Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

Wheres the other projects that the other teams were workin on? Like the Commanche and that.. I cant find that list that used to be underneth the current projects.

They have been removed as they are no longer our current projects.

Our projects at all, actually...

Wheres the other projects that the other teams were workin on? Like the Commanche and that.. I cant find that list that used to be underneth the current projects.

They have been removed as they are no longer our current projects.

Our projects at all, actually...

Thats what i meant...

Hows the island coming along? There was a link a while back to a movie. Can't seem to find it.

Look forward to the island!

Hoz

Hows the island coming along? There was a link a while back to a movie. Can't seem to find it.

Look forward to the island!

Hoz

Its been on hold for the last couple of weeks while the people working on it were finishing up JAM/MH-60's.

I'm looking forward to the island more than any other addon, I think. Don't get me wrong, the MH60 is gonna be really cool, I'm sure, but that island is just waiting for me to make some cool missions for it.

Wow! wow_o.gif

I hadn't seen that video before.Awesome work guys and awesome video Nagual smile_o.gif

What ever happened to the promise of a Civillian littlebird?

Quote[/b] ]Due to popular demand we plan to release a civilian version of the Littlebird. All the planks and military hardware will be stripped off the bird and it will come with a basic red texture. This addon will be mainly for people out there who wish to reskin a helo into a police version, private helo for a rich media magnate or.....whatever. Seats will not be placed in the back but the player will be able hang off the sides of the helo in the back. Will come with the basic OFP Pilot model. You will need to create your own civilian pilot for the helo.

What ever happened to the promise of a Civillian littlebird?
Quote[/b] ]Due to popular demand we plan to release a civilian version of the Littlebird. All the planks and military hardware will be stripped off the bird and it will come with a basic red texture. This addon will be mainly for people out there who wish to reskin a helo into a police version, private helo for a rich media magnate or.....whatever. Seats will not be placed in the back but the player will be able hang off the sides of the helo in the back. Will come with the basic OFP Pilot model. You will need to create your own civilian pilot for the helo.

I dont see how 'we plan to' is construed as a promise...

And not sure whats happening with the civilian LB, the military projects have more priority however so its probably been pushed to the back of the list or cancelled.

[Edit] Evis beat me to it... [/Edit]

what the stats on the Island anyways? what features will it have on it and any chance of some images? coz i no this will rock

[Edit] Evis beat me to it... [/Edit]

lol eheh

Continuing on the asking for things bit I would like to drop off a small thought I had about the desert pack the other day whilst playing a mission on CAT's Afghanistan island. The lack of civilian models. I mean the BIS models are top notch, but they do not suit the new enviroments that has been constructed by the community. So my little thought was this, why not include one or two civilian models in the desert pack? As a small bonus kind of. Since I imagine the missions that the desert pack will inspire some will take place in towns. Deserty towns on top of that. This was not intended like a "bitch" or a "whine" I just want to lay this idea on you to see what you think about it. No need to reply to it if you don't like the idea.

Also, how about handing the LB model over to a team or an individual who would like to do a civilian model of the LB?

civilian models for the Lost Island have been discussed at great length, and are planned. The precise number and look has yet to be decided.

nice idea (the civilians I mean). And someone should also update the african militia. These are great for OPFOR in desert/tropical missions (on your island, for example)

[edit] ebud beat me to it. Great news btw.[/edit]

Yes, BIBs militia troops should really be fixed. I've fixed them for my own use, but BIB should release an updated version. If he doesn't we "may" create a set of irregulars to make up for this, but I really don't want to duplicate the efforts as they are nice troops and don;t want to take anything away from Bibmi.

civilian models for Lost Island have been discussed at great length, and are planned. The precise number and look has yet to be decided.

So its gonna be called Lost Island?

@Dauragon

The island doesn't have any real name at the moment, it's working name is "Lost Island" but that will change as release gets closer...

civilian models for the Lost Island have been discussed at great length, and are planned. The precise number and look has yet to be decided.

finally... he presented his good idea in a mature way(I think its a great idea!) and BAS staff replied in a mature way that its already planned... now were gettin somewhere.

Thats what this thread is all about.. but now that discussion about blackhawks has been shut down.. heres question for Delta/Rangers.

[1. Before u flame me about their already done.. this is just another idea that doesnt ever have to be put into the rangers.. just an idea for the next version of rangers after this batch is cooked up]

1. Is it possible to setObjectTexture on weapons.. and like on your desert pack.. certain things marked on the vehicles.. you could have Tape in random places on the weapons... some weapons have magazines taped together.. others dont.

I understand that this would take alot of script and working into.. just a thought.. and the work done probably wont benefit the pleasure ingame but just i thought a "cool" idea.. if bas guys dont reply i would like to know what the other community thinks.

1. Is it possible to setObjectTexture on weapons..

no

Blackdog suggested SetObjectTexture on weapons in the Digital Grenade forums and looked stupid. So as a general rule, don't ask any questions Blackdog already has, as they are usually stupid questions.

For all those that say "There's no such thing a stupid question", well, that phrase was around before Blackdog.

What is it between you two lately? rock.gif

Ontopic: I hope what ever happened in RL wasn't too severe, was it? smile_o.gif Nothing that might cripple the mod, right? smile_o.gif