Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

No worries! While I'm as impatient as everyone else waiting for the D/R and LB packs, there's no sense in prematurely releasing something you consider not ready. Better we get the usual BAS quality without the need for fixes, than having to download everything again in a few days and in addition keeping you from working on other stuff because of nescessary fixes.

Take your time. It's better for everyone.

sorry for that!

are you sure that you get it in the next week? i dont believe that!

another question. is the bas week still online??? yesterday nothing, today i cant see anything... whats going on to the delta and ranger update? are they coming? or not?

sorry for that!

another question. is the bas week still online??? yesterday nothing, today i cant see anything... whats going on to the delta and ranger update? are they coming? or not?

Jesus...please read 3 posts up.

What does it take to get people TO READ what is posted. We do our best to deciminate information and still people ask about Seals, Land Rovers, MH-53s.....

*bangs head on keyboard*

Go for it BAS!! Smash those kids with a stamp of quality and give those bitchy kiddys a nice cup of "STFU" biggrin_o.gif

GO BAS!!

*faints*

Lookin forward to that video. Thinkin of the speacial Feature(s) is killing me. I waste some school time looking up Littlebirds on the net to see wat they can do but the school internet person gets mad (Damn Mr Nathens.)

sorry for that!

Jesus...please read 3 posts up.

What does it take to get people TO READ what is posted. We do our best to deciminate information and still people ask about Seals, Land Rovers, MH-53s.....

*bangs head on keyboard*

Please don't bang your head against the keyboard!! There are much better things you could do. *Bangs Mr.Beans head against keyboard*

I'm sure you did all you could do te release the stuff, although I must admit that BAS-week ends with a bit of a anti-climax now. But as you said; you all do this for free in your spare time. I'm thankfull for what you release and I look forward to the littlebird release next week.

Although I was a bit disappointed that no pictures were released as said by Deadmeat. I did look forward to that.

*stops banging mr.beans head against keyboard*

Let's all say a last farewell to our beloved mr.bean smily932.gif

nice answer! mad_o.gif

yeah

sorry for that too!

but i was very angry about that bas week and i banged my head on the keyboard wink_o.gif

ok i will hope we can see them today

Well if its of any consolation perhaps some of you would like to take a look at these...

More Pavehawks...but a bit different

Full daylight screenshots

I approached Tigershark only a day ago after the initial release of the Pavehawks with this reskin, apparantly it made a good impression and everyone will be able to enjoy this along with the other pavehawks, however you may see yet another iteration of the pavehawks in a fictitious winter camo scheme to boot. I guess you could consider some of these screenshots as part of BAS week's screenshot portion.

WHEEEEEEEEEE biggrin_o.gif

Very nice screenies. At last my pictures have arrived!! I'm happy now. All I'm wondering; will there be a release today or not?

@Cpt. FrostBite

oh sorry at the time of my second post i dont read your comment on my first. FUCKER

i have habe make a mistake because i dont read the thread ok .... thats rigth.

but why are so fucking crazy?

are all guys here glad about that bas week? I HOPE NOT.

BAS WEEK:

every day a addon or misson.

that sould it be

but what have we seen in the last days?

-pave hawk release (nice addon but "only a retexture of the old black hawk, no new scripts, and other special effects, bad)

- a bad pave hawk mission

- the little bird delay, lol , ok we know it for bas that they cant get it....

- the opfor release... that sould be a addon hole addon for one day??? thats only a very very small update of the last opfor pack, bad too

- and yesterday...? ok no addon... nice week

- today: ok the little bird coming next week. lol ok.... if you think so. and what is new their? some more than on the pavehawk? i hope so...

so i hope today we can see a asskicking nice new addon.

sorry for my bad english!

@Cpt. FrostBite

oh sorry at the time of my second post i dont read your comment on my first. FUCKER

BAS WEEK:

that sould it be

-pave hawk release (nice addon but "only a retexture of the old black hawk, no new scripts, and other special effects, bad)

- the opfor release... that sould be a addon hole addon for one day??? thats only a very very small update of the last opfor pack, bad too

- and yesterday...?  ok no addon... nice week

- today: ok the little bird coming next week. lol ok.... if you think so. and what is new their? some more than on the pavehawk? i hope so...

Better remove those insults wow_o.gif

On-topic:

What's the story on your m4's. Will you be using earls models as a base model or do you have your own model?

Arch.

hehe, don't take things personal, I don't biggrin_o.gif

I have to agree with you for most part. Although they did somewat promised a full week of adons, it ws reduced to four and now to three real addons. And the OPFOR pack was more of a little update and bug-fix than a real new release, but it did add some stuff and the pack is great fun. I'm very happy with it and that's the only thing that counts.

But you miss the point that BAS is doing this for free and that they do this stuff in their spae time. So even if they promised something and than don't do it, you can't realy blame for it. Instead you should be glad that they even do this stuff.

[edit]Don't take my post the wrong way, I'm still very happy with BAS week. Keep it up guys!! [/edit]

I think you need to reorganize your priorities Mr. Bean and remember that OFP is a game, BAS makes these addons because they love doing it...and it's something they do on their own time at whatever pace they want.

To put it simply, you lose nothing from waiting for these addons in fact you should go do something useful like read a book, go see old friends, ask out that girl you like, something...anything other than complaining about why the next BAS addon is not released yet, because it's not like your comments are going to speed things up. Would you rush the release of your own addon because someone you dont even know started complaining on a forum? I doubt it, judging by your attitude you'd probably go slower or stop work altogether just to piss them off.

mr.bean IMHO you should be quiet now. You're showing absolutely no respect.

Quote[/b] ]pave hawk release (nice addon but "only a retexture of the old black hawk, no new scripts, and other special effects, bad)

there are new scripts and new features (airframe numbers and setobjecttexture features) and the reskin is probably much more complicated to do than you think it is. Plus it's reskinned accordning to real world specs.

Quote[/b] ]- a bad pave hawk mission

If you think it's bad show us a better one from you.

Quote[/b] ]the opfor release... that sould be a addon hole addon for one day??? thats only a very very small update of the last opfor pack, bad too

It provided a new SCUD launcher that really works in a simple way - that is a whole addon. plus it provided needed bugfixes to the existing stuff.

I agree get off the backs of BAS they do it because they love creating addons and they love to share it with you just accepted it with love then or be flammed and ass kicked by a lot of BAS friends mad_o.gif

@Cpt. FrostBite

BAS WEEK:

that sould it be

Your bad English is the least thing I feel sorry about for you.

Ts, please post some screenies i want to win that starring competion with my Computer tounge_o.gif

@Cpt. FrostBite

On-topic:

What's the story on your m4's. Will you be using earls models as a base model or do you have your own model?

Arch.

Let me be frank here. Hi I'm Frank....just kidding

Let me be honest....we at BAS are well aware that our weapons models are no longer the best around. At the time when the De/Ra were first released they were in a class of their own however, with the release of Earl and Sucheys weapons that came with their Marines (i don't even want to talk about Counterstrike imported weapons) they have set the new std. in weapons and we are aware ours look pretty crappy next to theirs.

Having said that....yes..we plan on upgrading all weapons for our units either with modified Earl and Suchey weapons or ones of equivalent quality.

There have been improvements to the weapons in the De/Ra pack including the addition of some new types and in texture improvements to the Desert camo weapons. However, the models have not been touched in this release.

Sorry if this dissapoints...but for the time being we just couldn't afford the time to modify Earls weapons with all the required bits and pieces needed for Special Operations weapons. (ACOGs, EOTechs, PEQ Units, etc.)

It will happen...just not in this release....but then again. This is reason we have a separate BAS_Weap file. When we do get around to it...should be a painless replacement of this file.

Well if its of any consolation perhaps some of you would like to take a look at these...

More Pavehawks...but a bit different

Full daylight screenshots

I approached Tigershark only a day ago after the initial release of the Pavehawks with this reskin, apparantly it made a good impression and everyone will be able to enjoy this along with the other pavehawks, however you may see yet  another iteration of the pavehawks in a fictitious winter camo scheme to boot. I guess you could consider some of these screenshots as part of BAS week's screenshot portion.

It looks really good, nice. I wish I had time to do some nice textures sad_o.gif

I'm happily welcoming a winter version, I'm a snowed OFP nutter. biggrin_o.gif

Changing the subject. I don't know if is been sayd before, but I can't acces your Bug Report section in your site. Is it down?

About the "Little Birds", I'm hoping you guys are implementing a way for the AI to land it propely, kind of like a touch and go tipe of thing, but don't tell us, it will spoil the surprise.

New textures on the Deltas? Good, one day, you guys should release a separated addon for the Deltas, jungle ops, with different head gear, more like what they use or used in Colombia. That would go so nice with Tonal smile_o.gif

Nothing ellse to say, at the moment crazy_o.gif

Oh yes, You guys could stop creating addons, right? I need to get away from this computer from time to time, and I'm so close to put some of my missions for beta test. But I can't because you lot decided to create magnificent A 10 addons that kip me distracted and out of mission editing crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

I will never become the most popular mission maker in the world, my life have no sense, what can I ....

Ups, sorry, I got a bit carried away. biggrin_o.gif Just kiding. tounge_o.gif

@CERO.

I like the new BAS addons. Can you please post some pics of the Deltas/Rangers because my cheek is so hurting (got my wisdom tooth out on tuesday)  sad_o.gif  maybe I feel better when I see some great pics.  biggrin_o.gif

@Cpt. FrostBite

On-topic:

Arch.

Let me be frank here. Hi I'm Frank....just kidding

Let me be honest....we at BAS are well aware that our weapons models are no longer the best around. At the time when the De/Ra were first released they were in a class of their own however, with the release of Earl and Sucheys weapons that came with their Marines (i don't even want to talk about Counterstrike imported weapons) they have set the new std. in weapons and we are aware ours look pretty crappy next to theirs.

Having said that....yes..we plan on upgrading all weapons for our units either with modified Earl and Suchey weapons or ones of equivalent quality.

There have been improvements to the weapons in the De/Ra pack including the addition of some new types and in texture improvements to the Desert camo weapons. However, the models have not been touched in this release.

Sorry if this dissapoints...but for the time being we just couldn't afford the time to modify Earls weapons with all the required bits and pieces needed for Special Operations weapons. (ACOGs, EOTechs, PEQ Units, etc.)

It will happen...just not in this release....but then again. This is reason we have a separate BAS_Weap file. When we do get around to it...should be a painless replacement of this file.

Thanks for the quick reply tigershark. Your weapons are certainley not the 'best' anymore, but they are still very acceptable. But it's good to know you will be upgrading the weapons.

Arch.

*drool* excellent, simply excellent

I think in this case, pushing back the release date would be more than justified, though there are some ACOGs in the Assault Pack.  Since you're pushing back the Littlebirds because you guys want them "just right," I say do the same with the Delta/Ranger pack.

I for one am willing to wait for the fully customized weapons, even if it is only a matter of updating the weapons file later.

@Cpt. FrostBite

BAS WEEK:

that sould it be

I reported your post to the moderators and hope you will get punished for the expressions you are using.

This is not the place that you can allow yourself this kind of language!

bean, since you are a newsposter at a community- fansite, your public behaviour is absolutely wrong...

head on over to the www.*censored* forums and continue there plz, bean, frostbite and kroky!

back on topic:

is JAM going to be updated together with the updated de/ra´s?

@Cpt. FrostBite

BAS WEEK:

that sould it be

I reported your post to the moderators and hope you will get punished for the expressions you are using.

This is not the place that you can allow yourself this kind of language!

LOL...since when did posting an honest opinion deserve getting reported..I think he's just saying what he feels and I'm sure he ain't the only one ..grow up!.... rock.gif

@pang that censored forum may be just what some of these guys on the forum need so their wittle feeling don't get hurt tounge_o.gif