Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

people who started guessing wink_o.gif

Just a rumour, don't get excited...

Who doesn't get excited by these kind of rumours wow_o.gif

It realy would be nice to get some kind of enemy against the Ranger/Delta pack and the Desert Vehicles Pack, after this you only need an island (working on a Iraqi kind of island now) and voila new storyline is born biggrin_o.gif

But just like DM said: Just a rumour, don't get excited... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Why what's wrong with the Tonal Pack    don't need ny updates of it (only a end for the campaign would be nice)

Let the people of BAS focus on new projects like the for example the Desert Vehicles Pack

rock.gif Ebud is a member of BAS.

I wouldn't mind an update of the Tonal/Tango pack once OFP II comes around.

I mean that everybody wants an upgrade of Tonal, but I think it's just nice this way wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I mean that everybody wants an upgrade of Tonal, but I think it's just nice this way

It's not perfect, so there is still room for improvement. There are missing ground transition textures, and there are of course bugs like invisible walls and levitating forest sections.

exactly. It was all finished rather quickly just to get it done. I'd love to use all the edits I'm making to ilo and upgrade the tonal foliage to try and make it less system heavy. All the troops that have their sleeves rolled up could have their arms fixed to look better or at least as good as the scouts. The vehicles need some tweaks, some buildings need their textures fixed, etc etc. It's a huge project in itself to take it all to the next level. Might not be worth the effort.

Sounds like it's going to take a lot time, just like I mentioned before, I think that BAS must make some choises, you guy's don't have that much time that you can work on several projects at the same time wink_o.gif

And that's what I tried to mention before smile_o.gif

Thats why I said "not right now" when asked about an update.

edit :: oops, wrong thread - my bad, my bad... smile_o.gif

One of my friends got such a faboulousy high detailed BAS bh that i nearly died tounge_o.gif

Elitesettings.jpg

This is what happened when he cranked up the LODs crazy_o.gif

New question:

Last I saw in a the www.opflashpoint.org news archive a picture of a Patriot Surface-to-air missile system. And I tought it was from a BAS member.

Now what I want to ask: Is it yours? and if so what happened to the project it looked realy nice  smile_o.gif

Yep that's him what happened with it? Was looking for some surface-to-air missiles, it is almost finished, this was a pretty long time ago?

yea i remember that it was posted in response to TS post of an untextured patriot launcher IIRC

Quote[/b] ]yea i remember that it was posted in response to TS post of an untextured patriot launcher IIRC

quite the opposite but that doesn't matter.

I got way to busy with work and all, kind of forgot all about the patriot till I read this post again. I also have to admit that when it comes to O2 I can get objects into OFP like static objects but I never really looked into OFP weapon systems and coding. I'm more of a maya guy  sad_o.gif

If there are any skilled peeps out there who would like to help out on it.. mail me on Daan AT hollowpointgames DOT com

Whats up with BAS?

The last news I remember is a long time ago.

And whats up with their Pavehawks?

And Navy Seals?

All great Addons but.....what the hell are they doing?rock.gif?rock.gif? rock.gifrock.gifrock.gif

Whats up with BAS?

The last news I remember is a long time ago.

And whats up with their Pavehawks?

And Navy Seals?

All great Addons but.....what the hell are they doing?rock.gif?rock.gif? rock.gif  rock.gif  rock.gif

Patience, my freind.

Remember, they sacrifice more than we know in order to give to the community. What they do, they do in their spare time, so please, treat them with more respect.

What they do cannot be dictated by anyone. Including you and I.

treat them with more respect.

I can´t see any bad thing about asking what is going on with bas.

He did not asked for a release date or other "hated" questions.

MfG Lee

treat them with more respect.

I can´t see any bad thing about asking what is going on with bas.

He did not asked for a release date or other "hated" questions.

MfG Lee

It's not the question, it's how it was asked wink_o.gif

I have a small question about BAS's addon choppers. Some of them, like the Blackhawks and the Chinooks, are supposed to have 2 door gunners and 2 pilots. The other choppers in Flashpoint don't have this either. Why is that so? An game limitation?

Just wondering......

It is indeed due to game engine limits, so you're gonna have to wait until OFP 1.5 or 2 before both those guns will work.

If you have seen the flashpoint2004 pics...

Well i bet that bis has hired bas team to work on "new expansion?? 1.5??". So thats why they don't relase anything. Those pics remind me so much about bas units. There is another forum for this so i just be quiet now.  biggrin_o.gif

It is indeed due to game engine limits, so you're gonna have to wait until OFP 1.5 or 2 before both those guns will work.

IIRC, on your site a few months back, you had a screen showing one of your Blackhawks with 2 pilots and 2 gunners. The screen is gone now. but how did you do it?