Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Guest Ti0n3r

Just tweak the config. You either remove the grass completely or make it visible 2KM's away from you. No big deal to me.

Just tweak the config. You either remove the grass completely or make it visible 2KM's away from you. No big deal to me.

Cheater ! *LoL*

I think, that's not modding.... crazy_o.gif

2 kilometres? Wouldn't that lag like crazy? crazy_o.gif

Maybe not for you but grass visable from 2 kilos would be a big deal to your computer tounge2.gif

I guess that when you set your view distance at 1km you will see grass everywhere but not further than 1km wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]According to my informations grass do disappear in about 300 ft

300ft * 30,48 cm = 9144 cm, that's about 90m. That's not really far...

Actually, I haven't seen one screenshot where the grass is visible that far, it's like 30-40m.

Quote[/b] ]

I guess that when you set your view distance at 1km you will see grass everywhere but not further than 1km

Dream on...

Quote[/b] ]

I hope you're right but I thought it was Linda who's responsible for the vegetation and there were no plans AFAIK to release Linda as a tool for modders.

(still I wonder how islandmakers can add vegetation to their islands...)

Do you people not read interviews? It has been said that a similar system to Joint Operations should be implemented, so when you hide in the grass you will be made less visible for players looking at you from a distance even though the grass isn't rendered at that distance. I guess you will be made partly invisible depending how long the grass is and if you are prone/crouched/standing.

Sweet, and with all the foliage moving, it'll be hard to see them. yay.gif

but disappering grass will be a problem in MP.

i assume grass will be disabled in MP, given that a 300ft diametre patch of grass moving across the terrain is pretty obvious to a human player observing.

Grass rendering will be a clientside thing. It's not like your client is going to render circle-patches of grass around every player in the game. It only appears around the set radius of your character.

It's good to hear that they plan to make other players less visible when hiding in the grass. I'm seriously started to suspect BIS of spying on me! Over the past few years I occasionally jot down notes of ideas for neat video game features that come to me, and it sure seems like they're stealing a lot of my ideas for ArmA!

Quote[/b] ]According to my informations grass do disappear in about 300 ft

300ft * 30,48 cm = 9144 cm, that's about 90m. That's not really far...

Actually, I haven't seen one screenshot where the grass is visible that far, it's like 30-40m.

Quote[/b] ]

I guess that when you set your view distance at 1km you will see grass everywhere but not further than 1km

Dream on...

Quote[/b] ]

I hope you're right but I thought it was Linda who's responsible for the vegetation and there were no plans AFAIK to release Linda as a tool for modders.

(still I wonder how islandmakers can add vegetation to their islands...)

I ment if you tweak the grass to 2km, but your vd is only 1km

Note the 4 major points on the pic at the top right.

1/ His hand is gripping the weapon properly without any collisions of the weapon and hand map.

2/ The bump mapping on the sandbags.

3/ the Jeep is resting nicely on the Road surface again without collisions

4/ note the goggles and other accessories available for the helmet.

customisable perhaps?

i assume grass will be disabled in MP, given that a 300ft diametre patch of grass moving across the terrain is pretty obvious to a human player observing.

dont you guys think lol tounge2.gifrofl.gif

Only the Player will have the Grass Around them... they wont be able to see Grass around the other players... Like BF2 only see the grass around you. So everyone playing gets the grass around them only on there screens to restrick there view a littlebit and to think they are conceled but it works both ways bacause the enemy will have that grass blocking there view also so its harder to see you maybe? biggrin_o.gif

Normal maps have always been on the sand bags,as for the soldier with goggles,I think those are moreso special forces type things. I'll post pics later when I'm at my home computer with my archive of piccychoors.

dont you guys think lol tounge2.gifrofl.gif

Only the Player will have the Grass Around them... they wont be able to see Grass around the other players... Like BF2 only see the grass around you. So everyone playing gets the grass around them only on there screens to restrick there view a littlebit and to think they are conceled but it works both ways bacause the enemy will have that grass blocking there view also so its harder to see you maybe? biggrin_o.gif

yeah, i'd started to think of that, but the idea of a 300ft blob of moving grass was a much funnier idea biggrin_o.gif

to bad that this kneeling sniper will be easy to spot from distance above 100 m crazy_o.gif

So, on Sahrani, the trees also growing from the water? Even from sal water biggrin_o.gif

http://www.arma-zone.pl/modules....pl1.jpg

To me that screenie looks like it was done on really low settings, so maybe part of the terrain was missing or something because of the LoD...

We can just hope biggrin_o.gif

nice screens, looks like we will get a good variety of civilian cars too. I just hope we get some civilian air and sea vehicles too. smile_o.gif

But if not i guess they could be converted from ofp too. biggrin_o.gif