Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

And thats all you're getting! And that includes you TS, show any more and we'll start cutting your fingers off!

NO DONT CUT HES FINGER'S sad_o.gif Let Him Send Out All The Nice Pictures To Us tounge_o.gif

It wasnt something we forgot, it was something we didnt add in for realism purposes, the ACOG sight interferes with the M203 leaf sight, and would not be used in conjunction like the Reflex sight.

Vouching for realism, militaryphotos.net has some pictures of SF using ACOGs and M203s together:

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....d_sfa07

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....d=018_G

I don't see a leaf sight in the second picture so they must(?) use an alternative method of aiming.

It wasnt something we forgot, it was something we didnt add in for realism purposes, the ACOG sight interferes with the M203 leaf sight, and would not be used in conjunction like the Reflex sight.

Vouching for realism, militaryphotos.net has some pictures of SF using ACOGs and M203s together:

I don't see a leaf sight in the second picture so they must(?) use an alternative method of aiming.

Our source on whether or not the M203 is used very often in conjunction with the ACOG is one of our members who is a server member in the US Army (more specifically USAMU), there may be photos of it in the field but it is probably a very rare occurance, or like you said, without the leaf sight.

the second type of aiming devive is called a quadrant sight  it attaches to the left side of the carrying handle

also in the unit im in we use the m68 reflex sight with the 203s

if you look at those pics you will notice that the guys usaly dont even have the grenades for the weapon

And one more thing for Nagual.

Why dont islandmakers drop some snow in their maps?

I mean please someone make a semi snow-woodland map.

t'll be great for Behind enemylines sort of missions. It will really add atmosphere to see the mountain backdrop behind you covered in snow while youre a few feet down on level ground with woodland landscape around and then you get whisked to this mountianside/Glacier for a rcon mission (or whatever pleases you biggrin_o.gif )

I can't speak for other island makers of course, but for the bas island we don't have snow as it just doesnt fit in. There is also no mountains big enough to warrant snow on the isle, its all pretty low terrain.

I saw the behind enemy lines movie a few weeks ago, and agree that sort of setting would be very nice in ofp, but seems more fitting for eastern europe settings than the bas isle.

Our source on whether or not the M203 is used very often in conjunction with the ACOG is one of our members who is a server member in the US Army (more specifically USAMU), there may be photos of it in the field but it is probably a very rare occurance, or like you said, without the leaf sight.

I know someone has seen the movie "BASIC" about the US Army Rangers? ALL of the rangers in the movie had M4 Grenade Launchers with ACOG Scopes.

I know i know... its hollywood but what can it hurt?? its just OFP a Game.. maybe were just getting too real here.. its not like in the REAL INGAME the scope would get in the way.. but whether or not a M4 carries a 100 rounds instead of 30 rounds.. thats the kinda realism we should keep?

Acog Scopes R fun!! lol.. it cant hurt to much realism.. not like Colt is gonna see it and say "Thats F'kin ridiculous.. a got damn M4 mounted with an m203 and a got Acog Sight!"

ACOG SCOPES FOR EVERYONE!

There you go demanding stuff again...

If you want it that bad, and we can't provide it, could you possibly take the initiative to make it yourself??

Just a suggestion... wink_o.gif

There you go demanding stuff again...

If you want it that bad, and we can't provide it, could you possibly take the initiative to make it yourself??

Just a suggestion...  wink_o.gif

You can with Inquisistos, Do it yourself m4 kit smile_o.gif

I know i know... its hollywood but what can it hurt?? its just OFP a Game.. maybe were just getting too real here.. its not like in the REAL INGAME the scope would get in the way.. but whether or not a M4 carries a 100 rounds instead of 30 rounds.. thats the kinda realism we should keep?

Acog Scopes R fun!! lol.. it cant hurt to much realism.. not like Colt is gonna see it and say "Thats F'kin ridiculous.. a got damn M4 mounted with an m203 and a got Acog Sight!"

ACOG SCOPES FOR EVERYONE!

Well said. smile_o.gif

You don´t have to go overboard with realism if it takes a shitload of work to change something that no one will notice or care about anyway (doesn´t hurt to be as realistic as possible, though wink_o.gif )

Btw BAS There Is a Problem With ur LittleBird Mission it Requries TJP Mh60

problery some old version of Beta mh60 ?? sad_o.gif

And the one without ranger says i need bis resistance even if i got em ,,, lol

As said, we choose what to put in, if you are not happy with what we decide upon you can always add it in yourself.

Btw BAS There Is a Problem With ur LittleBird Mission it Requries TJP Mh60

problery some old version of Beta mh60 ??  sad_o.gif

And the one without ranger says i need bis resistance even if i got em ,,, lol

No its not an old beta, its just a very old mission, it was made for the littlebird release which was about a year or so ago, im sure there will be some kind of new demo mission with the updated littlebirds.

ohhh ok cause i could play the ranger 1 before but for some reason after intro i get missing addons tjp mh60 now =D

i uninstalled it before and when i dloaded from u again and installed and tryd to play was when message come so it wasnt there before crazy_o.gif

just one little request that wasnt in 1.0 An M4 Acog with Grenade Launcher, i think only the Reflex variant had an Grenade Launcher.

I thought it was hardly a Demand at all.. it was just a request or just trying to persuade you to consider making one, but i was given a no.. but i think "Demanding It" was a little to dramatic.

just thought it would be cool.. thats what games are all about right?

I thought it was hardly a Demand at all.. it was just a request or just trying to persuade you to consider making one, but i was given a no.. but i think "Demanding It" was a little to dramatic.

A demand it may not have been to start with, but when you follow it up repeatedly, it does become a demand... Especially as you were told "no" and kept on about it...

Also, it is the same few people who constantly ask for more... ffs you moaned about waiting for the MH-60's for so damn long, now they're out, you couldnt care less about them...

Get some real world hobbies that involve making stuff (like plastic model kits or summat), it might make you appreciate what we do for you a little bit more...

Quote[/b] ]just thought it would be cool.. thats what games are all about right?

Yes, the game is cool, yes its meant to be cool.. but when we get harrased all the time for trying our best to make it cooler, it becomes tiresome...

Rant over, I'm off to do something meaningful now...

Hey Deadmeat Using that Avatar is EVOL !!!

Cause it Makes me think of when the seals get released bohohoh  tounge_o.gif

And that makes you wet your pants or what? tounge_o.gif

And one more time now: Great work on the Blackhawk's fella's take some time off from add-on making. You all deserve it smile_o.gif

Get some real world hobbies that involve making stuff (like plastic model kits or summat), it might make you appreciate what we do for you a little bit more...

I do plastic modeling biggrin_o.gif (1/35 tanks and figures. Mostly Tamiya). I love doing it. I'm a real freak in painting, though; I always try to get even the smallest detail painted/modeled on correctly. As you once said about me; I'm a stickler for realism biggrin_o.gif

It doesn't make me appreciate what you do for us more, though. But that's simply because I already appreciate it to the max. I does however, make me look at textures a little more closely; to see if high-light/shades and little details are textures on correctly.

I was goin to say something clever and tactful but i forgot what it was...

Anyway

I read in an interview with Earl and Suchey and Tactician etc. about the US/Russian Marines and there was mention of effect scripts that make you stunned when you get shot and bleeding until death. It would be very nice to see these effects on the BAS units, it could be worthwhile discussing this with those nice people at digital grenade.

All your work is really nice, JAM in our (a few people in the Zeus community) opinion is the best though.

Btw. as you are working in cooperation with UK Forces, are they going to be using JAM and what is going in their neck of the woods, i was drooling over the images of the joint work with CoC on the artillery and MLRS in particular.

I was goin to say something clever and tactful but i forgot what it was...

Anyway

I read in an interview with Earl and Suchey and Tactician etc. about the US/Russian Marines and there was mention of effect scripts that make you stunned when you get shot and bleeding until death. It would be very nice to see these effects on the BAS units, it could be worthwhile discussing this with those nice people at digital grenade.

All your work is really nice, JAM in our (a few people in the Zeus community) opinion is the best though.

Btw. as you are working in cooperation with UK Forces, are they going to be using JAM and what is going in their neck of the woods, i was drooling over the images of the joint work with CoC on the artillery and MLRS in particular.

Nah i like them how they are, besides too much script would make people with low end machines lag like hell, imagine 60 soldiers all running a bleed script lol

UK forces could use the M16A3 mags for the L85. So they could use JAM. (And I think they will)

About the Stun and blackout effect;

it's really cool/annoying (depends on the situation). When you get shot you get a short blackout and the sound fades for a short moment too. VERY cool. It's however very difficult to take aim and return fire. The best way to react is to duck behind some cover and get your shit together again, before proceding. The digital grenade units also use a bleeding script which makes you start bleeding to death when hit (when the hit did enough damamge and didn't kill you). I died hundreds of times bleeding to death while trying to find that stupid medic that (of course) got himself killed again biggrin_o.gif .

[edit] the bleeding doen't work for AI players, cause AI doesn't handle the script very well and it's not really of any use. Only the human players get the bleeding. This something Suchey told me AFTER I shot thousands of AI players to get the bleeding to work biggrin_o.gif [/edit]