Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

The game was anounced in late 2004..2005?

If your so anxious about it simply do this- Stand up,walk away from the computer and outside,get a breather and then do not think about AA or visit the forums for a few days,that should help soften the tension.

originally BIS announced the development of "Operation Flashpoint 2" in spring 2003 and that's roughly where the count begins. And ArmA was already due to release in H1/2006, then postponed for Q3... then Q4.

of course at least I can go out to get some fresh air and do other things besides F5'ing ofp.info, IDEA website, BIS website, official forums. but it's like thinking of when if ever do I meet the perfect woman etc, the thought will always come back and haunt you when ever you're idle enough to get your mind rolling.

that's just a theory based on my own experience

I am also quite suprised to hear people actually debating on wanting this game,when at first they said they were absolutetly gonna buy it and then raved for release date after release date,now we have "maybe's". Quite ironic I dare say.

how could someone debate on buying a product before it's been made ? - i dont see the irony, they wanted the product and it had (or apparently has) features that didnt live up to their expectations.

Personally I don't understand what is with this whole impatience thing. The game was anounced in late 2004..2005? Two years tops,thats pretty much what it equals to most games these days,things aren't going to come off the market at a quick pace ...not good games anyway....

Yeah the only games that will roll off the shelves fast is the new burger king games... Fast food, now fast games, what will the fat king think of next...

99% of all the dissapointing and overhyped crap that is released today, i would have prefered a demo so that I wouldn't have waisted my money. A demo is needed and i won't be making the same mistke of buying a game without trying it first, one way or another.

sadly true jenkins. -- of the last 6 games i've really been waiting for with baited breath, 5 sucked.

Wow, some really amazing stuff in here!

Quote[/b] ]sheep will tend to herd together but run away randomly when startled.

We got sheep! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The enhanced sound engine allows us to simulate for example the way that the sound of an explosion which happens behind a building is muffled when you hear it.

thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]To that end we've developed a system whereby any number of soldiers can be ordered around simply by holding down the spacebar and utilising the mouse.

Interesting...

My armed assault fever becomes unbearable

Quote[/b] ]you won't be specifically targeted ahead of any AI

That's a very good news IMO. I think i haven't heard from that feature before.

I just love the way the trees cast shadows over the long grass.  inlove.gif

screenshot_162696_thumb300.jpgscreenshot_162694_thumb300.jpg

Uh. That's already in OFP. whistle.gif

It sure doesn't felted like that.

If it was in OFP i sure hope they improved it a lot. wink_o.gif

Well, that's 'cause you are the player and since you are better (read: kill more Russians) than everyone else you also pose as a greater threat. Try to just hang on to the squad and only fire a round or two and you'll notice that you are NOT prioritized.

It's logically really. Who would you target, the dude that is firing away his G36 and killing everyone around you or the dude that is having problem navigating in close quaters? tounge2.gif

The bigger the threat = the higher the priority. Simple. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] Even the extent to which the game can be modded has been improved, for example our extensive AI in both characters and ambient life uses an FSM system which can be modified meaning that it's possible for the community to modify or even create new artificial intelligence behaviours.

Christmas has already started for me xmas_o.gif

Best interview about ArmA ever! The noted AI features are tingling my senses. I can't wait for the SP/MP demo's to be mass-downloaded.

In OFP the first soldier in your squad to fire his gun is usually dead first. Cause the enemy will open fire on whatever person fired on them first so that's why I like to let my squad mates fire a few rounds of before I do. tounge2.gif

Well, that's 'cause you are the player and since you are better (read: kill more Russians) than everyone else you also pose as a greater threat. Try to just hang on to the squad and only fire a round or two and you'll notice that you are NOT prioritized.

It's logically really. Who would you target, the dude that is firing away his G36 and killing everyone around you or the dude that is having problem navigating in close quaters? tounge2.gif

The bigger the threat = the higher the priority. Simple. smile_o.gif

I guess you're right.

It's happens very rarely that player is coming behind the team so you can't notice the feature. Player is usually the scout that fire's his gun first.

In OFP the first soldier in your squad to fire his gun is usually dead first. Cause the enemy will open fire on whatever person fired on them first so that's why I like to let my squad mates fire a few rounds of before I do. tounge2.gif

if I lead the squad I order hold fire and wait for the moment. everyone opening fire at the same time really catches the enemy squad with their pants down and everything's over in a few seconds tounge2.gif and with minimal losses

O my god!

Check this screenshot :

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/mediali....693.jpg

Can we set trees on fire ?!

It looks like there is a tank underneath that tree which is on fire wink_o.gif

There's indeed something there, but: if you watch other pictures with burning vehicles, you can see that the fire isn't as great aas on that pic, and that thing which is there is green, not black. Destroyed vehicles become black. Of course it might be a bug, but who knows? smile_o.gif

Edit: "The 64-group limit for soldiers has been abolished, now it's possible to have thousands of soldiers in the same mission at the same time. " - my favorite quote from that article. inlove.gif Not like my comp would handle that situation. biggrin_o.gif

In OFP the first soldier in your squad to fire his gun is usually dead first. Cause the enemy will open fire on whatever person fired on them first so that's why I like to let my squad mates fire a few rounds of before I do.  tounge2.gif

if I lead the squad I order hold fire and wait for the moment. everyone opening fire at the same time really catches the enemy squad with their pants down and everything's over in a few seconds tounge2.gif and with minimal losses

so true, ambushes are the way to go in OFP. especially getting your MG's to open up all of a sudden, can be devistating if you catch enemy squad in the open.