see the box now........

Quote[/b] ]this is one of the weirdest PR/advertising teams ever
Well since BIS are the developers they dont really handle any of the PR or adverstising, i belive that is in the hands of the publisher. Which of course, we have no idea who the publishers are. Im sure once BIS nail a publisher we'll see more screens, infomation, and advertising around the place (lets hope they do a better job then codemasters) whistle.gif