Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

Maybe one day wink_o.gif

Re. The site, it should be back up soon, the DNS registration is being transfered between hosts atm, and you know what they're like...

That's good news. On both counts.

I have some other questions, though... mostly because I've recently been on a real BAS kick (I finally got around to finishing Insurgency last weekend. I've been meaning to do that for months.)

Before I ask them, though, I want to clarify that I'm not demanding a release date or anything like that -- I've been modding OFP for very close the three years now, and while I've only released one thing publically (and certainly nothing of BAS quality,) I'm fully cognizant of the realities of modding and why things take so long.

In other words, don't take this as me saying, "HAY BAS WHAT IS TAKING U SO LONG R U GUYS DED U SUCK MY FREND MADE MH-6S IN 2 DAYS & THEY HAD FAST ROPE SCRIPTS AND THEY COULD DO LOOPS AND TURN INTO MECHS!!!" tounge_o.gif

I'm just a BAS fan that's curious about the status of the things that he's looking forward to.

Anyway...

1: Is the second part of the Insurgency campaign still a go? Can we expect it sometime in the near future? I really enjoyed the first part. It was hard as hell, and after the farm mission (which was a fitting climax, BTW) I was dissapointed to see it end.

2: Is an update of Tonal still planned as mentioned in the readme? I realize what a massive undertaking this is, and I ask this really only because I ran into a whole bunch of those invisible walls in the Zinaba mission. Those "walls" are the only flaws with Tonal IMO.

3: Has the status of the woodland/desert packs changed at all in light of the recent release of Rudedog's Bradlies and the Mcar beta and the upcoming releases of the woodland HMMWVs and the Combat Mod M113s?

4: You guys mentioned that you were using Suchey & Earl's weapons as a base for your updated ones in Delta/Ranger 2.0 (which, BTW, I think is very cool of you to do - it's a wheel that doesn't need to be reinvented at this point, and you guys seem to have no problem accepting that.) I assume that means that the M4s will get full overhauls, but will the M14, M24, MP5, etc., also get an overhaul?

3: Has the status of the woodland/desert packs changed at all in light of the recent release of Rudedog's Bradlies and the Mcar beta and the upcoming releases of the woodland HMMWVs and the Combat Mod M113s?

The one question i was JUST about to ask  biggrin_o.gif

(I desperately need that pack! sad_o.gif)

question: does bas working on new addons? (mh-6?)

Personally, I've always thought that the size of earl and sucheys weapons were small in comparison to BAS weapons. Tiny. But I'm sure BAS won't release anything of low quality. One thing they could also learn from suchey and earl during the co operation is how to nail the kneepad textures. Suchey and Earl have perfect kneepad textures on their units and the BAS ones kinda aren't sized right, they're more oblong, so overall this may be like dang look at these units. I may be impressed. We all might be impressed. I'd really be impressed if they threw in a combat photographer or a combat camera man. My pal Gigan has created a camera by the way. http://ofpac.hp.infoseek.co.jp/addon/addon.html

Quote[/b] ]Personally, I've always thought that the size of earl and sucheys weapons were small in comparison to BAS weapons. Tiny.

No, they're simply scaled properly. Weapons have been improperly scaled for a long time, Post-MarineAssaultPack release, addon-makers are starting to rescale existing weapons and make new ones in scales similar to those in the M.A.P.

Quote[/b] ]You guys mentioned that you were using Suchey & Earl's weapons as a base for your updated ones in Delta/Ranger 2.0 (which, BTW, I think is very cool of you to do - it's a wheel that doesn't need to be reinvented at this point, and you guys seem to have no problem accepting that.) I assume that means that the M4s will get full overhauls, but will the M14, M24, MP5, etc., also get an overhaul?

To add to this:

Can we expect any new handguns?

Could someone please point me to a location where I could download BAS_OPFOR? The missions included with Tonal require it...

I have the Russian Opfor pack that BAS created but it doesn't seem to recognise it as the correct file... Thanks in advance guys.

BAS_OPFOR comes with the Tonal/Tango pack. If you have Tonal, you should have it.

Well if the guys over at BAS need help with the Desert vehicle pack, I can offer some seeing how long I got the wrack my skul against the desk working on other vehicle packs inclusinf the Bradleys from CBT..

And them helping me on some of the crap I made like BRDMs and the old humvee pack the least I could do for them.. Maybe toss a number of addons into it that I'll never release they can put to better use.

this has prolly already been asked and answered a thousand times but i dont feel like going through some 126 pages looking for it, capiche? tounge_o.gif but....what ever happened to the SEALs projekt? still going, and it seems to me that the BAS site is down sad_o.gif just wondering....... smile_o.gif

I keep getting an error message saying ===>

cannot load mission, missing addon BAS_Repairh.pbo

The mission does still play though! Is this just a typo from another.pbo or is it a genuine .pbo that I'm missing?

Cheers biggrin_o.gif

this has prolly already been asked and answered a thousand times but i dont feel like going through some 126 pages looking for it, capiche? tounge_o.gif but....what ever happened to the SEALs projekt? still going, and it seems to me that the BAS site is down sad_o.gif just wondering....... smile_o.gif

BAS is DOA dude

It's dead. It's DEAD. Lock it!

Dead wouldnt be the word lets say Coma as they will make a comeback in OFP2 smile_o.gif

They say it's dead, it's dead. Dead. Lock. Dead team. Lock the topic.

They say it's dead, it's dead. Dead. Lock. Dead team. Lock the topic.

I dont think you can decide wether to lock this topic or not rock.gif