Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

One was probably just a cargo position sitting behind a gun and the other a cargo position in the Co-Pilots seat.

Guest major gandhi

Good Idea biggrin_o.gif . I should add this too my my Nh90.

Also, what's the purpose of the SOAR Crew? Aren't they the crew chiefs, the ones who act as door gunners? The pilots shouldn't do that right?

Also, what's the purpose of the SOAR Crew? Aren't they the crew chiefs, the ones who act as door gunners? The pilots shouldn't do that right?

Indeed.

The SOAR Crew is meant to represent a crew-chief, the problem is in OFP you can only define 1 "type" of crew for a vehicle. So the helicopters are crewed with all Pilots as standard, but technically they should have a "crew" man in the gunners position.

its very simple to change in the editor.... not really a problem  tounge_o.gif

How would you do that? Get the empty chopper and get a pilot and crew? That's how I normally do it...... crazy_o.gif

Indeed.

The SOAR Crew is meant to represent a crew-chief, the problem is in OFP you can only define 1 "type" of crew for a vehicle. So the helicopters are crewed with all Pilots as standard, but technically they should have a "crew" man in the gunners position.

Hmmmm......thought so. The think I hate about the pilots and crew......NO BINOS! I hate it when I'm shot down, eject, and find myself w/o any binos! I can't live w/o the damn things....... crazy_o.gif I do realize that the don't carry them in real life IIRC, but don't you hate it when you're stuck w/o binos?

Indeed.

Hmmmm......thought so. The think I hate about the pilots and crew......NO BINOS! I hate it when I'm shot down, eject, and find myself w/o any binos! I can't live w/o the damn things....... crazy_o.gif I do realize that the don't carry them in real life IIRC, but don't you hate it when you're stuck w/o binos?

adding to the INIT line:

this addweapon "binocular"

Problem solved. Now you can get shot down over enemy territory all you want now wink_o.gif

Actually the great thing about the Soar Crew is that you can use any texture for the facemask... so I use the Pirate.JPG Flag for the texture and the Crew looks badass... just my personal preference ;)

But what Deadmeat said... you just have an empty helo and moveingunner SOAR Crew unit and Moveinpilot SOAR pilot. I usually only give the pilot a JAM M9 as well... while the Crew carries Holosight M4 carbines.

Gotta love the BAS functionality. biggrin_o.gif

its very simple to change in the editor.... not really a problem  tounge_o.gif

How would you do that? Get the empty chopper and get a pilot and crew? That's how I normally do it...... crazy_o.gif

of course - thats what i was getting at smile_o.gif

Hey There

I just saw the interview with Deadmeat and i must say next week is going to be an amazing week for OFP.

i guess ill get the ball rolling on the questions lol

my only question is will the updated Rangers/Deltas/Littlebirds come with new sp/mp missions?

Tim

well... with nagual taking some free time from BAS, i'm guessing he's worked his ass off on some release missions, and is now relaxing... tounge_o.gif

well... with nagual taking some free time from BAS, i'm guessing he's worked his ass off on some release missions, and is now relaxing...  tounge_o.gif

He worked his ass off on Tonal....and basically took the summer off.

Hey There

I just saw the interview with Deadmeat and i must say next week is going to be an amazing week for OFP.

i guess ill get the ball rolling on the questions lol

my only question is will the updated Rangers/Deltas/Littlebirds come with new sp/mp missions?

Tim

We are working on it....for the Pavie...hopefully

For the De/Ra....maybe 1 or 2

For the UAZs....unknown

For the LB....hopefully...but only one to show of the new capability we have added.

Quote[/b] ]For the LB....hopefully...but only one to show of the new capability we have added.

and wat r the new capibilites smile_o.gif

Too save time should I give up on my soldier addon  sad_o.gif

I'm not gonna tell someone to do that. You make that call next week Cpl.

Nooo! wow_o.gif

Strut your stuff. Show us what your capable of! wink_o.gif

Nooo! wow_o.gif

Strut your stuff. Show us what your capable of!  wink_o.gif

Even better reply than mine. thanks OzANZAC

Very good to hear, I have one suggestion regarding the demo missions though:

Please, do "recycle" the missions by doing small modifications to them. The mission that came with the first LB pack is a great example of huge potential. And the DE/RA missions also have the same potential. Just add new LB's, Pavehawks and Deltas/Rangers!

Goob, looking forward with anticipation to next week.

Very good to hear, I have one suggestion regarding the demo missions though:

Please, do "recycle" the missions by doing small modifications to them. The mission that came with the first LB pack is a great example of huge potential. And the DE/RA missions also have the same potential. Just add new LB's, Pavehawks and Deltas/Rangers!

Goob, looking forward with anticipation to next week.

Input noted GooB

But to be honest...we probably re-release those after the addons are out.

well... with nagual taking some free time from BAS, i'm guessing he's worked his ass off on some release missions, and is now relaxing...  tounge_o.gif

He worked his ass off on Tonal....and basically took the summer off.

Don't worry guys, the mission making duties are falling into very capable hands. I think you will all be pleasantly surprised wink_o.gif

I forgot to ask, will the new Deltas/Rangers and Littlebirds be compatible with missions made using the old ones? So that you won't have to replace the individual units in your old missions. I suppose the changes are too drastic to allow for this though....