Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

most look good but the one with the tracks burried in the road hopefully will be sorted out. cant wait to play coops again

arma weapons are taken from vbs1 (yes you read correctly)

same with a load of other objects.

its pretty useless discussing how vbs2 will look like cuz its quite unlikely that there will be new screens anytime soon.

understand that vbs2 is a military sim.

and remeber that vbs was created in the same year ofp was released (2001) and when was vbs1 released to the public? smile_o.gif

so better dont break your heads with things you dont know about :P its not worth the headache

besides

is it just me or dont the commies lack a chinstrap on the helmet ? :S!

someone should tell bis

In this picture

Who in the world build a blok of flat in the middle of nowhere, at the end of a dusty road.

I dunno what to do laugh or cry. It looks totaly wrong.

I hope this is not somewhere on the ArmA map.

its an office building, so i guess it could happen, but no parking or proper road?  crazy_o.gif

bis_jaro2.jpg

Lets use this as a fine example.  whistle.gif

Edit: Great find Vizir!

arma weapons are taken from vbs1 (yes you read correctly)

same with a load of other objects.

Well, why should BI waste time re-creating same weapons?

33 new screens

today there was a new beta test on armedassault.pl with 33 new pics

Not a bad read, great screen grabs, and all on a mid-range system. yay.gif

(There are 36 screens BTW wink_o.gif )

Great screens, ArmA still seems to get improved biggrin_o.gif

(If only people would turn AF on, it doesnt cost alot of performance but it makes the game look 3 times better crazy_o.gif )

Yeah probably CamSetfocus

Would be cool if we could make adjustable scopes or binocs with that new camera effect. tounge2.gif

@ arma.pl Polak potrafi wink_o.gif

The latest pics from armedassault.pl are great...However, I spent some time in ms paint tounge2.gif to make the forest pic a bit more realistic...

That`s a small thing, but when you watch carefully, those trunks are much lighter than the ground, which looks like they were pasted there from somewhere else...

Here`s a part of the oryginal pic.

pic unedited

Even a quick edit in ms paint makes It look like that:

edited pic

Notice that It`s a small issue when It comes to that particular screen, but I`m talking about the lighting in general...

Just a minor thing, but the flag shows the wrong direction. Its the other way on uniforms to show the soldier carrying the flag into the battle, e.g. like here in America's Army.

And are these the same watch towers we had in OFP?

Anyway, some great scenery shots! And a nice new bridge. thumbs-up.gif

the flag is known about and placebo reliably informs us that its been changed since that press demo.

the watchtower is indeed from OFP.

the flag is known about and placebo reliably informs us that its been changed since that press demo.

they do look touched up though.  smile_o.gif

they do look touched up though. smile_o.gif

i think bump mapping and HDR will have that effect on anything biggrin_o.gif

Why does the bad commie side have uncool faces? I always noticed that the bad commie side have all un aesthetically pleasing faces. lol

Can't we just make the east side look just as attractive as the west? lol nener.gif

Market research shows that the 18-34 demographic values chin straps in military games 32.3% more than other demographics[1].

[1] 2005 study "Chin Straps - The public perception" by lobby organisation CSMU (Chin Strap Makers United).

Why does the bad commie side have uncool faces? I always noticed that the bad commie side have all un aesthetically pleasing faces. lol

Can't we just make the east side look just as attractive as the west? lol nener.gif

it's prolly because people used to think that communists were a threat to the whole world (lots of people think that way these days as well) so they have to look like the average bad guy.

and Chipper's right about the chinstrap... the helmet looks like some kind of a pot without it

Guest Ti0n3r

I just don't understand how BIS could have missed it when they got it right for the US soldiers ages ago ._.

Because after buying the KA50 choppers, the north military does not have enough money to equip the helmets with chinstraps wink_o.gif