Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

On the forest pic the shadows look quite unfinished. The first pic looks a bit odd, the dark gras combined with the very light grass o_O. Other than that, applying some AF on the pic with the black road doesn't hurt as after 10m it becomes blurry as water. smile_o.gif

Other than that looks quite good.

Take a look at the forest/convoy pic. Isn't the truck driving a bit on the grass? Does this mean BIS hasn't fixed the AI vehicle pathfinding? sad_o.gif

I take it those are pics of old builds again,like the other released recently.This still very much looks like the xbox thing(imo) and the 4-Sun lightning always makes me wonder for what reason they cranked up the light and reflection settings to maximum for.Looks very oooooooooddd.

Waiting for June smile_o.gif

The vehicle is parked on the side of the road, it isn't in motion. This particular screenshot is a copy of an earlier Arma screenshot , where a fuel truck is parked off the road in the middle of the forest.

I can't seem to find the earlier screenshot online now, but I've got a copy here.

Very nice indeed..  inlove.gif

Only criticism in these pics is that the forests look very neat and tidy - no brush or fallen trees, hmm nice idea for an addon.  I'm hoping that newer screenies will show increased debris.

The lighting goes from stark 'high-noon' to flat overcast very well. thumbs-up.gif (might be dust though)

'Till Sunday then  yay.gif

Maybe i'm just not seeing it the same as you guys, but i'm not overly impressed. The first picture of the two trucks on the road is misleading as i'll bet the nearer truck isn't moving. If you look at the farthest vehicle you'll see it's in the middle of the road. Pathfinding for AI vehicles drive in the centre of road textures as this also happens in the TP3 module for VBS1. So vehicle will not be able to pass oneanother on the road. The second picture makes my toes curl as we already have FAR better M113s in the game provided by the Combat team. Plus the crew models are from the VBS1 core, Updated crewmen are available in the USARMY1 module. The third shot is for want of a better word, shit. I mean why on earth would anybody take a sreenshot of that. It's nothing we havn't seen a hundred times already. Plus there's no shadows on the trees on the far bank. The fourth shot could of been taken straight out of OFP Elite, nothing to get excited about there. Same old OFP animations with weapon holding and stance. I know you guys are desperate for news and info but come on guys we've seen better than this in OFP as it is now.

You know why there isn't shadows on the background trees? You can see, there is a hill starting from there, and by looking at the shadows you can notice that the sun is so low, that the hill will prevent from the trees to make shadows.

You know why there isn't shadows on the background trees? You can see, there is a hill starting from there, and by looking at the shadows you can notice that the sun is so low, that the hill will prevent from the trees to make shadows.

Ok, but what about the other screenshots. tounge2.gif. Having a second look, if the sun was so low it wouldn't be that bright in the foreground and the shadows would be longer. The only thing that would cause this would be cloud cover and i can't see them implementing that.

Maybe i'm just not seeing it the same as you guys, but i'm not overly impressed. The first picture of the two trucks on the road is misleading as i'll bet the nearer truck isn't moving. If you look at the farthest vehicle you'll see it's in the middle of the road. Pathfinding for AI vehicles drive in the centre of road textures as this also happens in the TP3 module for VBS1. So vehicle will not be able to pass oneanother on the road. The second picture makes my toes curl as we already have FAR better M113s in the game provided by the Combat team. Plus the crew models are from the VBS1 core, Updated crewmen are available in the USARMY1 module. The third shot is for want of a better word, shit. I mean why on earth would anybody take a sreenshot of that. It's nothing we havn't seen a hundred times already. Plus there's no shadows on the trees on the far bank. The fourth shot could of been taken straight out of OFP Elite, nothing to get excited about there. Same old OFP animations with weapon holding and stance. I know you guys are desperate for news and info but come on guys we've seen better than this in OFP as it is now.

i agree the gfx are not impressve, maybe worser than vbs/ofp..

to shiny for me as well

Ok, but what about the other screenshots.

On the fourth pic are old animations for some simply reasons.  Screen is one or two months old and animations are one of the last features that BIS making.

The pic with the truck and the city really kick *ss! smile_o.gif Though I'm starting to think there won't be soft shadows in the game at all. mad_o.gif

The only thing that would cause this would be cloud cover and i can't see them implementing that.

Keep in mind that OFP:Elite has reported cloud shadows.

Uziyahu-IDF, I believe, has reported it in his surprisingly low-bias review tounge2.gif

Edit:"Daylight strengthens and wanes as the sun plays hide-and-seek in the clouds above. (Yes, the clouds are not just a texture on the ceiling of a "Truman Show" sound stage.)"

So keep dreaming the good dreams.

these screenshots aren't as good as ones we've seen before (hopefully theyre a bit old). In the UH 60 pic the machine gunner isn't even looking into the sights, but when BI takes care of the animations I'm sure that it will be fixed. Great screens, we need a translation of that interview!! ASAP crazy_o.gif

i dont know bis might say

thats it lets go whith this.

juck some sceens to the

lions only to have them ripped

apart, and think shit back to

the drawingboard band.gif

LoL, you're definitely blind if you think that OFP graphics is better than ArmA...Get glasses ffs.........And stop that whining, those graphics are good, better than expected, why do you whine? Is the graphics so important? Games sucks because graphics isn't the best in the market? Omfg with you whiners...

LoL, you're definitely blind if you think that OFP graphics is better than ArmA...Get glasses ffs.........And stop that whining, those graphics are good, better than expected, why do you whine? Is the graphics so important? Games sucks because graphics isn't the best in the market? Omfg with you whiners...

Don't forget the comparisons arn't from OFP there from the community addons for OFP which seem better than the recent screenshots. I'm not a graphics only whiner as i've got VBS1 and i'm hopeing Armed assault will atleast be on par with that in terms of eye candy. But from what i've seen it's not.

Another changes are much more detailed towns and new object destruction capabilities.

... g`damnit ... URA URA URA ! thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]It will have improved OFP:Elite engine

So, as some have suggested ... if you want to have a taste of ArmA you could check out OFP:E :) ... looking forward to ArmA myself.