Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

I'd be fine with how dark OFP was, only if it affected AI also. It was kinda impossible to play when you have a black screen, yet AI shoots you down at 200 metres with one AK74 burst

I found that in night-fights, the AI maximum engagement range was always (much) lower than during daylight. huh.gif Of course, if you fire at them from 300 yrds out, your muzzle flash will stand out like headlights, and they will take you out quickly. wink_o.gif

This picture is so ugly, it reminds me the early backdays of duke nukem 3D mid 90's.

No streetlightshadow anno 2007? This is just worse.Is this realy the work of an award winner?

You have to remeber some people cant play ArmA with full detail setting so some people might not be able to run that new effect with shadows and all that. huh.gif

Got to remeber a lot of people are taking crap shots..

BUT those new pictures are amazing.. nice and sharp and hoorah biggrin_o.gif

This picture is so ugly, it reminds me the early backdays of duke nukem 3D mid 90's.

No streetlightshadow anno 2007? This is just worse.Is this realy the work of an award winner?

I thought the same thing. I know I also ranted earlier to make night a tad brighter for the purpose of gameplay, but seriously...it looks like daytime with a black sky. Not to mention the black and white...ugh.

Take down the brightness and increase the saturation and everything suddenly looks so much better!

Why BIS why? Please take out that ugly and unrealistic greyscale filter! I'd rather see full color at night than have it looking like This.  mad_o.gif

I start to believe they post this kinda strange pics so Us Community have things to discuss untill new pics come out or new information.

I call this boring information to stall.

I start to believe they post this kinda strange pics so Us Community have things to discuss untill new pics come out or new information.

I call this boring information to stall.

biggrin_o.gif

Commenting on this black & white issue. It is lo-res but these OFPE screens are not bad either:)

dg190.jpg

dg220.jpg

dg225.jpg

I guess ArmA will at least offer the Elite nights/colors. If you care checkout ofpe screens for some more screens.

Ok, i will shut up for a mo with this last picture:)

armaishireselite.jpg

(point is, if i scale 2 screenies down ... wouldn't you agree they resemble:)

Ok, i will shut up for a mo with this last picture:)

[ig]http://www.maxqubit.com/armaishireselite.jpg[/img]

(point is, if i scale 2 screenies down ... wouldn't you agree they resemble:)

Thats becuase they are all from the same engine.. except one is a upgraded engine for PC.. and with them scaled done they are going to look the same.. i could get a ofp screen shot to resemble..

You wouldn't have (waving) grass and insects in classic OFP

I can get away with 'ArmA is hires Elite' (in many ways). The graphical resemblence between ArmA and OFP is much less obvious imho.

(So taking a peek at, or god forbid even playing, Elite would answer a lot of questions asked by old-time OFP junkies;)

Elite has much improved lighting compared to OPF, the diference in those shots (Arma and OPFE) is that the Arma pic has a clear sky.

I really like how the low sunlight lights up the clouds in OPFE pics smile_o.gif .

I can get away with 'ArmA is hires Elite' (in many ways). The graphical resemblence between ArmA and OFP is much less obvious imho.

(So taking a peek at, or god forbid even playing, Elite would answer a lot of questions asked by old-time OFP junkies;)

thats not the point, u cant see anything waving in those pictures now.. so why does it have to wav in ofp.. its a picture.. biggrin_o.gif

armaishireselite.jpgtest1.jpg

can you see the differnce between ArmA, OFPE, OFPR cos i cant. i knw the suns been redone tho.

i seriously like the new pics posted on ofp.info

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/armaga7.jpg

amen... finally people who do the game justice instead of posting up jagged crappy pictures of vehicles.

It's because there are two types of gaming websites in the world, those who know how to use initialization field to type this exec "camera.sqs" and those who don't. smile_o.gif

amen... finally people who do the game justice instead of posting up jagged crappy pictures of vehicles.

It's because there are two types of gaming websites in the world, those who can use initialization field to type this exec "camera.sqs" and those who can't. smile_o.gif

Essentially the "know what they're taling about" and "bunch of morons who got lucky with their job" websites then wink_o.gif

Good to finally see some pics which do ArmA justice tho thumbs-up.gif

there's nothing special about that picture. it's overrated. the ground is flat and ugly(compared to all other photos with jagged rocks and swooping hills and trees) and you can't see any detail in the soldiers especially when there's the new normal map features. the blackhawk looks like a card board cut out.

the only reason people like it is because it's "artsy" i think it look rather boring and pretentious.

put any picture into that small a size and compare them you wouldn't see much difference anyways. oh and good job completely disregarding the whole new higher polygons and better shaders. have you even seen the screenshots? the models look nothing like ofpe models. it only looks that way cause both those shots were mere outlines. you couldn't see any details from the texture or lighting.

[ig]http://www.maxqubit.com/armaishireselite.jpg[/img][ig]http://www.surfacezero.com/uploads/M.R.S/Images/Forumpics/test1.jpg[/img]

can you see the differnce between ArmA, OFPE, OFPR cos i cant. i knw the suns been redone tho.

*looks at a picture of armed assault player model, its animation and lighting effects along with hundreds of other vehicles, player models and foliage*

yeah i really can't see any difference at all whistle.gif

i guess ofp/ofpe had fields of high res grass too...and fluid animations as well as hdr lighting and shaders on vehicles and uniforms. silly me

have you morons just forgotten all those pics of aa in this thread? i can scale a pic of day of defeat source and ofpe together to that small a size and get them to look the same. what's the point? that you can't really see detail from that small a scale. use your brain, idiot.

thrush213 you've just broken three forum rules in two posts, I'd suggest if you plan to stay around you familiarise yourself with the forum rules: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/forum_rules/01

1. Don't double post for laziness, edit your previous post if you want to reply to someone else.

2. Remove image tags when quoting, we don't need to see the same images over and over.

3. Do not flame/flamebait on the forums, name-calling is not acceptable here.

It's funny because what some here fail to understand is that the hostility towards Elite is in fact a direct assault (sic) on BIS.

The facts are:

Out-of-the-box OFP = 2001

Out-of-the-box OFP:R = 2002

Out-of-the-box Elite = 2005

Out-of-the-box ArmA = 2006

I jokingly said ArmA is hires Elite ... what most of you want is to ignore Elite (just because it is a console title) ... but ArmA is build on top of the advances made with Elite, so if you like it or not, you will play a title with a least some Elite 'genes' in it:)

Commenting on this black & white issue. It is lo-res but these OFPE screens are not bad either:)

[im]http://www.dutchghosts.nl/img/dg190.jpg[/img]

[im]http://www.dutchghosts.nl/img/dg220.jpg[/img]

[im]http://www.dutchghosts.nl/img/dg225.jpg[/img]

I guess ArmA will at least offer the Elite nights/colors. If you care checkout ofpe screens for some more screens.

Thanks for posting those Elite screens maxqubit, but those are not actually nighttime scenes, There is the sun so they are late evening or early morning (same as OFPR). The link you gave to the Elite screens was more useful though and I studied the night scenes there especially this one...

ofpenight.jpg

Actually better than I thought. though I still managed to improve it! ....

ofpenight_fixed.jpg

I don't want to have to install another DXDL mod, so I am hoping that BIS will get it right this time!

The daytime shots of ArmA are stunning, I want to see some equally nice shots at night!

Hopefully though it will all be fixed for the release!  smile_o.gif

Im not sure if this screens been disscuessed or not yet but:

Clicky!

That looks suspisouly like we might be able to shoot from vehicles with infantry weapons?! wow_o.gif

It's just a cargo animation.... sad_o.gif

do we know for sure? im sorry if i missed some confirmation. we have multiple gunner positions so i wouldnt be suprised if you could shoot.