Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

Landwarrior, relax, I do not think Cloney meant any offense to you, rather he was just joking around with Blackdog. smile_o.gif

Back on topic...

I remember seeing some pictures a while back in an interview of a partially completed RSOV, just wondering what its status is, has it been put on hold?

And as Willem Dafoe said in Boondock Saints

"We'll start the ass kissing with you!"

*points at the whiners, detractors and naysayers of BAS*

I really wish there was a way to selectively choose people who could use an addon....there are a few people I'd add to the Addon Ban List if this was possible.

*Tiger goes off to play with H-60s and dreams of a day when people will ease off a little and remember it's all about fun*

And as Willem Dafoe said in Boondock Saints

"We'll start the ass kissing with you!"

*points at the whiners, detractors and naysayers of BAS*

I really wish there was a way to selectively choose people who could use an addon....there are a few people I'd add to the Addon Ban List if this was possible.

*Tiger goes off to play with H-60s and dreams of a day when people will ease off a little and remember it's all about fun*

wtf, tigershark's been eating too much Wasabi lately

Well we have a civilian and a resistance littlebird now.

3.jpg

Head over to OFP.at to get it!

(At the mods, I realize this is a BAS thread, but since this was discussed I thought I'd being the news here aswell)

Well we have a civilian and a resistance littlebird now.

3.jpg

Head over to OFP.at to get it!

(At the mods, I realize this is a BAS thread, but since this was discussed I thought I'd being the news here aswell)

/me shoots down 3 with DAP Blackhawk. Then mows down the parachuting civilian pilots with a minigun. Damn these blackhawks rule. I love BAS.

The blackhawks are done, but some of us at bas get no rest:

jungle2.jpg

While ive been saying the isle is nearly done for a long time, this time i think it is close. R/L is making it much harder to keep working on it, so one way or another it will be finished quite soon.

I measured it a bit recently, 17km wide x 12km high, so plenty of nice space for missions and helo flying.

wow_o.gif that looks awsome!

Quote[/b] ]I measured it a bit recently, 17km wide x 12km high, so plenty of nice space for missions and helo flying.

how big is novago?

wow_o.gif that looks awsome!
Quote[/b] ]I measured it a bit recently, 17km wide x 12km high, so plenty of nice space for missions and helo flying.

how big is novago?

Erm, must be about 11x11 or so, the whole map screen you see when in the mission editor is 12.8x12.8.

Hey! Looking good. Just need some mosquito sounds wink_o.gif

nagual;

what will the rig requirements be for your island???

I just hope it won't be as demanding as (for example) Meekong. (which had every single tree as a single object)

It wont be too bad resources wise, but a better pc will like it alot more.

Ingame the worst part is off course the jungle, but i balance that with upping the fog for missions (look much better that way). The jungle was never intended to be played with high view distance, and there are ways to make it smooth on the mission makers side. Aside from that its pretty normal ingame, but the more powerful pc the better. I only run a 1ghz celeron so at least it will be playable for that.

i haven really seen meekong, so cant say, but the bas one is not all single trees.

The mission editor map can be a bit sluggish compared to less detailed bis islands, but nothing near as bad as a-lone-wolfs large island test.

ah, good to hear, Nagual. My rig is faster than yours, so I guess I shouldn't have a problem. And you're right; using fog is a nice way to cover it and it looks great.

I just saw "the thin red line" again (love that movie). I haven't seen the videos of your island (56k'er) but is the terrain and jungle a bit like in that movie (situated on Guadalcanal)??

Could you post a daylight picture so we can see what the island is like?

nagual;

Never mind about posting a daylight picture. I already found one; Looking very good;

http://www.ballistic-studios.com/nagual...._04.jpg

Btw (just to make sure); I hope you did planted some trees around the forests, to mask the "square" looks of a forest (like BIS did also). Again; just to make sure. It looks awesome.

And is this what I think it is?;

http://www.ballistic-studios.com/nagual....s_3.jpg

A picture of the new rangers? He appears to be wearing a chest rig.

Yes, thank you Evis. I do know what the rangers wear in RL, though. But for the rest of the forum people it's nice info smile_o.gif

I see at least half a dozen places to put the MH-60s down in that first pic. Let alone fast roping troops into the jungles.

Damn BAS, you are the greatest. Think of the possabilities everyone. Multi-branch missions involving the best of the best in the spec ops community. Rangers pull a morning assault on an airfield at the same time as delta raids a prison yard or enemy camp. SEALs snatch two militia leaders before they can react to the other attacks. Ofcourse, all of this is done using a combination of H-6, H-60, and H-47 160th helos, while dodging AAA fire from the vehicals and soldiers of upcoming JAM and OPFOR packs. To top it all off, the rangers need to rescue the crew of a MH-47 that was shot down in the jungles infested with guerilla forces and drug runners... need a bucket for all this drool. crazy_o.gif

Keep it up BAS, you rock...

Sweet_pup

Quote[/b] ]need a bucket for all this drool
You don't need a bucket, you need a very good mission designer. And a new rig if you want to play that mission with all those addons in it.

Heh i need to update that gallery, they are all pretty old pics. The terrain is pretty much a mix of desert, savanna and jungle, with each AO made with seals, deltas, rangers and helos in mind. And a few places where a ladder extraction in a blackhawks is the only way to fly out ;)

Bases..are pretty much run down jungle bases and well positioned local army bases.

I havent seen thin red line, but might soon, have been watching a few movies for ideas. Tears of the Sun has only just made it to australian cinemas, opening in a day or so, so thats on the list ;)

Tears of the Sun has some good atmospherics, but that's about it. crazy_o.gif If you could make a village like the one in that movie, though, I'd be pretty happy. A lot of people in Africa (or the Pacific islands, which you've mentioned as being a bit of an inspiration as well) still live in huts with dirt floors.

Also, I don't know if this is doable, but one thing I always notice in the Third World countries I've been in is neon. Nearly every shop or goods shack seemed to have a neon sign. I don't suppose the Flashpoint engine would allow that? Also, what about miscellaneous debris along the road? In the Middle East, you could see lots of junk along the roads, from old tires to abandoned Mercedes sedans, dead camels to wreckage resulting from highways with no enforced speed limit... might add some neat atmosphere if there were a burned out/wrecked car or bus here and there. smile_o.gif

Tears of the Sun has some good atmospherics, but that's about it.  crazy_o.gif If you could make a village like the one in that movie, though, I'd be pretty happy. A lot of people in Africa (or the Pacific islands, which you've mentioned as being a bit of an inspiration as well) still live in huts with dirt floors.

Also, I don't know if this is doable, but one thing I always notice in the Third World countries I've been in is neon. Nearly every shop or goods shack seemed to have a neon sign. I don't suppose the Flashpoint engine would allow that? Also, what about miscellaneous debris along the road? In the Middle East, you could see lots of junk along the roads, from old tires to abandoned Mercedes sedans, dead camels to wreckage resulting from highways with no enforced speed limit... might add some neat atmosphere if there were a burned out/wrecked car or bus here and there. smile_o.gif

lol you want them to model dead camels?

But its a nice idea, also for the desert.

Tell me 1 action movie that playes in the desert without a animal skeleton lying there.

Tell me 1 action movie that playes in the desert without a animal skeleton lying there.

Black Hawk Down smile_o.giftounge_o.gif