Could this be made to hover over a spot,send down a rope and add the player to it and hoist him up?  If not could this be incorporated ,please?  Thank you.

5 hours ago, john111 said:

Could this be made to hover over a spot,send down a rope and add the player to it and hoist him up?  If not could this be incorporated ,please?  Thank you.

I don't think there's an animation for "climbing ropes" in Arma 3. I haven't seen this in community mods either (including Advanced Rappelling).
If it was possible to make a "rope ladder" I might consider using the ladder climb anim but I don't think this is possible either.

10 hours ago, badanov said:

Wow.

The medic part of this mod is amazing. 

Another mod, Project Injury Reaction, has squad members dragging a wounded squad mate out of danger, but they were really slow.

I'll have to adjust my tactics, like smoking up to allow the medic to do his business.

Truly amazing.

Well done.

Thanks.

I do plan on adding the ability to smoke up to medics as well as other squad members.

I probably won't add it in this addon though. I don't like adding too many "hacks" and "workarounds" to the vanilla AI so they can do what I want (as I do now). So I'll add it to addon#2 and my Super AI.

2 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

I don't think there's an animation for "climbing ropes" in Arma 3.

I don't think he meant climbing the rope/ladder. probably he meant HOIST him up...basically the reverse of rappelling down.

14 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

I don't think he meant climbing the rope/ladder. probably he meant HOIST him up...basically the reverse of rappelling down.

So you mean simply grabbing the rope while it unwinds/winds up...I guess that's possible. I like the idea of rope extraction/insertion. I'll add it in future updates. I still need the animation though. I suppose I can use the one in Advanced Rappelling (if @duda123 gives me permission, I'll use the animation itself, otherwise, Advanced Rappelling will be required)

1 hour ago, Leopard20 said:

So you mean simply grabbing the rope while it unwinds/winds up...I guess that's possible. I like the idea of rope extraction/insertion.

I cannot speak for him with absolute certainty, but I believe that's what he envisions/asked.

And, BTW, I like the idea of rope extraction myself. I'm sure it will be appreciated by the community if added along the line of this mod development.

Is there a manual which explains the addon’s medic features in detail? At the moment I don’t use it because I don’t exactly know how it works. 

thanks

2 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

Is there a manual which explains the addon’s medic features in detail? At the moment I don’t use it because I don’t exactly know how it works. 

thanks

As long as you don't use the Revivability cheat, there's nothing special to it. You just select Heal Up from the menu and the medic heals the wounded in your squad (it's also compatible with ACE).

The healing process, unlike vanilla or other mods, is a "progressive" one. In other words, as long as the medic is playing the "healing" animation, you are being healed continuously. Every time a medic plays the "healing" animation, he uses a "medication" (if he has Medikit, nothing is used, otherwise, FAK or ACE Morphine and ACE Bandage, and for unconscious units, ACE Epinephrine are used). Note that you should be close to the medic when he's healing you otherwise the medication will be wasted (think of it as bandaging a wound improperly or something). Also, note that medics can heal you faster than non-medic soldiers, and even if they don't have Medikit, they can use the medication more efficiently (e.g, a normal soldier might use 2-3 FAKs to fully heal someone whereas a medic might use only one).
If the patient is unconscious (ACE or vanilla), and the medic can identify the attacker, he tries to drag or carry the patient to safety first. A safe position is either one behind an object, or if there's none, a ditch or some other terrain elevation that is not visible from the attacker's position.

As for the revivability cheat, it makes you, and any unit you select when you activate the cheat, revivable. There's no limit to the number of player's deaths. But the AI can only die once per minute to be revivable. Also, every unit that becomes unconscious must be revived within 5 mins otherwise they die. If you see all your squad members are down, you can use the "heal up" cheat to give yourself a second chance!
The revivability cheat also adds "drag", "carry" and "revive" actions to the units that become unconscious, so you can revive them yourself.

If for some reason, the player becomes stuck when dragging or carrying someone, or some other "anomaly" happens, just use the "Unstick" feature; it's a general "de-bugging" code. At the moment, do not use it on unconscious units, because it might break their "unconscious" behavior.

This is brilliant. As always, this is not only a great mod but also the support which you provide to the users is outstanding!

One question on the revivability cheat for my AI squad. Is the cheat persistent when I save and load a mission again?

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, rainbow47 said:

This is brilliant. As always, this is not only a great mod but also the support which you provide to the users is outstanding!

One question on the revivability cheat for my AI squad. Is the cheat persistent when I save and load a mission again?

Yes. Even if it wasn't you could just use the cheat again.

Got it, thank you. 

On a completely different note, I was just watching your WIP video on the Super AI again. One thing which I was wondering is if all your new movement features would also work if I am going to use C2’s hud and map movement features? Are you planning to give users the option to use the SuperAI in combination with C2 and take full advantage of your AI?

8 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

Got it, thank you. 

On a completely different note, I was just watching your WIP video on the Super AI again. One thing which I was wondering is if all your new movement features would also work if I am going to use C2’s hud and map movement features? Are you planning to give users the option to use the SuperAI in combination with C2 and take full advantage of your AI?

That depends on how C2 moves the AI. If it uses the normal move commands (doMove, move, commandMove, etc.), it will be compatible. If it uses the "doStop + moveTo" trick (the one I use in AIO CMD Menu) it won't be (Super AI ignore all move commands when they're told to stop). IIRC, C2 uses the doMove command (except for the "formation drawing" feature which uses an FSM, and probably moveTo). But even if it doesn't, it can become compatible using a special variable.

I'll check compatibility with C2 once I've completed the addon. However, note that compatibility with C2 (or any other mod) is not a priority. I doubt that Super AI need it either (as I've said before, the goal is to make them better in terms of "commandability", and that implies you hardly need to tell them to do anything)

This looks amazing! As for the Super AI, would it pair well with LAMBS Danger.fsm, or will your Super AI essentially include such an improvement? Will missions made prior to using this require editing, or will it work 'out of the box' in regards to unit waypoints and the like?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, badanov said:

Take a look at this instance with your medic.

Two minutes treating me.

Most impressive as to immersion:

It shouldn't have taken that long! It was probably due to low FPS! I'll have to check this later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Broseph_Stalin90 said:

This looks amazing! As for the Super AI, would it pair well with LAMBS Danger.fsm, or will your Super AI essentially include such an improvement? Will missions made prior to using this require editing, or will it work 'out of the box' in regards to unit waypoints and the like?

Since Super AI are mainly used for the player's squad (and optionally a few other groups in your vicinity), you can still use LAMBS Danger.fsm. It doesn't work when Super AI takes over but works just fine other times (super AI doesn't overwrite the vanilla AI, so you can dynamically turn it on and off for any group during the mission using a special "control panel")

I plan to make Super AI work with waypoints too (they don't have a leader right now). So far, they can handle commands like "move", "stop" and "return to formation", etc. just like vanilla AI with no problem.

There are still some differences with the vanilla AI so if the mission maker uses them the mission might end up broken (e.g. when Super AI have a move command and reach their destination, their "currentCommand" changes to "stop", unlike vanilla AI which use " ", or "ready")

As long as the mission maker doesn't use a condition like:

if (currentCommand _unit == "") then //reached destination

there won't be any problem. Most missions use waypoints so I think there won't be any compatibility issues.

@badanov I realized what the issue was. The AI was healing you, but you were probably hit in too many areas (hit points to be exact). The medic heals every hit point one by one. But I don't use setDamage because that might actually result in more damage to the hit points.
The interesting thing is, even if all hit points are fully healed, getDammage still returns the previous damage! (but it should return the average hit point damage) It's a game bug.
I'll try to find a solution by the next release.

10 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Since Super AI are mainly used for the player's squad (and optionally a few other groups in your vicinity), you can still use LAMBS Danger.fsm.

When you say optionally does this include enemy AI? Really like being hunted by the AI (or meeting them in unexpected locations) more than anything

13 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

When you say optionally does this include enemy AI? Really like being hunted by the AI (or meeting them in unexpected locations) more than anything

Yes. It's automatically enabled for nearby units, including the enemy. I guess I shouldn't add the ability to manually enable super AI for enemy groups though. Might take away the "immersion".

@badanov I realized what the issue was. The AI was healing you, but you were probably hit in too many areas (hit points to be exact). The medic heals every hit point one by one. But I don't use setDamage because that might actually result in more damage to the hit points.
The interesting thing is, even if all hit points are fully healed, getDammage still returns the previous damage! (but it should return the average hit point damage) It's a game bug.
I'll try to find a solution by the next release.

Noooo.

I don't want a solution!

I mentioned this because I thought it was a terrible example,

1 hour ago, badanov said:

Noooo.

I don't want a solution!

I mentioned this because I thought it was a terrible example,

I know, but 2 minutes?! Come on man, you gotta admit that's TOO long! 😉

9 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

I know, but 2 minutes?! Come on man, you gotta admit that's TOO long! 😉

in real life treating someone in the field may take hours depending on the injury and the equipments, those medicines in their backpacks are just to increase the chance of surviving and gain time until the medevec extract them or an ambulance arrive, the full treatment never being done on the field only in hospitals... so 2 minutes in arma may be better if you are aiming at realism 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AirShark said:

in real life treating someone in the field may take hours depending on the injury and the equipments, those medicines in their backpacks are just to increase the chance of surviving and gain time until the medevec extract them or an ambulance arrive, the full treatment never being done on the field only in hospitals... so 2 minutes in arma may be better if you are aiming at realism 

I know. But this is still a video game and no matter how you look at this, 2 minutes is too long.

There should always be a balance between gameplay and realism. Just imagine getting hit multiple times during a mission and having to spend 2 minutes each time to heal. It will get boring eventually. Not to mention being in a combat situation and the medic (or the patient) getting killed because of being slow.

The fact that you don't get healed up instantly is real enough for me. Plus the healing process will still be longer than vanilla. 

@badanov @AirShark If you guys want "realism", I can add a slider as a "healing speed multiplier".

• Thanks 2

@badanov @AirShark If you guys want "realism", I can add a slider as a "healing speed multiplier".

That would work for me