Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

I have a great Idea people, well not really "MINE" but, every time we get a new screenshot we should recreate it in OFP:R. Kinda like the two pics at the start of this tread.

I found it really really cool! and eye opening.

How about this.

Quote[/b] ]I have a great Idea people, well not really "MINE" but, every time we get a new screenshot you should recreate it in OFP:R. Kinda like the two pics at the start of this tread.

I have a great Idea people, well not really "MINE" but, every time we get a new screenshot we should recreate it in OFP:R. Kinda like the two pics at the start of this tread.

How about this.

Quote[/b] ]I have a great Idea people, well not really "MINE" but, every time we get a new screenshot you should recreate it in OFP:R. Kinda like the two pics at the start of this tread.

Well that was a nice response, DAMN you people have turned into a bunch of children.....and "we" does include "me".

Just thought it was a cool idea, and the damn finger crap went way too far. If I get some time maybe I will try. In the mean time dont be such a ass.

How about this.

cut the man some slack. i think its a good idea, really lets you see how the engine and units have been updated.

Yeah me 3, it would really make people see the changes and appreciate more. Alot of unnecessary rowdyness in this forum lately, i can understand everyone is abit nervy but come on. Its just a game right smile_o.gif

Indeed,I agree with the idea,somethin to help get off this finger subject. Seriously,three pages of argueing over a finger animation which you will not see in anything but cutscenes? When you are fighting the enemy will you be looking at them or your buddys hand? When you are in person,will you see your weapon or your moving fingers? Your weapon and wrist,when you find yourself in a situation of supporting your buddies,what will you be looking at,your squads fingers or your enemy? Seriously,its as if a finger fetish is goin on. Argueing over something like the way tanks work,a radar works or something of much more important nature would make sense. But a finger? I would say you should be ashamed for raising hell over such foolishness,I just wanted to post this message and perhaps tell you that some things are not worth argueing back and forth. "Well it adds immersion.." And so would wild life,but in the end which would be the better arguement? Now...a few people including Placebo have stated blatantly that there are finger trigger animations,so let me type it out in a spaced phrase for those of you that skim.

Placebo along with several others have stated that there are finger animations.

There,now its time to move on with the subject and find something new to talk about.

This comparison idea is not too bad:)

I myself will (at least it is my intension) remake my 'Battle at le Port' vid in ArmA. Trying to get as much of the same setting as possible cause there will be now place 'Le Port' i gues. And using the same music.

Really curious how it will turn out.

Initially, I agreed, but I think it's mostly due to the camera angle.

Here's a RL pic from a similar aspect.

t-80-DDST8407835_JPG.jpg

The T-72 in arma isn't the best, it has this triangular part of the hull standing out between the upper track covering parts. Just look at the part bellow the root of the turret, that's the part i'm talking about. It shouldn't be standing out like that, but meh it's not that big of a deal.

edit: i tried to mark it but i only have paint

czg3ux1.jpg

t72rd152nh8.jpg

i think so. look at the wheels on the tracks, they are more oval than round

Don't forget a huge number of different T-72 variations were made. We don't know which one BIS based their model on. It might be perfectly accurate for that specific model.

*not talking about a finger*

Just went into CAT's Afgan island to recreate some imagery.  As we don't have many of the new buildings, I tried placing a few along with some foilage from Berghoffs nature pack,  no comparison.  Even in the grainy, dark vids or stills that make ArmA look so bad.  I've got a AMD 4400 x2 and a Nvidia 6800gs with all settings cranked and 1280 x 1024 resolution.  The only thing that comes close is Combat's vehicles (go figure), and one of the infantry addons (don't know who made it.. too many.  Possibly Hyk's) Can't wait to do this the other way around!

inlove.gif  yay.gif

it really depends on angle and subtype of tank

800px-New_iraqi_army_tank.jpg

Umm, I think that screenshot appears squished, in this screen from GC Press Kit, the T72 looks fine to me.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4874/czg3ux1.jpg

The image is not in full perspective..thing something like being in O2 and zooming out a bit and then getting closer to the model,or using OFP's camera script...I think its camera.sqs...yeah..anyway,it looksl ike that was used by zoomed out a bit and the camera was pushed closer,so the front is closer and longer but the rear is farther and shorted,thus warping the image.

maybe the tank is a modified North Sahrani tank. Might be a huge tank factory in N.S. now that would be a sweet spot to clean out opfor.

maybe the tank is a modified North Sahrani tank. Might be a huge tank factory in N.S. now that would be a sweet spot to clean out opfor.

i admire your optimism smile_o.gif

i think so. look at the wheels on the tracks, they are more oval than round

you couldn't just look at it, but had to tell from the shape of the wheel?

your spatial abilities are meager at best

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4874/czg3ux1.jpg

The image is not in full perspective..thing something like being in O2 and zooming out a bit and then getting closer to the model,or using OFP's camera script...I think its camera.sqs...yeah..anyway,it looksl ike that was used by zoomed out a bit and the camera was pushed closer,so the front is closer and longer but the rear is farther and shorted,thus warping the image.

Yea, now that you say it it does seem warped. But the red part i marked still seems to be standing out a little bit more then it should.

The part sticks out in non warped pics too. edit: forgot link; http://www.armedassault.com/shots/aa_shot6.jpg

No big deal though. I won't lose sleep over it it is just a minor aesthetic. I was just surprised because i thought that BIS makes these models from blueprints.

No arguements here,that part does potrude a bit farther than what it seems it should,but I'm not really a T-72 expert,I have no idea what earlier models looked like or such,all I know is how to identify them with the most basic preferences.