Holy smokes that new AI is crazy impressive. It really does go to show that Bohemia really didn't step up their game (no pun intended) with the AI. It's great to see them actually use cover and come in and out of it as they should have to begin with. Not using cover is the biggest reason for all the AI lives lost during combat. Keep it up Leopard!

• Thanks 1

the missing symphony is right here the true ai mod !, congratulations very surpriseful indeed keep the work up 👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrStregatto said:

Amazing, really!

Will this be stand alone or your All In Command will be required?

It can be used stand alone. But some features won't be available.

That video was badass, looking forward to seeing more AI CQB!

@snkman check out Leopard20's video on AI on the previous page! Its a game changer!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes it's really greate already knew Leopard20 is capable of doing some great things! :thumbs-up:

Really love this very fast react and respond A.I. behaviour especially the one behind cover and in distance where A.I. is trying to dodge bullets. Very good A.I. fine tuning! :icon5:

To me ARMA A.I. really is greate to mod and to be creative but if i like to have some real fun just playing a game i pretty much prefere The Division 1 still one of my most favorite games ever and since years the only game i'm really able to enjoy playing for hours besides ARMA A.I. modding.

A.I. which Leopard20 shows pretty much remindes me on those Division 1 A.I. behaviours fast react and respond but as already mentioned by Leopard20 this pretty much will be used by player A.I. only guess if you would run those behaviour calculations on each single A.I. unit of the game it may would be too expensive in terms of code usage and calculations.

But it's defenetly a greate addition to A.I. in general!

Can't wait to see what and how he did this! :icon5:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's amazing!

Are you considering to use the SW for your mod?

32 minutes ago, snkman said:

Yes it's really greate already knew Leopard20 is capable of doing some great things! :thumbs-up:

Really love this very fast react and respond A.I. behaviour especially the one behind cover and in distance where A.I. is trying to dodge bullets. Very good A.I. fine tuning! :icon5:

To me ARMA A.I. really is greate to mod and to be creative but if i like to have some real fun just playing a game i pretty much prefere The Division 1 still one of my most favorite games ever and since years the only game i'm really able to enjoy playing for hours besides ARMA A.I. modding.

A.I. which Leopard20 shows pretty much remindes me on those Division 1 A.I. behaviours fast react and respond but as already mentioned by Leopard20 this pretty much will be used by player A.I. only guess if you would run those behaviour calculations on each single A.I. unit of the game it may would be too expensive in terms of code usage and calculations.

But it's defenetly a greate addition to A.I. in general!

Can't wait to see what and how he did this! :icon5:

Thanks!

The reason they move faster is because I move them myself! The basics are similar to my TSF mod (with great improvements) except instead of manual 'path drawing' I use path generation algorithms (both vanilla CalculatePath and two extra ones written by myself, one for moving on and into objects and one for the terrain). Animations, shooting and other stuff are handled by my custom scripts as well!

6 hours ago, Wiki said:

That's amazing!

Are you considering to use the SW for your mod?

Yes. Initially I wanted to upload it on Steam Workshop after I completed the whole mod. But I guess I'll just upload it to SW after completing addon#2

Man just watched that video again and what a game changer. Forget about the awesome new indoor nav mesh and CQB dodging type AI combat -that long distance battle toward the end just looked so engaging when its normally a pretty tiresome affair. On top of all that you have this new prettied up Action menu/Order GUI - noticed even a BI AI dev responded on your youtube page. This is real deal man, its the direction Arma has desperately needed to go for a long time and frankly i cant wait to try out this new toy

• Like 3

PS: Were you able to prevent dodging animations from ghosting thru walls/objects other units etc?

Man thought these threads woulduv merged

• Like 1

2 hours ago, froggyluv said:

PS: Were you able to prevent dodging animations from ghosting thru walls/objects other units etc?

Man thought these threads woulduv merged

More or less, yes. I've added an oneachframe code that unsticks the AI when they attemp to walk through walls (or through each other!). If you look at the video again (where I introduce you to super AI and order them to fall back to formation, ~2:00) you can see it a bit. It only unsticks them if the centers of their bodies collide.

Also, they now try their best to avoid the objects (through side stepping for example) as well as gaps in the floor (long falls)

They request a "path replanning" when they see they can't move past the object at all.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dragonfire43560 said:

AI looks great! Any estimate on release?

I'm trying my best to release it some time in October. But it depends on how much free time I get. I'm a college student, and considering the time I have to spend on my studies, gym, playing ARMA, etc. there's not much! So the release date could be even later than that.

22 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Man just watched that video again and what a game changer. Forget about the awesome new indoor nav mesh and CQB dodging type AI combat -that long distance battle toward the end just looked so engaging when its normally a pretty tiresome affair. On top of all that you have this new prettied up Action menu/Order GUI - noticed even a BI AI dev responded on your youtube page. This is real deal man, its the direction Arma has desperately needed to go for a long time and frankly i cant wait to try out this new toy

If he is hyped about something like this than it really means something! :icon2:

Really have to agree with him.

Guess since ARMA 1 A.I. animation system is kind of clunky and robotic always been one of my main issues but somehow i get used to it.

Just curious especially about the A.I. behind cover did you create your own animations or do you use any switchMove command or reduced animation tran­si­ti­on to cut them?

Wish you all the best and keep up the good work! :thumbs-up:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, snkman said:

If he is hyped about something like this than it really means something! :icon2:

Really have to agree with him.

Guess since ARMA 1 A.I. animation system is kind of clunky and robotic always been one of my main issues but somehow i get used to it.

Just curious especially about the A.I. behind cover did you create your own animations or do you use any switchMove command or reduced animation tran­si­ti­on to cut them?

Wish you all the best and keep up the good work! :thumbs-up:

I've written my own movement system. They can't move anymore (I've used disableAI "MOVE", similar to my TSF mod). Basically, I move them through continues "playMoveNow"s. I don't use switchMove. Than one results in jerky animations.

37 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

I've written my own movement system. They can't move anymore (I've used disableAI "MOVE", similar to my TSF mod). Basically, I move them through continues "playMoveNow"s. I don't use switchMove. Than one results in jerky animations.

Okay.

So in this case A.I. will not be able to follow waypoints and / or move / doMove commands. Right?

4 minutes ago, snkman said:

Okay.

So in this case A.I. will not be able to follow waypoints and / or move / doMove commands. Right?

I don't know about waypoints yet, but doMove and player-issued "Move" commands work. I'm using a trick here though! Because they normally shouldn't be able to! 😉
I'll test the waypoints once I've created the squad leader stuff. But even if it doesn't, I'll use the same trick on the squad leader!

New update available:
All-in-one Command Menu (Deluxe) - v1.1.0-Beta

# Added:
* Added flanking  sub-menu to the Move menu. In addition, an intuitive way for flanking using the Numpad buttons has been added, where you can use the numpad buttons as directional keys to tell the AI how you want to flank (e.g. Num8 to Advance, Num4 to Flank Left, etc.)
Note that the "Move into building" sub-menu has been moved into the "Defense" sub menu.
* Formation sub-menu is now accessible though a shortcut (default: 8), just like other custom menus.

# Improved:
* Medical: The medic now ejects the player and/or other units if they are unconscious inside a vehicle.

* Medical: Medics ignore the AI squad leader commands much better now.
* Medical: Significantly improved the dragging/carrying functions. There's less chance of AI passing through objects now.
* Cheats: The Add ammo cheat no longer adds randomized mags if the unit already has a mag in his weapon. This fixes a bug where AI wouldn't reload their weapons even if they had mags (because the mag was different). Also, the cheat automatically fills your current magazine now.

# Fixed:
* Custom Menus: fixed a delay in opening menus if the user was using a different keybinding than the vanilla counterpart.
* Formation menu: Fixed wrong icon for Echelon formations.
* Medical: AI wouldn't use some objects as cover when dragging/carrying.
* Medical: Fixed a bug which caused the AI to use too many medications without actually applying them.
* Medical: Fixed a bug when the AI carried the player where he constantly switched to the "carry up" animation.
* Driver mode: Fixed an error that popped up when you switched to driver mode (due to suspension in unscheduled environment)
* Ejection: Fixed several bugs in the ejection code.
* Cheats: Fixed a bug in Heal up cheat where the injury effects wouldn't be removed after being healed (my revive system only)

There could be more bug fixes that I don't remember.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leopard20 said:

New update available:
All-in-one Command Menu (Deluxe) - v1.1.0-Beta

# Added:
* Added flanking  sub-menu to the Move menu. In addition, an intuitive way for flanking using the Numpad buttons has been added, where you can use the numpad buttons as directional keys to tell the AI how you want to flank (e.g. Num8 to Advance, Num4 to Flank Left, etc.)
Note that the "Move into building" sub-menu has been moved into the "Defense" sub menu.
* Formation sub-menu is now accessible though a shortcut (default: 8), just like other custom menus.

There could be more bug fixes that I don't remember.

Excellent work.

• Like 1

Amazing work Leopard! I usually lurk these forums and never felt the need to post hence I never made an account.... however, your mod was so dang mind blowing I had to make an account just to say how amazed I am and how I look forward to your mod.

Additionally I will be donating in the hopes this wont be abandoned or severely watered down. Lastly, would it be possible to release an early development of the Super AI in it's current state to play around with it? This is what Arma has needed and I am foaming out the mouth right now just to play with it! 

Once again, awesome work and I look forward to a release of the mod!

• Thanks 1