Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

Has BAS answered my prayers and given the Delta Force proper sidearms? Been crossing my fingers to get a .45 to go with the BAS pack smile_o.gif

A .45 as in a colt 1911 or as in a Mk.23 SOCOM? I am asking this since I have no idea as to what sidearm the Deltas use. But if it is a 1911 it should be no problem to acquire one to use with the BAS Deltas.

If the Deltas do use 1911's it would be nice to see BAS using Jackal362's (numbers correct?) Colt 1911 with their deltas.

I was referring to the 1911, though I have heard Delta uses the Mk23 in limited numbers aswell. There are a couple 1911 addons out there, it would just be nice to have it in the BAS pack, so users wouldn't have to download more addons.

They look fantastic BAS, keep it up!

Along the lines of what Cpt FrostBite was saying, when making the update you may also want to get rid of the Trijicon Reflex optics, that isn't used by any SOF units anymore. It's said to have fogging problems and the reticle washes out in bright lights.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining, the weapons models are excellent, no doubt at all.

Answers: (this will also be posted on the site shortly)

Right, the weapons. As it stands they are simply "reskins" and added bits (such as the EoTech) Other than that we have NOT touched the models in any way shape or form.

This version of the De/Ra *SHOULD* have been with you a long time ago, but for a few personal reasons (as well as having no time to develop them, or site/ftp to aid development they have stood idle.

What we have decided to do is release them as an "interim" update, which provides you with all-new textures,  few model tweaks, and total re-mapping of the Soldier models.

The new desert textures on the weapons are an "artwork" tester for the next pack.

As I've allready outlined in my interview at Got Flashpoint this De/Ra update is for three reasons:

1) To JAM the De/Ra in preparation for the new version.

2) To release Ebuds EXCELLENT "new" textures and mapping.

3) To add a few weapons which were missing in the original release (like M1911's and new M4/optic combinations: namely EoTech and Aimpoint)

Once this version of the pack is out, more news on the "final" De/Ra update will be posted.

Edit: The Desert Rangers no longer have desert weapons, as we have been informed by our advisors that Rangers "elite" as they may be are not allowed to customise their own weapons. So that was an inaccuracy bug in 1.00 wink_o.gif

Let me be frank here. Hi I'm Frank....just kidding.

Errh, well... Not bad, not bad, I'll remember that.

Let me be honest....we at BAS are well aware that our weapons models are no longer the best around. At the time when the De/Ra were first released they were in a class of their own however, with the release of Earl and Sucheys weapons that came with their Marines (i don't even want to talk about Counterstrike imported weapons) they have set the new std. in weapons and we are aware ours look pretty crappy next to theirs.

Having said that....yes..we plan on upgrading all weapons for our units either with modified Earl and Suchey weapons or ones of equivalent quality.

I would be happy with just models with the new textures you guys are showing now, and make them JAM.

There have been improvements to the weapons in the De/Ra pack including the addition of some new types and in texture improvements to the Desert camo weapons. However, the models have not been touched in this release.

Now that I quoted all this separately I know that you are about the weapons, I was thinking about the units, if any changes have been made to the models, or if new models have been implemented to make a new variation, like jungle deltas with different head gear and so on.

I supose no, that would be a major adition to it, and we would have heard about it allready.

I allready said that two pages back, but I'll repite it again, biggrin_o.gif  Jungle deltas would go great with Tonal. biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

3) To add a few weapons which were missing in the original release (like M1911's and new M4/optic combinations: namely EoTech and Aimpoint)

Great to hear!!!!

Right, the weapons. As it stands they are simply "reskins" and added bits (such as the EoTech) Other than that we have NOT touched the models in any way shape or form.

This version of the De/Ra *SHOULD* have been with you a long time ago, but for a few personal reasons (as well as having no time to develop them, or site/ftp to aid development they have stood idle.

What we have decided to do is release them as an "interim" update, which provides you with all-new textures,  few model tweaks, and total re-mapping of the Soldier models.

The new desert textures on the weapons are an "artwork" tester for the next pack.

As I've allready outlined in my interview at Got Flashpoint this De/Ra update is for three reasons:

Once this version of the pack is out, more news on the "final" De/Ra update will be posted.

Edit: The Desert Rangers no longer have desert weapons, as we have been informed by our advisors that Rangers "elite" as they may be are not allowed to customise their own weapons. So that was an inaccuracy bug in 1.00 wink_o.gif

wow_o.gif great reply. All my questions anwsered in one post!!

I should be asking questions right now, but I thing your post says it all.

The new dealta / ranger pack looks really promissing, hope we can grab them as soon as possible. But i have a small criticism about the new desert sheme of the guns. Maybe its just me but I think it looks a little bit too shine, doesn't it ?!

please dont get sad again about my post biggrin_o.gif

i have a question, are here in this very big thread any screens of the new little birds? i looked at the last 15 sites and found nothing.

can anyone help me?

So...are the Rangers coming out today or will they simply be ready to go for a realese later this weekend?

i dont think you guys read my previous post correctly as i said everything as a future reference... but anyway ill let it go. I hope they get released today 2. New weapon textures look great. Love the RACK, No woodland Delta Pics?

No woodland Delta Pics?

Theres gotta be something that you havent seen before d/l'ing tounge_o.gif

Its called the "suprise factor" wink_o.gif

@Cpt. FrostBite

On-topic:

What's the story on your m4's. Will you be using earls models as a base model or do you have your own model?

Arch.

Let me be frank here. Hi I'm Frank....just kidding

Let me be honest....we at BAS are well aware that our weapons models are no longer the best around. At the time when the De/Ra were first released they were in a class of their own however, with the release of Earl and Sucheys weapons that came with their Marines (i don't even want to talk about Counterstrike imported weapons) they have set the new std. in weapons and we are aware ours look pretty crappy next to theirs.

Having said that....yes..we plan on upgrading all weapons for our units either with modified Earl and Suchey weapons or ones of equivalent quality.

There have been improvements to the weapons in the De/Ra pack including the addition of some new types and in texture improvements to the Desert camo weapons. However, the models have not been touched in this release.

Sorry if this dissapoints...but for the time being we just couldn't afford the time to modify Earls weapons with all the required bits and pieces needed for Special Operations weapons. (ACOGs, EOTechs, PEQ Units, etc.)

It will happen...just not in this release....but then again. This is reason we have a separate BAS_Weap file. When we do get around to it...should be a painless replacement of this file.

LOVE the pictures on your site.

Although I'm a bit suprised to see a M249 with silencer. Won't this cause problems with the high ROF (in RL)??

Don't think too low of your own weapons. With the new textures they look awesome. The desert textures are realy high quality. But I'm a bit suprised you didn't rescale the weapons to a more accurate size. That shouldn't have been that hard. The SR-25 looks VERY good.

The new models look awesome too. And you said this was only an interim update?? Great job. The 'bulkiness' of the RACK seems to be present and the delta's look great. This stuff is great.

as for the M249, they seems to be a Mk46 (or its big brother Mk46rock.gif)

mk46_5.jpg

which could attech KACs' silencer on it, seems ROF is not a problem

I hope for the SEALs, you guys put in the 10" Barrel M4A1's that they use.

Was watching the De/Ra new screens yesterday. And I have to say they look amazing. I watched BHD for comparison, they are almost identical to real-life ones biggrin_o.gif

Are the Rangers still being tested or?....

As we've said thousands and thousands of times before:

When they're done, they are <span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>DONE</span>.

Ok?

We're not holding anything back on purpose, and we're not machines capable of working all hours of the day...

Sorry if I'm coming over as shitty in this post, but I've had ~4 hours sleep because of finalising the De/Ra.

pah rock.gif

you know what really sucks? having slept for 8 hours after drinking and still beeing drunken!

so stop whining!

tounge_o.gif

HA that is nothing Pang, try drinking til 5am, sleeping til 6am, then going to run a Marine PFT at 7am!!!

To stay on topic, damn those Rangers and CAG boys look good.

George

can someone advise me on a problem with a mission I am having using Tonal, at the bridge at Map ref Bi31 (near the 2 runways) I can cross the bridge fine but the rest of my AI squad cant any ideas on fixing it?

thanks

wow

so could we expect a different covert delta model for the final version

a more black ops feeling

and the side arms

were the engagement distance changed coz it seems that they using thyre primary weapons a lot more which is very cool

love the update

TS & BAS

It's all good, as you said no point rushing out addons that have bugs. We can all wait another week.

However... any chance of a sneak peek at the 'special feature'  wink_o.gif

Yes...we will probably release a downloadable video next week demonstrating the new feature(s).

looking forward to it. Hope you release this vid soon. The littlebird is a realy promising addon and it's one of the best chopper addons ever released for ofp. It's just big fun playing it and it's a unique chopper.

The Littlebirds are going to be a pleasant surprise for the community.  They have been given a small facelift with external textures thanks to Ebud and they have had all the bells and whistles scripts added to them (but no rapelling or fast roping) and have a few new features to the SOARS.  Plus there is one other BIG surprise that I hope will get the community as excited as we were about them.  I can't say much - don't want to spoil the surprise - but let's just say it's a function of the Littlebirds that no-one has explored yet.
Does this mean we get new SOAR's because of those new features? Or did you mean the pilots (no matter who they are) of the littlebirds will have some new features?