Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

You don't need to constantly refresh their page. Just go on IRC (#Ballistic-Studios) if you are on there you will know when the time to release is imminent. Much more time efficient I promise smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

(@Eviscerator): hacked our server

*prepares for release by stocking up on tissues*

Its 10AM BAS. Do you know where you MH60s are?

PS: Ive got my f5 key taped down on your dl page bas. and im holding your bandwidth HOSTAGE. The ransom... I think you can figure it out.... blues.gif

Been a few delays (RL does that to ya sad_o.gif), sorry everyone, couple more days.

SelectThis

sad_o.gif oh well, lol

Hope you guys get it all done fine.

damn... just damn.... ahh i guess its all for the better.. and by the way whats RL... "Real Life" ??

yes RL is real life

Just hope it's not bad STT (the RL stuff I mean). Although for some it may be hard to believe, but I know you guys are still human wink_o.gif . I can wait a few days. I trust you guys have a good reason for it and the quality of the bird won't be less, because of a few days delay (it will only get better!).

Thank you Sxep but I've been around long enough now to know spam when I see it smile_o.gif

Ok so we have two options.....

1 this thread gets closed. And a Bas discussion thread will no longer be allowed.

2 any future spam loses the spammer 150 posts or whatever the spam formula spits out (whichever is highest).

There have been a number of warnings in the this thread, they're being repeatedly ignored, so enough's enough.

back on topic!

I wanted to know what the armor is gonna be like on the new helos........i.e. how well can it stand up against machine gun fire, whether it be tanks's guns or damage from infantry gunners

I did a little test with both kiowa warriors and littlebirds

The littlebird, unsupporeted against a mech. inf. squad doesn't last a minute before being shot down from the BMP and the 2 PK gunners.

The kiowa warrior didnt even get targeted rock.gif

I can't wait a couple of days! I'm leaving home to go to the Army on Monday morning! I've been waiting for the Blackhawks and the Invasion44 campaign all summer, and when something's finally sarting to happen, I can't play for months*cry cry cry*

mad_o.gif Not fair i am leaving to for a couple of days/weeks and i can't play with it now Not fair you guys mad_o.gif

mad_o.gif Not fair i am leaving to for a couple of days/weeks and i can't play with it now Not fair you guys mad_o.gif

Stop whyning...they told a million times that it will be done when its ready.

I don't understand how THEY are not fair? its ur life thats not fair and there's aint nothing we can do about that.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"QUI VULT DARE PARVA NON DEBET MAGNA ROGARE" - HE WHO WISHES TO GIVE LITTLE SHOULD NOT ASK FOR MUCH.

Its not about fairness, its just about constantly telling people how amazing something is, giving out numerous hints and comments about release dates/ETA's and failing to meet them.

Everyone understands that its easy to miss a deadline or two, but after a couple of deadlines have come and gone, I think the Addon Team ( and BAS arent solely guilty here ) should then just shut up about release dates.

I mean, was it necessary for SelectThis to say "... another couple of days.." ?

Is that realistic, or is it just more likely to end up leading to more disappointment and frustration for the fans if it fails to be ready in that time?

0.02Pounds ( why doesnt the pound symbol work on these boards? rock.gif )

It´s masochism to even visit this thread man....

Its not about fairness, its just about constantly telling people how amazing something is, giving out numerous hints and comments about release dates/ETA's and failing to meet them.

Everyone understands that its easy to miss a deadline or two, but after a couple of deadlines have come and gone, I think the Addon Team ( and BAS arent solely guilty here ) should then just shut up about release dates.

I mean, was it necessary for SelectThis to say "... another couple of days.." ?

Is that realistic, or is it just more likely to end up leading to more disappointment and frustration for the fans if it fails to be ready in that time?

0.02Pounds ( why doesnt the pound symbol work on these boards?  rock.gif  )

Firstly, at BAS we dont have deadlines, at all, so no deadlines have come and gone, there have also been no hints about ETA's until ST has said another couple of days, it may have been 'dangerously' to being finished but there are still other things to take into account, readmes for instance, there is a lot of information needed in the readme and it takes a couple of days to compile, also last minute bugs have cropped up that if we didnt delay for a few days would have gone unfixed, if people dont want to be disappointed when they construe whatever we say about projects into a release date, simple remedy, stop asking about when it will be finished.

Ok so we have two options.....

1 this thread gets closed. And a Bas discussion thread will no longer be allowed.

2 any future spam loses the spammer 150 posts or whatever the spam formula spits out (whichever is highest).

There have been a number of warnings in the this thread, they're being repeatedly ignored, so enough's enough.

i vote for the the 1st option - this thread doesnt give anything new.... except spam and promises that couldn´t be realized

thx BAS

"Soon"

"Very Soon"

"Very Very .... Soon"

"Dangerously Close"

"Within the week"

"Couple more days"

All in this thread.

Theres just no need. I appreciate it takes time to make the wonderful toys your team produces, I just think it would be better PR to cut that kind of thing out entirely.

The post above gives the reason why.

From the pics and how everyone is talking about this heli,I think it will be worth the wait.I dont know if this has been ask,And I dont really want to read all the post.But my question iz,Are you guys going to use a different seating arrangement than the UH-60?Ive been wondering this for a while.Just had to ask.But I can wait and see,It will be more fun that way.

we just can't win can we...

If we don't say, you moan about not knowing, if we do say you moan about it not being done on the vague day that wasnt actually promised...

I'm am going to discuss with the team whether we request that the mods lock down ALL BAS related threads to prevent this kind of thing, you have only brought it on yourselves...

Watch this space for the Team decision.

don´t get me wrong!!! i love the BAS Addons (you are great) and i´m sure your new one´s are great too.

Quote[/b] ]we just can't win can we...

and yes you are winners  rock.gif