Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

ONTOPIC:

mh60ksoon2.jpg

For some reason the Nose still looks like the BIS BH..can´t help me, maybe the screenshot i can´t tell.

But then other group's thread are gonna get more bad behavior

No because if the bad behaviour of a minority forces an end to Bas threads then we will stamp down much harder on any bad behaviour in other group's threads.

Guest jacobaby
I'm am going to discuss with the team whether we request that the mods lock down ALL BAS related threads to prevent this kind of thing, you have only brought it on yourselves...

Watch this space for the Team decision.

If you want to do this we'll be happy to oblige, after repeatedly giving people warnings about their behaviour in Bas threads they're still not listening, in a way it's a backhanded compliment, you're victimes of your own success, but that doesn't get away from the negative impact (no fault of Bas' I hasten to add) that these threads have on the board.

Perhaps if the only Bas threads are ones announcing completed mods it will keep things calmer, and you guys will have less of your free time eaten up replying to silly questions in here smile_o.gif

It seems to be only in this forum there is the problem. Similar threads in other forums are not abused.

The OFP community is relatively small, so the problem is hard to understand. Neither do I understand the mentality of those who post off topic retorts and such.

I would be more comfortable with those who abuse the thread being isolated and prevented from posting, rather than shutting the whole thing down.

Believe it or not we do take on board a lot of comments and ideas from here, or they start us thinking in new directions.

BAS has developed into a major player in the OFP addon world, and it is nice to be in touch with those who will benefit from the addons.

Cutting the nose off to spite the face is not the way to go I dont think.

Thats my opinion, and NOT necessarily the teams opinion.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those who make helpful posts and who ask sensible questions, and I hope you get to see some of your suggestions in the addons we produce.

TJ

I think its a prob. cause your probably the most popular and most hated group.

They're the USA of mod groups rock.gif

They're the USA of mod groups  rock.gif

Yes, but the USA "released" their Blackhawks a long time ago!

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gif

*BAS we love you all. tounge_o.gif

Guest jacobaby

But why would we be hated?

Because we spend 12-18 hours a day thrashing out decent quality addons for free?

Because we go out of our way to help other mod teams?

Because we host at least two 24/7 public servers?

Seriously, if I thought the community had descended to depths of that I would never script another addon.

No, the problem with this thread being spammed is mostly due to the immaturity of the posters. They are too inexperienced to know when to shut up. Censoring their ability to post may help them learn some respect.

Hated! geeez.

Come on, hands up if you hate BAS!

sad_o.gif

Because we spend 12-18 hours a day thrashing out decent quality addons for free?

Seriously, if I thought the community had descended to depths of that I would never script another addon.

No, the problem with this thread being spammed is mostly due to the immaturity of the posters. They are too inexperienced to know when to shut up. Censoring their ability to post may help them learn some respect.

Hated! geeez.

sad_o.gif

Wow, sounds like America as Lee H. Oswald said HAHA. Especially the We go out of the way.... comment

Hated! geeez.

sad_o.gif

I know but people trash you for working hard and trying to save the community, people who can't make addons bitch and moan, if you want an example look at the CZ comments. YOU HOST 24/7 public servers???

Hated! geeez.

sad_o.gif

I definaley do not hate you, I deeply appriciate the time you spend on making addons for the community. Even if some are not so grateful as they could/should be. Not saying that you should be over thrown with praise, but you get the idea. In fact I respect everyone who put work in to a mission or an addon of some sort. Without them we wouldn't be here discussing this today. We would be playing with the BIS missions and BIS vehicles.

And I agree that those behaving badly on these threads should be prohibited to post on any topics regarding mod discussion. Not for life, but as with the overall forum PR's sometimes handed out.

Peace out - goob

to all bas members take no notice of thoes that "hate" waht ure doing.. there only jealous coz they cant do better or even match ure quality.. for that few that say they hate u dosent match to the many that love u

to all bas members take no notice of thoes that "hate" waht ure doing.. there only jealous coz they cant do better or even match ure quality.. for that few that say they hate u dosent match to the many that love u

I´m with you man!

Wow, sounds like America as Lee H. Oswald said HAHA. Especially the We go out of the way.... comment

I can't find anything funny about this.

Most BAS members are also working on projects with other MOD teams. So what's the point of your post?

I also have the impression that most of the ppl posting here and requesting things didn't ever try to make something similar on their own. Otherwise I really can't explain why ppl are asking (and even demanding) allready for the next addon before the actual one is even finished.

People typing a sentance in 10 seconds requesting crash models and more types of choppers and so on without even thinking that those small things take a hell lot of time to be done.

Those guys (and gal) are working day and night for free just to give you something to play with and that's not meant literally. All they ask for is a little respect and polite treatment and everyone can read in this thread what they get instead.

Being respectfull and polite to anyone should be normal and nothing someone has to ask for.

All this doesn't only apply to BAS but all the other MOD teams and individuals who are spending their time to make OFP more enjoyable for everyone.

Maybe BAS only gets this treatment because they show themselves, answer questions and try to explain even when they were asked the same stuff over and over again.

Most BAS members are also working on projects with other MOD teams. So what's the point of your post?

I also have the impression that most of the ppl posting here and requesting things didn't ever try to make something similar on their own. Otherwise I really can't explain why ppl are asking (and even demanding) allready for the next addon before the actual one is even finished.

People typing a sentance in 10 seconds requesting crash models and more types of choppers and so on without even thinking that those small things take a hell lot of time to be done.

Those guys (and gal) are working day and night for free just to give you something to play with and that's not meant literally. All they ask for is a little respect and polite treatment and everyone can read in this thread what they get instead.

Being respectfull and polite to anyone should be normal and nothing someone has to ask for.

All this doesn't only apply to BAS but all the other MOD teams and individuals who are spending their time to make OFP more enjoyable for everyone.

Maybe BAS only gets this treatment because they show themselves, answer questions and try to explain even when they were asked the same stuff over and over again.

Very well said.

Man, I thought my mother bitched alot...

*This is in no way refering to mod/addon makers...

Sweet_pup

I get so excited waiting for BAS addons! Dont hurry tho boys... I know it will be worth the wait!

Do you guys get this much greif on other forums? Hope not.

Thankx for all your hard work.

smile_o.gif

All-

I wasn't trying to pressure BAS anymore than they already are, but I'm not trying to put them on an alter either. They're people just like everyone else here. They have a truely amazing talent when it comes to making addons, this much is obvious. I, on the other hand, couldn't even start oxygen, let alone create amazing addons with it. And I'm not gonna try. Thats like the navy trying to compete with the Army  tounge_o.gif Sorry, I'm easily amused. Anyway, I was just trying to spark conversation and ideas with my two (long) previous posts. If I put an "Unfair" stress load on anyone, I apologize. I apologize that I wasn't more clear in my posts, and that it was mis-interpretated.

Previous Posts

Sweet_pup

very true

"everyone gets emotinal and cries"

tounge_o.gif

group hug biggrin_o.gif

this community is great

we just all have to remember ofp without bas

to really think of how lucky we are to have theyre addons

imagine ofp without the bas deltas and rangers?rock.gif??

now that thought really wants to make me cry

Speaking of delta's and ranger's, lets change the subject, how are your fantastic looking SEAL's coming along?

Guest jacobaby
Speaking of delta's and ranger's, lets change the subject, how are your fantastic looking SEAL's coming along?

very well.

We are in the process of beginning to look at some scripts for them, and so on.

TJ

Wheres the other projects that the other teams were workin on? Like the Commanche and that.. I cant find that list that used to be underneth the current projects.

Wheres the other projects that the other teams were workin on? Like the Commanche and that.. I cant find that list that used to be underneth the current projects.

They have been removed as they are no longer our current projects.