Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

hi bas team,this is little off topic but i have one suggestion for you. Yesterday i saw "Black hawk down" movie, and when rangers make rappel in bakaras market i noticed that they go down more horizontally than your rappel script in blackhawks. One example, on this image ( from ofp combat photography) you can see what im saying, rangers go down too vertically

[imghttp://users.tpg.com.au/adsl0fcx/260204/4.jpg[/img]

and on this one you can see the difference:

[imghttp://www.michigan.gov/images/UH-60rappel_16656_7.jpg[/img]

Personally i think that looks much better the second image than the first one but i dont know how much difficult can have improve that stile of rappel.

PD: Waiting for BAS week....  biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

PD2: Sorry for my bad english, i hope u understand what i want to say with that two images

i already edited the fastrope animations to more accurate ones:

i moved the hands to chest- level and moved the left knee a bit behind the rope. unfortunately the animation was offset to the rope ingame sad_o.gif

but yes:

the fastrope anims could need a bit of adjustment.

just wondering if the hummers in the desert pack will include one that is tow equipped? i know marfy made one but because of engine limitations dropped it, but scripting it so that it has to stop to fire could allow you to make it a fixed model thus getting passed the dreaded engine limitation.

The fastrope anims, and some other bugs in the Blackhawks will be updated at some point, but NOT during BAS week.

As for the desert pack, more news will come about that during BAS week.

Well, i have a very little criticism for you, BAS smile_o.gif

Shouldn't the Rangers and Deltas have an American flag on their shoulders? Will this come in the update?

Pointless, really, but it sometimes grazes my eye biggrin_o.gif

Ahhh!!! I can't wait for the BAS week! ;)

Will you dudes ever make a Black Hawk Down mod? (units [some are done already]; weapons; missions; campaign?)

i thought SFG's didnt carry their countrys flags to allow deniability... well, i believe this is the case for the SAS at least - its hard to deny you're from America if you've got a damn flag on your uniform (this is delta im on about, i think rangers have flags - what do i know anyway) tounge_o.gif

Indeed, since both the Deltas and Rangers in our addons are made to depict units on "black" ops, they do not wear the US Flag whilst on missions.

This has something to do with "deniability" as Messiah has said, but how you can't tell that this tanked-up soldier, wearing all the latest American kit ISNT American... crazy_o.gifwow_o.gif

Anyho, no flags this time round either.

Indeed, since both the Deltas and Rangers in our addons are made to depict units on "black" ops, they do not wear the US Flag whilst on missions.

This has something to do with "deniability" as Messiah has said, but how you can't tell that this tanked-up soldier, wearing all the latest American kit ISNT American... crazy_o.gif  wow_o.gif

Anyho, no flags this time round either.

Alright, it's not a big thing anyways. But will you ever release any non-specop Deltas and Rangers? ... lol

So, and what about the BHD mod i was asking about... something secret over there? tounge_o.gif

So, and what about the BHD mod i was asking about... something secret over there?  tounge_o.gif

didn't see that bit... skim reading...

BHD... No. All our stuff is too new for BHD, we have no plans to, and probably wont make a BHD themed mod, sorry.

not much point of a version with flags is there? you coudl always setobjecttexture the flag on the normal ranger units...

cheers for comfirming my suspicions DM - although its true, a guy with an american accent with american equipment.... lol, who needs a flag

I think Deadmeat needs to look at the textures again. They do have american flags on them, but built into the arm textures. Unless he took them out which I really didn't want. I made them part of the texture instead of a separate texture on purpose for quality control and for the fact that they ARE made to be us troops. This has been covered before so I won't really go into it much. And for the not wearing them due to deniability, for OFP it may be more realistic to take them off, but they look nice on the models.

@Ebud

Agreed. Ok for Delta i can see taking them off, but Rangers you should leave them one. I know you gusy only mentioned new "Models" of the interim update, are they going to use those textures i saw a while back in the OFP Combat Photo Thread, and the ones pic'd in Deadmeat's Sig?

yes, those are the ones. Look at the soar woodland crew chief and imagine it in different gear. But that is the base woodland unit model.

D'oh, my bad...

You dont notice the little things like that when you spend all day looking at the models...

Typical SOP for SFOD-D, and SF guys (as far as I know)...don't really know about the Rangers is to sew patches of velcro onto their sleeves...normally where they have also sewn on the pockets on the arms. This velcro allows for SSI's (Shoulder Sleeve Insignia) such as the American flag, unit patch, etc etc to be attached and detached as needed. When on operations the only thing normally seen will be a blood type, infra-red tape for indentification (similar to cat-eyes on a helmet) and NKDA for (No Known Drug Allergies).

I had all that on the sleeve pockets, but 10 guys running around with oneg on their arms looked silly. A random set would be a good solution for the next version.

These have been done for about 8 months and haven't been touched until last week after DM saw the next iteration of them and we decided to just get these out as they are.

{edi} some stuff removed as discussing is already closed on it>

I'm looking forward to BAS week, although I won't be there to enjoy it. I wonder what addons you'll release:

-MH-6 update

-D/R pack update

-pavehawk

-OPFOR

-??

-??

-??

Gonna be a great week

{edi} some stuff removed as discussing is already closed on it>

I'm looking forward to BAS week, although I won't be there to enjoy it. I wonder what addons you'll release:

-MH-6 update

-D/R pack update

-pavehawk

-OPFOR

-??

-??

-??

Gonna be a great week

That's it. Only 4 addons.

That's it. Only 4 addons.

What do you mean by that rock.gif That there will be only four addons or do you mean more?

If there are more, what can we expect?

HE MEANS ONLY 4 ADDONS. as in the number Four, 2 + 2 = 4

5 - 1 = 4, 0 + 4 = 4. understand it now?

Just tought he maybe made a small joke

"Only" four BAS addons tounge_o.gif  Looking forward to it.

And it starts on my birthday.. it's almost as if they knew biggrin_o.gif