Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

I can't see why people whine about it so much,it is going to be a great addon,but it seems some peoples lives are going to drastically change when this is out. rock.gif

Djeez,go out,enjoy the summer,play some other games,check the addon and mods forum till the joyous day that you'll find BAS MH60 released,with numerous exclamation marks after it. smile_o.gif

But just stop with the whining on how they're unfair by not releasing it,if you're going on a trip,cancel it if it means this much to you,it's your choice.

Rest in the fact that you'll have numerous missions with the perfected BAS MH60 v1.1 by the time you get back. smile_o.gif

100% ACK Frisbee.

Good Addons take time and the more time the better it will be.

Just wait - there are other things then PCs or Flashpoint - so enjoy them.

BAS u got my support.. i wasnt to upset when i heard that it would be a couple of more days because.. i think my brain processed that it would only be a couple of more days! damn.. whats the wait for 2 or 3 days to fix things that.... lol i already know what wouldve happen if there would have been bugs if it was released yesterday.. people would have been whining "It still has bugs, what did it take all that time for?!?!" so let them get it as perfect as it can be... can only be a few more days now.. and then if it aint that close its closer to being released now than it ever was im happy...

Back on topic.. that was an interesting question about the differnces of sitting in the uh60 to the mh60.

And will the Delta/Rangers old weapons cause conflict with J.A.M ?

okay so let me get this straight

wen the bhs are released so will the d/r updates and seals also??

okay so let me get this straight

wen the bhs are released so will the d/r updates and seals also??

No, that is not the case.

The is still work to be done on the De/Ra updates, and the SEALs, but it shouldn't take as long for that to happen.

JAM will not cause a confilict with the current De/Ra weapons, as if the mission is made with the De/Ra weapons, thats what it will use, if the mission is made with the JAM weapons, thats what it will use. We have coded this very carefully to ensure that the minimum of errors and conflicts occur.

And regarding the seating arrangements, you'll have to wait and see on that one.

Man this thread is fucked.

Way too many people bitching when shit is gonna be released, and then way to much bitching back from BAS team sayin when its done or whatever. Theres no need for this kinda crap in the thread when BAS has been explaining about release dates from page 1.

I'm kinda mad, because I asked a real, on topic question, about a page ago, and no one answered to it or made a response to it at all. I really wouldnt care at all if this thread got shut down.

Man this thread is fucked.

Way too many people bitching when shit is gonna be released, and then way to much bitching back from BAS team sayin when its done or whatever. Theres no need for this kinda crap in the thread when BAS has been explaining about release dates from page 1.

I'm kinda mad, because I asked a real, on topic question, about a page ago, and no one answered to it or made a response to it at all. I really wouldnt care at all if this thread got shut down.

yeah

thats was a good question

maybe the bas staff didnt c it

i dont get all my questions answered all the time

remember its their choice to answer it or not

by tha way u dont have to wait long anyway till the helo is released then u can conduct ur own tests

Quote[/b] ]And regarding the seating arrangements, you'll have to wait and see on that one.

Ill be looking forward to seeing it

I'll just download them when they're out.

Edit- Removed my previous post. It was immature and unnecessary. I apologize to the moderators, and anyone I may have offended

Sweet_pup

Keep cool everybody.

Good things need their time to be finished.

We all want the bh to be bugfree and ready to make missions with it.

Just lean back do other stuff.

Like drinking a lot of beer cause of the heat over europe.

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gif

A other question ..very important for editors.

Will there be many different chopper versions in the editor..like 1 with desert soars, 1 woodland soars, 1 with desert soars with mask etc?

A other question ..very important for editors.

Will there be many different chopper versions in the editor..like 1 with desert soars, 1 woodland soars, 1 with desert soars with mask etc?

allready been answered, if you read back a bit...

Quote[/b] ]SWEET_PUP
Quote[/b] ]Operation Flashpoint Board Rules

Please respect the following rules when you post on this board. Breaking of any of these rules may result in an instant and permanent ban!

1. Rules of Conduct

The Rules of Conduct regulate the interaction between forum members. They are in place to ensure that board remains a civilized place where people can communicate freely without being harassed and abused.

§1)No Flaming

Abusive comments, personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the board or through PM's.

§2)No bigotry

Racists, sexists, homophobes or any other type of bigots are not welcome to these forums.

§3)Follow the instructions of the moderators

You can see the rest of the rules HERE.

Guys give BAS some more time, have they ever disappointed you? I vote against closing this thread, everyone who has said close it are just spiteful bastards.

if some guys dont get it, that the blackhawks depend on two other addons, i´m sorry for them...

i mean, come on fellas! JAM is some cool thing, isnt it? just imagine: new sounds for each ammo class, new ballistics for ALL ammo types and all this in an colaborated work between 2 addonteams!!!

what do you think?

BAS and earl&suchey enterprises works all day and night long in their superclimated megatower complex and all are connected to a intravenous coffeine apparature rock.gif

it´s freaking hot outside, so don´t you guys think their girlfriends drag addonmakers to the lake or swimming bath aswell as us?

jeeeez, everybody chill down! go out and enjoy the hot hot heat wink_o.gif

grab your friends and have a bbq at a lake, or whatever...

but please stop waiting the whole weekend for this addon, using your personal delay time to complain about them and their policy!!!

whats gonna be, if the addon will come out (-lets say) tuesday or even wednesday?

i personally would laught at myself, having waited inside my appartment, clicking "F5" on the BAS site, every 10seconds.

think about it...

cheers,

go out and create something.

Guest jacobaby
back on topic!

I wanted to know what the armor is gonna be like on the new helos........i.e. how well can it stand up against machine gun fire, whether it be tanks's guns or damage from infantry gunners

I did a little test with both kiowa warriors and littlebirds

The littlebird, unsupporeted against a mech. inf. squad doesn't last a minute before being shot down from the BMP and the 2 PK gunners.

The kiowa warrior didnt even get targeted rock.gif

As realistic as possible, as balanced as necessary.

The MH60 in Real life has self sealing fuel tanks to 7.62mm, the rotors are all very durable, and the transmission can run completely dry for half an hour.

This is one reason I didnt add the tail rotor spinout script I have used before, because it doesnt make for a realistic scenario.

One of the MH60's in Somalia took a direct hit to the rotors, but it was still able to limp home, though spewing oil the whole way.

Its actually quite a hard thing to balance a helo against the AI, as the enemy machine gunners lock on to it unrelentingly, and even on low skill they are very accurate, much more so than in real life.

In the end the amount of armour etc is always a compromise, I hope you are satisfied with the compromise we settled on, based on our knowledge, research and understanding of gameplay.

As for the moans, in common english at least, a "couple" can

mean a "few", not just TWO days, although we have no need to try and justify our release schedule, it will be released as and when we are happy with it. In the 10 months or so it has taken to complete this project, a few days is neither here nor there.

TJ

Guys give BAS some more time, have they ever disappointed you? I vote against closing this thread, everyone who has said close it are just spiteful bastards.

BAS never dissappointed me, quite the opposite. I don't care when they release their stuff. Although I want it of course. But I know all involved in these three projects are working their butts of to get it to us as soon as possible. Give e'm some slack eh fella's.

OT: Please do not close the thread, we "need" this thread smile_o.gif

Got a question about the new MH-60s and the H-6 Little Birds-

Will the attack variants (AH-6J and MH-60K) have FLIR (Forward Looking Infra Red) screens in the cockpit. This has to do with the small bulb on the "chin" of both helos...

MH-60L

AH-6J

You can see it in the first pic, just to the right of the rear wheel. On the AH-6, it is located just below the landing light. It shows a infra-red picture of whatever the lens in aimed at. Video of these in action can be seen in "Black Hawk Down" and in the widly circulated "Rescue of Pvt. Lynch" videos.

I'm not sure where these screens are located in the helos (I think along the center piece just above the collective in MH-60s) But this would be a damn cool feature.

I'm no mod maker/ addon maker. So I don't know if this is even possible...

FLIR image of scud (Gulf War- MH-60K DAP)

But it would kick a great deal of ass  biggrin_o.gif

just thought of two things-

First- These are also on MH-47s MH-47E- Maximun performance take off

Second- Could this be put into a helo as a sight? Like how you hit "num pad 0/Ins" for rifle sights? Similar to what the DKM mod did with the RAH-66 Commanche. I'm just not sure if you could get it to come up black & white (Infra-red) like that.

Sweet_pup

Got a question about the new MH-60s and the H-6 Little Birds-

Will the attack variants (AH-6J and MH-60K) have FLIR (Forward Looking Infra Red) screens in the cockpit. This has to do with the small bulb on the "chin" of both helos...

MH-60L

AH-6J

You can see it in the first pic, just to the right of the rear wheel. On the AH-6, it is located just below the landing light. It shows a infra-red picture of whatever the lens in aimed at. Video of these in action can be seen in "Black Hawk Down" and in the widly circulated "Rescue of Pvt. Lynch" videos.

I'm not sure where these screens are located in the helos (I think along the center piece just above the collective in MH-60s) But this would be a damn cool feature.

I'm no mod maker/ addon maker. So I don't know if this is even possible...

FLIR image of scud (Gulf War- MH-60K DAP)

But it would kick a great deal of ass  biggrin_o.gif

just thought of two things-

First- These are also on MH-47s MH-47E- Maximun performance take off

Second- Could this be put into a helo as a sight? Like how you hit "num pad 0/Ins" for rifle sights? Similar to what the DKM mod did with the RAH-66 Commanche. I'm just not sure if you could get it to come up black & white (Infra-red) like that.

Sweet_pup

The FLIR "bulb" is in place. And I guess it could be possible with a filter that made the gunner optic more grey-ish. But I don't think it would be possible for the pilot to view this with any efficiency since that would take his eyes off of the flying. But for missions were you are the gunner this "filter" would be a nice effect. It wouldn't look like a IR-Image though, but close enough I think smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The FLIR "bulb" is in place. And I guess it could be possible with a filter that made the gunner optic more grey-ish. But I don't think it would be possible for the pilot to view this with any efficiency since that would take his eyes off of the flying. But for missions were you are the gunner this "filter" would be a nice effect. It wouldn't look like a IR-Image though, but close enough I think.

Yea, I've seen the "Bulbs" as well as the Terrain navigation radar (at least I think that's what it is) or "the beak" on the MH-60s. I've never seen real Infra-red images, except for the posted ones (Pic, BHD reference, and Lynch rescue), and the pic was from the early '90s. So I don't really know what that looks like. And with the advances in technology it has changed by now anyway.

another set of questions/ suggestions for BAS.

This is about the H-6 Little Birds-

1. Will the H-6 have the new six bladed main rotor system, and a canted four bladed tail rotor. (These are the changes to be made for the MELB "Mission Enhanced Little Bird")

2. Will there be a "training version". Once a pilot is accepted into the 160th, their initial navigation and NVG work is done in H-6 Little Birds (Cheaper to fuel, not as many crew members, etc.)

3. Can we expect more weapons? (The AH-6J can be armed with two seven-tube 2.75 inch rocket launchers and two 7.62mm M134 "miniguns". The "Little Bird" can also be armed with .50 Cal. machine guns, MK19 40mm grenade machine gun, Hellfire missiles, and Air-to-Air Stinger (ATAS) missiles.)

4. Crash models... please  smile_o.gif

5. And one more thing, this isn't about the H-6 Little Birds, but about the TH-67 Kiowa "trainers". I love the training model, it rocks the mothafuckin house. But, the army has updated their versions with a new Paint Job. (You'll see it about 3/4 through) Looks like it is olive drab. With bright orange just above the cockpit in front of the rotors, on the bottom half of the rear doors, and on the stabilator on the back.

BAS- just suggestions, please don't hate me.

Cool website with scale model H-6 Little Birds

H-6 Little Bird Info

Sweet_pup

Guest jacobaby

FLIR.

No.

I am not certain about the gunner in the DAP, (although I know that with fixed guns they use IR pointers for targeting), but the door gunners view is not a screen, so what would be the point in doing that? The BIS "V80" attack helicopter uses such a system with a different gunners view, but in practice its not easy to use.

In the long list of "maybe" addons that possibly may get made one day, there is something which may use something like you suggest, but thats as much as I can say, as nothing is definite.

Also, the features that made it into the Mh60 are in the main as useful as possible, meaning that hopefully they will add something to the game. The things, (like suspension for eg) that were left out, were not viewed as a gameplay priority.

Right up until today though we have been tweaking and tuning. Few more bugs resolved, few less for you to worry about.

No more questions or suggestions for the MH60 until after release please. (we are bracing ourselves for all the stuff such as below that we get in the mail after a release).

Quote[/b] ]

Hey BAS, the MH60 doesnt work in 1.46

Where do I put the addons?

I found a bug, only one gun works.

I cant get a motorbike in it.

It's rubbish because theres no XX version.

Its black.

The countermeasures dont work when I fire 40 missiles at it.

I cant pick up tanks with it like the blackhawks in Soldner.

You should have used vektorbosons/DKM/assorted other rotorwash.

The rotorwash is not enough.

The rotorwash is too much.

I wanted ZIIIIIIIP sounds for fast roping.

The readme is too long.

Why hasnt it got suspension?

The actions dont work.

It's not as good as XXX addon.

It would be better if you XXXXX

My ex girlfriend has a niece whose friend's dad knew somebody who went in a blackhawk, and he said they didnt look like that.

The effects dont work in multiplayer.

I cant do what it says I cant do in the readme.

You didnt fix the game engine issues.

Its ok but I really wanted a AH64. make that next.

I'm 14 and I know everything about everything and im gonna be in the army and i can tell you for a fact that you screwed up.

Assorted other crap that fills the mailbox, mainly from people who couldn't be bothered to read the readme......or who just lack common decency/manners.

*TJ pours himself several stiff drinks in preparation....

TJ

Thats good news, about the bugs..With all the bugs squished, i think it will be an allmost perfect chopper guys!

I'm am going to discuss with the team whether we request that the mods lock down ALL BAS related threads to prevent this kind of thing, you have only brought it on yourselves...

Watch this space for the Team decision.

If you want to do this we'll be happy to oblige, after repeatedly giving people warnings about their behaviour in Bas threads they're still not listening, in a way it's a backhanded compliment, you're victimes of your own success, but that doesn't get away from the negative impact (no fault of Bas' I hasten to add) that these threads have on the board.

Perhaps if the only Bas threads are ones announcing completed mods it will keep things calmer, and you guys will have less of your free time eaten up replying to silly questions in here smile_o.gif