Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

does anyone know of the M60 hd bug?

I'm not sure this is the good thread for JAM feedback but I don't find any other appropriate topic

Something I really dislike with JAM is the RPG-7, I can say you made few very wrong choice. Let's me explain my view:

class JAM_rpg7ammo : hit=450;indirectHit=280;indirectHitRange=3.100000;

class JAM_rpg7AAammo : hit=125;indirectHit=75;indirectHitRange=3.100000;

class JAM_rpg7APammo : hit=125;indirectHit=75;indirectHitRange=3.100000;

RPG-7 AA and AP are too weak! crazy_o.gif

If AA and AP ammo are the same grenade as standard AT (PG-7) so they MUST be equal to classic JAM_rpg7ammo

If AP is a real anti-personnel grenade such OG-7, so it must be a real frag grenade I mean increase its radius (indirecthitrange). I suggest you to take a look at the MortarShell : hit=50;indirectHit=40;indirectHitRange=10;

About slot in inventory, why RPG grenade need only one slot while AT4 ammo need two ? I read somewhere the weight of the PG-7 rocket is 9.15 kg...

Rocket motor is too strong and/or firing sound too weak and high, check this video :

http://www.theprofessionals.it/spetfilm/rpg7.mpg

If you need sound, ask me

---

Last thing I dislike is the RPK firing sound. It the same as AK (wich I don't like also, but well...not so bad after all smile_o.gif ). I never hear a RPK but in most game whith AK and RPK, sound was a little lower (due to longer barrel), I suggest you to modifie the pitch of RPK sound with 0.9 or 0.8 value ( ....\AK47Fire.wss",db0,0.8}; )

---

Something I'm not really sure about that (I'm not expert in ballisitic, you are! wink_o.gif ) is the grenade firing from rifle (GP-25 / M203). It is not your fault, but original BIS choice I don't understand with recoil. Is it usual you have no recoil when firing a much heavier projectile than the few milligrams of a bullet ?

I disagree with pretty much everything you said, i like the RPG, RPK and grenade launchers as they are.

I agree with his on the RPK. Becides; the sound for the RPK74 is the same as the AK47. This should be the AK74.

As for M203; no recoil. It's (as also posted by the other guy) because of the muzzle velocity of the M203; much lower than a bullet. It's not just a lager bullet; that would make it a 40mm cannon (which would have a HUGE recoil)

I think he has some very good points there  rock.gif

Wasn't much of an answer you gave him  wink_o.gif

I dont think he did make any very good points, these are all things we have discussed in depth while developing JAM and we are happy with the conclusion we came to.

Edit: The 45 round 5.45 RPK mags using the AK-47 sound is a mistake in the coding.

Ah yes. Know it starts to make sence to me. Thanks Evis. I missed this issue on the latest test version that shiped with the USMC closed beta4. I couldn't imagine why you used the 47 sound on a 74 ammo rifle. Good to hear that this is just a mistake.

For the rest I love JAM. (and if not I should have said so earlier anyway tounge_o.gif ). Keep up the good work.

Quote[/b] ]I couldn't imagine why you used the 47 sound on a 74 ammo rifle.

Do you guys have the time to listen to sounds of those things during fighting?

I mean who cares if theres a little mistake i wouldnt probably here it over the battlezone with tanks emptying shells tounge_o.gif

i think a real soldier wouldnt care if a 47 doesnt sound like a 74 as long as he dont get that bullet up his ass.

Still in retexturing mode....but here is a beta pic.

Don't expect it anytime soon...we still have updated Deltas/Rangers and SEALS to get out.

looks nice !

i already spot a bug, it says UH60  tounge_o.gif

and the refuel thing is untextured , the tail rotor is going thru the main rotor tounge_o.gif

just messin with ya Tiger wink_o.gif

Don't expect it anytime soon...we still have updated Deltas/Rangers and SEALS to get out.

Is that the new Blackhawk model?

Is that the new Blackhawk model?

It would appear to be a Pavehawk.

Kurayami wins the prize.

First prize is dinner with Eviscerator. Second prize is 2 dinners with Eviscerator. Third prize....dinner with me biggrin_o.gif

Oh wait....4th prize....dinner with your choice of blackdog or waffendennis....supervised by a forum moderator (sorry Hellfish wink_o.gif )

we can get a soon to be released pic of he delta/ranger seals?

i understand if u dont want to

u guys just released the bh and all and now ive even guts to ask for a pic

u guys still got loads of stuff to do

by da way i cant get over how cool those bh are.. those scripts u use are legendary

u guys thinking of a bas flagship plane?rock.gif?

with airstrke scripts like those bh???further down the line??

now u guys will then take air supremacy.....completely like america biggrin_o.gif

I would turn down evis and take you, sweety

tounge_o.gif

*closes eyes and rubs temples* Think of a happy place.....a haaaaappy place.

we can get a soon to be released pic of he delta/ranger seals?

i understand if u dont want to

u guys just released the bh and all and now ive even guts to ask for a pic

u guys still got loads of stuff to do

by da way i cant get over how cool those bh are.. those scripts u use are legendary

u guys thinking of a bas flagship plane?rock.gif?

with airstrke scripts like those bh???further down the line??

now u guys will then take air supremacy.....completely like america biggrin_o.gif

Trying to get some new pics of the De/Ra from Nagual.

As for strike aircraft....no concrete plans yet. Or in other words...no comment...I cannot confirm nor deny....etc...etc.

Seal pics have been done to death...nothing has changed visually....just weapons being jammed and scripts being written.

....just weapons being jammed....

Regular cleaning helps  tounge_o.gif

hehe yeah my NCO gets really cut when my weapon isn't clean clearly ;), i know how the seals feel

There really is no point showing the updated Delta/Rangers, they are going to change a hell of a lot over the next couple of weeks, so whatever you get shown now will probably look a lot different to the final product...

Kurayami wins the prize.

First prize is dinner with Eviscerator. Second prize is 2 dinners with Eviscerator. Third prize....dinner with me biggrin_o.gif

Oh wait....4th prize....dinner with your choice of blackdog or waffendennis....supervised by a forum moderator (sorry Hellfish  wink_o.gif )

ROFL!

There really is no point showing the updated Delta/Rangers, they are going to change a hell of a lot over the next couple of weeks, so whatever you get shown now will probably look a lot different to the final product...

now im too excited

dam

and i have a big grin on my face wen tigershark wrote "no comment"

thats a good answer for me smile_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I asked this before and tried to resolve it myself but failed.

I love the D&R's and love Night missions too, but really struggle with the faded red-dot on the Aimpoint scope due to colour-blindness.

It would be cool to have it adjustable like the real thing so fellow sufferers can see their scope better at night.

But I then tried to edit the red dot .tga myself to make it fully opaque, and nothing I tried made any difference.

Is it the code that makes the red-dot semi-opaque in game, or is it ( as I suspect it might be ) just my pitiful Photoshop knowledge that caused the failure?

An enhanced Aimpoint sight would be awesome ( there's a lot of us Colour Blindness sufferers out there ), failing that some easy instructions on what to do to change it would be extremely welcome.

Thanks.

Oh, while I'm here ... does anyone know a good way to get the Blackhawks to do a precise AIRope in a built up area?

I got it to work, but it keeps dropping them all over the place, and nowhere near where I want it to.

Thx again. smile_o.gif

I asked this before and tried to resolve it myself but failed.

I love the D&R's and love Night missions too, but really struggle with the faded red-dot on the Aimpoint scope due to colour-blindness.

It would be cool to have it adjustable like the real thing so fellow sufferers can see their scope better at night.

But I then tried to edit the red dot .tga myself to make it fully opaque, and nothing I tried made any difference.

Is it the code that makes the red-dot semi-opaque in game, or is it ( as I suspect it might be ) just my pitiful Photoshop knowledge that caused the failure?

An enhanced Aimpoint sight would be awesome ( there's a lot of us Colour Blindness sufferers out there ), failing that some easy instructions on what to do to change it would be extremely welcome.

Thanks.

I think itsa the pitiful Photoshop knowledge smile_o.gif But dont worry, we've all been there...

Right, easy steps:

1. Convert .paa to .tga with texview.

2. Open the .tga in photoshop.

3. Click the channels tab (in a floating box, on the same box as the layers tab)

4. Select paint bucket.

5. Select white (as in the colour white).

6. Fill the dot with white.

7. Save as 32 bit .tga.

8. Convert to .paa and overwrite the old reflex dot.

If you want you can also change the colour of the dot (in the layers tab) to something more noticable to your vision.

Cool!

I know how to do it in The Gimp, but it doesnt handle TGA's properly. mad_o.gif

Thanks. smile_o.gif