Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

Looks like I came back from vacation just in time: BAS Pavehawk pics!

hh60gnews.jpg

smile_o.gif

glad to here avon

the ofp mom of the community

tounge_o.gif

to bas

are u guys making a whole new delta unit from scratch or just editing the current ones

coz u said they are going to look totally different?

I guess that Chinese AKs are not numbered among best quality AKs around.

As for SR-47 i heard that only few were made.

To get back on topic.

Great news on that Pewehawks

smile_o.gif

As for SR-47 i heard that only few were made.

That's current weapon of choice of most operators in the Sandbox.  They used the M4 for a while, but with all the cave fighting, they were running out of ammunition too fast, and needed the ability to pick up magazines in the field.  Thus, the SR-47 was born.

Well, apparently only 6 were made, unless there are reports of more i cant see us adding it in.

i´ve found a pic but for me it a little bit like the m4... rock.gif

kac-sr47-01.jpg

New SR-47 merges designs

SCOTT GOURLEY, JDW Correspondent, California

US special operations forces have received a small number of new assault rifles optimised for the type of cave-complex fighting experienced in Afghanistan.

The weapons are based on the M-4/M-4A1 carbine variants of the M-16 assault rifle family, but fire the 7.62 x 39mm Soviet-designed cartridge and magazines used in the AK-47 assault rifle.

Knight's Armament Company of Vero Beach, Florida, delivered the first six rifles, called the SR-47 (Stoner Rifle-47), to the US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) in January. The company received a contract for an initial six weapons in late October 2001.

David Lutz, vice president of military marketing for Knight's Armament Company, said: "For the last couple of years there was a requirement in USSOCOM for an addition to their [M-4 series carbine] SOPMOD [special Operations Peculiar Modification] kit that they called a 'Special Purpose Receiver' (SPR).

"Originally they called it the SPR V1 for 'variant one', and it was to be a drop-in 7.62 x 39mm receiver replacement."

According to Lutz, government laboratory efforts to satisfy the SPR requirement were further complicated by "user input" from the USSOCOM specifying that special forces did not want to use the "straight box" M-16 magazines but instead wanted to utilize "battlefield pick-up" AK-47 magazines taken from opponents.

"That was a dilemma because the AK-47 magazine won't go well in a straight chute dimensional magazine - it just won't happen," he said.

He added: "But actually this program was kind of on a back-burner until US special operations guys were going into these complex of tunnels that were so deep, expansive and target-rich that they couldn't take enough loaded M-16 magazines. So they wanted a weapon that had all the muscle memory of an M-4 - safety, grip, everything that's familiar to the soldier or the SEAL - but capable of using battlefield pick-up magazines."

Instead of a drop-in receiver addition to the SOPMOD kit, design changes mandated a completely new weapon with resulting change in terminology from Special-Purpose Receiver to Special-Purpose Rifle (SPR).

"To enable the use of battlefield pick-up magazines, we had to make the upper and lower receiver 0.25in longer. You couldn't take an M-4 receiver and even machine it out to take the AK-47 magazine because it was too short. That also meant that the bolt carrier had to be made longer and the firing pin had to be made longer.

"So you started losing what some people would have liked to have in terms of optimal interchangeability of parts; that's just part of the trade-off to fire the different cartridges," Lutz said.

He highlighted the advantages of the 7.62mm size round for close-quarter battle (CQB) operations. Noting that many of the world's counter-terrorist organizations have evolved from 9mm to 5.56mm ammunition over the last decade, he highlighted the larger 7.62mm ammunition for the ability to package heavier, slower bullets that could provide greater contributions in CQB scenarios.

In addition to the extended upper and lower receivers, another challenging design effort in the SR-47 involved getting the M-4/M-16 magazine catch to externally function like the M-16 magazine but work with a curved AK-47 magazine. In practice, US soldiers use gravity to 'drop' their empty M-16 magazines. The SR-47 design requires the introduction of an internal magazine ejector to push the empty AK-47 magazine from the bottom of the weapon. Additional design features include the introduction of a free-floated match grade barrel.

"This particular 7.62 x 39mm is probably the most accurate 7.62 x 39mm in the world because it's got a really fine free-floated barrel," Lutz added.

"And, of course, it has the rail system so all of the other SOPMOD accessories off the M-4s are compatible.

"There's also a possibility, although they haven't let the contract yet, that there could be another variant that we'd call the SR-74. That could be used if our special operations guys go to a country that has the 'newer' 5.45mm former Soviet weapons. Then they would also have the same ability to pick up magazines."

All six of the SR-47s were delivered with sound suppressors, which Lutz described as "essential" in tunnel operations because of the weapon report.

"We don't know how the six did," he said. "We don't know if they are ever going to order one more. We don't know if we're going to get the second phase, which is to develop the 5.45mm version. But this is probably the hottest weapon that's out there right now."

Lutz concluded: "The SR-47 is a great gun because of the three technologies that it marries: the basic Stoner gun design; the AK-47 series cartridge and magazine; and the modular weapon concept."

earl made a sr74/47 the only thing i dont like is the sight but the wep it self is kickass unclesam.gif

Evis:

I must've missed out on the fact that they only made 6. Sorry about that.

4 in 1:

Does that carry handle looks Photoshopped, or is it just me? Besides, they didn't cut the bottom, which pretty much eliminates the purpose of the cut carry handle.

The Crane M4 CQB is used by our SEAL addon i believe, if you look through the archive on our site you'll probably find pictures of it.

4 in 1:

Does that carry handle looks Photoshopped, or is it just me?  Besides, they didn't cut the bottom, which pretty much eliminates the purpose of the cut carry handle.

to Seal_Sniper:

er..........well yes, it have been Photoshopped and there is some part missing, but the handle on the real thing have been replaced by a rail and a removible handle, also the iron sight is different to SOPMOD M4..........

http://dboy.cpgl.net/USA/M16/M4/m4_cutdown02.jpg

to Evis:

thanks for the infomation, looking forward to see the new unit wink_o.gif

(Evis can u edit your post plz? cause i dont want to increase Dboy`s web tarffic)

OH I FOUND IT!!! biggrin_o.gif

and it have SCB BUTTSTOCK TOO (My god, thats the Dream of every CAR15 fans)

http://dboy.cpgl.net/USA/M16/M4/crane4.jpg

here is a Dboy's netfriend Tin Tin's fav. AR15 with a SCB

http://dboy.cpgl.net/USA/M16/M4/050630.jpg

i wonder how he get this............ biggrin_o.gif

again, pic from "Dboy's GunWorld", thx Dboy for let me use some of his photo

earl made a sr74/47  the only thing i dont like is the sight but the wep it self is kickass unclesam.gif

i actually liked that sight very much tounge_o.gif

i was just wondering whats the difference between the Pavehawk and the blackhawk? (i dont no much about helicopters), because just by looking at them they look exactly the same to me (except the paint jobs on them)

Could some one please explain the differences to me?

thanks

Wow...Those schemes look great  smile_o.gif

But I must admit I've never seen that desert camo on US aircraft.I thought all US desert camo was simply one shade of sand like <a href="http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=279233&WxsIERv=U2lrb3Jza3kgVUgtNjAgQmxhY2toYXdr&WdsYXMg=VVNBIC0gQXJteQ%3D%3D&QtODMg=RmV1Y2h0IC0gQUFGIChFRElHKSAoY2xvc2VkKQ%3D%3D&ERDLTkt=R2VybWFueQ%3D%3D&ktODMp=TWF5IDE5OTE%3D&BP=1&WNEb25u=R2VyaGFyZCBQbG9taXR6ZXI%3D&xsIERvdWdsY=Njk5&MgTUQtODMgKE=SSB3b3VsZCByYXRoZXIgY2FsbCBpdCBhICdTYW5kaGF3aycgaW5zdGVhZCBvZiBCbGFja2hhd2ssIGp1c3QgcmV0dX

JuZWQgZnJvbSB0aGUgR3VsZiBXYXIgaW4gdGhpcyB2ZXJ5IHJhcmUgY29sb3VyIHNjaGVtZS4%3D&YXMgTUQtODMgKERD=MTA2OA%3D%3D&NEb25uZWxs=MjAwMi0xMC0wMQ%3D%3D&static=yes" target="_blank">this </a>...

All I can say is Guys, have we ever been wrong on an issue such as this in the past?

I think not...