Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

So about the navy seals. I can hardly wait man. Um. Any chance we can get some preview shots of them and that cool dunebuggy that was floating around again?

So about the navy seals.  I can hardly wait man.  Um.  Any chance we can get some preview shots of them and that cool dunebuggy that was floating around again?

bro

i aint in the bas team or anythin but if u look a few pages back

the main guy for the project has too much stuff in his life to do anythin with them at the moment, dunno if this has changed but

dont expect them anytime soon

it took almost 1 year for the delta update, just dont wait and itll make u feel better when they release them unexpectedly

trust me

i waited everyday for the delta ranger update

and wen my internet connection went off for awhile, i didnt expect them anytime soon

but wen my internet went back up it was released

theyll release news when its nearly done

Did bas ever make any humvees and stuff for our friendly rangers?

If not, I suggest they do tounge_o.gif

Also what would be cool, if they made a new A-10 warthog! That would be so tight, with like gatling gun effects and crap.....which BY THE WAY@!!!! HOW DID THEY MAKE THE SHELL CASINGS FALL OFF A VEHICLE!! I WANT THAT FOR MY STATIC MG'S!!! crazy_o.gif

why does everyone keep requesting new addons from BAS....they obviously don't have the time and prob won't anytime in the near future crazy_o.gif

why does everyone keep requesting new addons from BAS....they obviously don't have the time and prob won't anytime in the near future crazy_o.gif

Simple addon grubbing b***ches.. GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIe, want it faster, pay them to work on it, so they can stay at home work on addons all day long otherwise wait like everyone else. =P

US Army and the Marines still have Hueys, not enough Blackhawks to go around yet.

LOL

BAS seriously, I don't think can meet up to all our demands. In case everyone hasn't noticed, BAS doesn't have a ton of hands like it used to have.

~Bmgarcangel

[Funk loop]

Who's the team that won't cop out when folks are asking when the Rangers are out? BAS!

They say that Ballistic Addon Studios is one bad mother-... Shut yo' mouth!

I'm talkin' about BAS! Then we can dig it!

LOL

BAS seriously, I don't think can meet up to all our demands.  In case everyone hasn't noticed, BAS doesn't have a ton of hands like it used to have.

~Bmgarcangel

I am wondering if there still is a team.

Maybe there is no team but a bunch of unfinished addons that keep a fragile linked group of people, who have fear of saying it is over.

I hope I am wrong, but it seems that way.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe there is no team but a bunch of unfinished addons that keep a fragile linked group of people, who have fear of saying it is over.

Or maybe you could consider the radical idea that they're adding and testing new features for their addons...

Just because BAS hasn't released anything recently doesn't mean that they're dead.

We're still not dead...

Just because we don't release something for a few weeks means we're dead?

Get real boys and girls, you all know how we operate, just be patient, and all your "fears" will be forgoten...

I have a question/problem for the BAS team. I'm not sur eif this is the right forum to post it in so please don't bash me if I'm wrong.

Well the problem is I can not play with the Delta/Ranger pack. Everytime I put them onto editor and press preview, it says I can not open something Glock silenced P3d. So I think I'm missing the glock silenced addon. What should I do?

thanks

I have a question/problem for the BAS team. I'm not sur eif this is the right forum to post it in so please don't bash me if I'm wrong.

Well the problem is I can not play with the Delta/Ranger pack.  Everytime I put them onto editor and press preview, it says I can not open something Glock silenced P3d.  So I think I'm missing the glock silenced addon.  What should I do?

thanks

Thats part of the BIS Resistance addon, make sure you're playing with the resistance data files, otherwise the addons wont work.

(could be a corrupt Resistance install)

Quote[/b] ]Maybe there is no team but a bunch of unfinished addons that keep a fragile linked group of people, who have fear of saying it is over.

Or maybe you could consider the radical idea that they're adding and testing new features for their addons...

Just because BAS hasn't released anything recently doesn't mean that they're dead.

Don't take me wrong, I would very much like BAS to continue their work.

Still, I wasn't talking about addon releasing. I mean't no activity at all.

And if DeadMeatXM2 says it's alive alright, then I'm happy to hear that.

I'd like to suggest one thing though.

You PR sucks big time. I know you're not a commertial group, it is still important to think about putting your message across. it means simply - communicate more and give some sort of feedback of your excistance.

It may be difficult but it's possible. biggrin_o.gif

in BAS's defence, if you think they are dead or dying, why not offer them some help? they are human like the rest of us and can only do so much at once...

hardly hurts to help those who work so hard on these addons and whatnot now does it? smile_o.gif

in BAS's defence, if you think they are dead or dying, why not offer them some help? they are human like the rest of us and can only do so much at once...

hardly hurts to help those who work so hard on these addons and whatnot now does it?  smile_o.gif

I am not attacking them. I am trying to find out what is happening to that great team.

I am also trying to produce some constructive critisism and speak out my mind.

We're still not dead...

Just because we don't release something for a few weeks means we're dead?

Get real boys and girls, you all know how we operate, just be patient, and all your "fears" will be forgoten...

lol tounge_o.gif

Please, please, please........Stay quiet for a month! tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Seriously, I want to see all the 'OMG, where'd they go, they must be dead' drama queens come out of the closet again, because sometimes, I really think they fail to appreciate just how much time and effort must go into any of your releases.

C'mon people. BAS aren't our slaves. We aren't their parole officers, so we don't need to know their every little detail on their wherabouts e.t.c. And surely, BAS week wasn't that long ago.

Sit back, relax and enjoy what they and so many others have provided so far, and then, be pleasantly suprised when they do release their work public. Then shower them with praise, adding that you never had any doubt in their abilities. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Seriously, I want to see all the 'OMG, where'd they go, they must be dead' drama queens come out of the closet again, because sometimes, I really think they fail to appreciate just how much time and effort must go into any of your releases.

That would be a great idea! Completely cease with any progress reports (Not that there were many to begin with), and watch the whiners come out of the woodwork. Meanwhile, finish up some addons, and release them near simultaneously. Don't announce a "BAS Week" thing, just finish up some stuff and release it completely by surprise. It would be fun to see the "they must be dead" crowd scramble under a rock after a "BAS Desert Pack + Updated MH-6s" release biggrin_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]I am also trying to produce some constructive critisism and speak out my mind.

Saying "they must have fallen apart and are trying to pretend that BAS is still alive" is hardly constructive rock.gif .

Hey deadmeat thx for the help, but is there a way I can get the Glock silenced with out reinstalling ofpr??

it would be much easier then just reinstalling

thanks again

make sure you have the latest patch might help, the glock came with 1.85 i believe so make sure its up to date.

Quote[/b] ]I am also trying to produce some constructive critisism and speak out my mind.

Saying "they must have fallen apart and are trying to pretend that BAS is still alive" is hardly constructive rock.gif .

That is speaking my mind.

PR is being somewhat constructive.

Quote[/b] ]That is speaking my mind.

Well, we who are on mod teams get to speak our minds and call you an idiot for having no knowledge of how these teams work.

Quote[/b] ]That is speaking my mind.

Well, we who are on mod teams get to speak our minds and call you an idiot for having no knowledge of how these teams work.

nice to see an openminded dude, who gets boil-headed for no reason.

And I suppose, no I am sure that You reffer to yourself rather that people you talking about.

People who respect themselves and their work, don't get offended by any type of critisicm.

I suppose U were born a mod maker, right? So god damn superior?

I never wanted or needed to be a mod maker or addon maker.

What U say about others is just a reflection of your self inferiority problems.

Guys, lets keep it civil, please.

Don't want to have to lock this thread too sad_o.gif

Guys, lets keep it civil, please.

Don't want to have to lock this thread too sad_o.gif

I agree. It leads nowhere. I'd rather talk business.