Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Don't forget the comparisons arn't from OFP there from the community addons for OFP which seem better than the recent screenshots.

Not that I mind graphics at all when playing a game, but the only thing that really makes the new ArmA textures stand out from the community created addons is the normal mapping (and that is a compliment to the community)

(Or due to the fact that the ''community'' makes up for a large part of BIS's artists whistle.gif )

Picture UH60 Does that sniper below the helicopter remind anyone of the sniper from the early OFP:E screenshots?

Also does the helicopter look weird to anyone?

So far these are the only new things that we know about as far as completely new vehicle/ weapon types correct?

New Vehicles: Littlebird (2 Types)

New Weapons: RPG-7 and SAW

Wow...first pic is VERY impressive. The vegetation looks very colorful and lush. Great job BIS.

I think that the text on the bottom of the last interview means that the second part of the interview will focus on the engine, multiplayer mode, and support for the mod community , It`ll also include some info about game2...

Are the screens the latest one? Will we get something more up to date now?

It's sort of painful to see that the soldiers are still putting the butts of their rifles on their biceps and aiming down the side of the barrel... Hopefully this will be rememdied so that the iron site view is still in line with the soldier's head, instead of sticking out from his shoulder. Otherwise, the graphics technology looks very current. I really can't wait to play this game- and I really can't wait to see what mod teams can do with it!

I am happy today - we live to see part #2 of interview (about ArmA and Game 2) tounge2.gif

No problem at all smile_o.gif

Like spoock said, today we will have another part of the interview, I'll try to translate it again. (another 20 questions, uuugh biggrin_o.gif )

You noticed in the interview it says there might be other ways to get **-through-** a fence, and not Over the fence LOL!! maybe they just have animated gates wow_o.gif

it works for me, but no new screens   wow_o.gif

can anyone translate the 2nd part?

Sorry I am late a little bit, but here it is smile_o.gif

2nd part

Again it's rough translation, not word by word, but the purpose is the same wink_o.gif

Sorry I am late a little bit, but here it is smile_o.gif

2nd part

Again it's rough translation, not word by word, but the purpose is the same wink_o.gif

great job! yay.gif

Sounds great, but my 6600 GT has only 128Mb Ram... confused_o.gif

256MB is recommended, I think minimum will be lower.

Quote[/b] ]Rivers will be supported in limited ways, you can maneuver vehicles on them

In other words like it is now already in OFP.

Quote[/b] ]What will be the addon compatibility from OFP?

Compatibility plays a big role in developing, it would be a pity if you lost many thousands fan addons, but we'll have to modify it a bit because of the new graphics.

Confirms what I have been saying all along. Who will want to play with addons or mods that don't have normal mapping (it's not like BIS will release a program ''Normal_Map-IT!''wink_o.gif?

No one.

*Fears all of the same addons will be redone completely to death again as some where for OFP*

Quote[/b] ]Rivers will be supported in limited ways, you can maneuver vehicles on them

Oh now that is really disappointing sad_o.gif Sounds like no rivers and streams have been added at all, but rather the sea-level inlets of OFP:Resistance.

Guest Ti0n3r
What means "Will the game be localized in czech, will it be dubbed?" wtf!

I'm pretty sure the guy is asking if they will release a czech language version of the game as well as an english version.