Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

look... its starting to annoy me now... they went against their word of telling us addons will be released in early march so please.. stop asking for more.. chill and just wait for Rangers and Littlebirds... theres really nothing more to say, until BAS Week that is.

just a quickir on the pavies - are they going to implement Klinkers new lifevest technology?

talking to him, he says its possible for choppers to hover above his lifevests and liferings and rescue the man - would have been cool using a winch (not possible i knows) but the rope ladder could work too...

justa thought

just a quickir on the pavies - are they going to implement Klinkers new lifevest technology?

talking to him, he says its possible for choppers to hover above his lifevests and liferings and rescue the man - would have been cool using a winch (not possible i knows) but the rope ladder could work too...

justa  thought

looks like i might get back into mission making for a few with that kinda option and extractions WONDERFUL looking jawhawks smile_o.gif

I talked with DM on the SDU5E devices cause I got some pilots for my Seahawks and jayhawk addon with those devices on helmet and when they jump over water they get the option to turn the SDU5E device on and on night it glows wow_o.gif

I wanted to share this with BAS for their pilots but DM told me wait for BAS week I ques they have made their pilots with SDU5E device too wink_o.gif

crap... this sunday i´ll leave home and dont be back for 2 weeks,... and on monday you guys start a BAS week.... now THAT`S unfair....

save som d/l´s for me guys ;)

HaHa..............No tounge_o.gif

I think after this week every Flashpointius in the Flashpointius world will download these contrapitions  biggrin_o.gif

I'm at home in the weekends only. I move back to the base just before the start of BAS-week. Next week is gonna be hell-week for me: I have to wait a whole week before I can DL the BAS addons. I do have an internet connection on the base (otherwize I couldn't post this), but that just makes things worse: I can watch but I can't DL sad_o.gif

but as some sgt over here always says: keep laughing, keep laughing... smile_o.gif

@the_shadow;

You have to wait two weeks!? That's even worse than my situation. I feel sorry for ya, mate

i got a 2 week field exercise coming up....

then i´m home for the weekend, and then i got another 2 week field exercise...

life sucks...

but hey, after that it´s only 2 weeks left untill i get the hell outta there ;) then i got a whole bunch of time to practice mission editing... someone wanna be my teacher?? biggrin_o.gif

About my Javelin request, I wasn't asking BAS to drop everything for my demands.   rock.gif   I was just requesting that BAS put effective and accurate guided AT weapons on their list like the Milan, Javelin, and few others that can be carried by the player and the AI can target and attack enemy armor with them.

If that's a no by BAS, that's fine.  I'm just wanting some effective long range non-static infantry AT guided weapons that can be used by the player and AI units.  I've seen a few screenshots of some weapons by other addon makers and mods, but haven't seen much materialize yet that has been AI usable.

If any of you addonmakers are currently working on carryable long range guided AT weapons, please post some news updates or something so I know when to get my hopes up.

Anyways, can't wait for your week of BAS and thx.

Later,

Havoc.

well, since this BAS thingy starts next week can we get some pics on what to expect..por favor  biggrin_o.gif

Nope, nothing until March 1st

Ey BAS... your page is down. sad_o.gif

(the reason for me going to the page was to look for a Tonal flag. It's a real island isn't it... what country does it belong to?)

A nice mission is coming up using many BAS addons... biggrin_o.gif

Ey BAS... your page is down. sad_o.gif

(the reason for me going to the page was to look for a Tonal flag. It's a real island isn't it... what country does it belong to?)

Read the history PDF that came with the island before asking things about it, that's what they've put it there for. rock.gif Yes, it is fictional.

Got a really great idea today (i'd tried it before but it didn't work). The idea was to drive a Ranger motorcycle into the MH-47, then let the pilot fly to 1000m and then drive out smile_o.gif

I tried it before on BIS' CH-47 but the bike didn't even go in there. Well, everything was almost fine with the BAS one... i got the bike in, and i had to stand, not sit (otherwise it wouldn't be possible to hop on the bike).

So, the pilot started the engines (i was so excited lol), then the takeoff.... wha? i went through the chopper and fell down (the bike too).

There goes my stunt sad_o.gif

Are there any other more static transport choppers around to make a stunt like that?

BTW really looking forward to the BAS Week!

If I remember correctly (havent used the CH47 for a while) you can only move freely inside when you've told the pilot to 'hold position' via the action menu and wait for the chopper to completely stop. I had the same plan when it was first released but then I read the readme mad_o.giftounge_o.gif

Atleast you can 'pack' the krl in the back and para drop it back to earth. Maybe jump out a the same time and try to hop onboard? tounge_o.gif

Yup, its a game engine limitation. There is NOTHING we can do about it sad_o.gif

You can also move around inside the chopper when it's moving, but I wouldn't recommend it. I just tried, and I managed to hold on for about 10 seconds before I went flying out the gunners window.

Well its was new for you to move in a veichle while was in the air.

Anyway. This BAS week is what Flashpoint Community needs. Show the people who think this game is dying that the game is just a little asleep. I stayed home from School today becuase I just sit in skool and think of BAS week and repeting to Myself 10 months to OFP2.

Quote[/b] ]I stayed home from School today becuase I just sit in skool and think of BAS week and repeting to Myself 10 months to OFP2.

You're skipping school because of addons rock.gifcrazy_o.gif ?

Anyhow, I'll be anticipating lots of downloading during my March break smile_o.gif .

If you only knew how true that is wink_o.gif

hi bas team,this is little off topic but i have one suggestion for you. Yesterday i saw "Black hawk down" movie, and when rangers make rappel in bakaras market i noticed that they go down more horizontally than your rappel script in blackhawks. One example, on this image ( from ofp combat photography) you can see what im saying, rangers go down too vertically

4.jpg

and on this one you can see the difference:

UH-60rappel_16656_7.jpg

Personally i think that looks much better the second image than the first one but i dont know how much difficult can have improve that stile of rappel.

PD: Waiting for BAS week....  biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

PD2: Sorry for my bad english, i hope u understand what i want to say with that two images

@UOE

Thats the difference wink_o.gif

Your real life picture is RAPPELING, whereas our units are FAST-ROPING. The difference is, whilst fast-roping, the only thing keeping you on the rope is your hands, whilst rappeling you are attached to the rope with harnesses etc.

see pic:

thumb_031005-N-2143T-001.jpg

I stayed home from School today becuase I just sit in skool and think of BAS week and repeting to Myself 10 months to OFP2.

You think at school? crazy_o.gif I just went to sleep unless I was in electroincs, it was the only interesting lesson (and the teacher was slightly evil and twisted...) tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If you only knew how true that is

wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif