Well Jebus is the gold standard in my opinion right now. I always use murklor been using it since arma2 there are a few other spawn scripts that you can use if you search on armaholic but jebus is currently being updated and you can use multiple purse Patrol scripts within jebus or just editor Place waypoints to make your own Patrol script.

• Like 2

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but:

Does VCOM increase the AI's ability to spot units firing tracer rounds?

I'm sure when I tested the Vanilla game a year or so ago, it seemed to make little or no difference to AI whether tracer or ball ammo was used.

Many thanks in advance

On 8/3/2018 at 3:49 PM, Steve 161st said:

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but:

Does VCOM increase the AI's ability to spot units firing tracer rounds?

I'm sure when I tested the Vanilla game a year or so ago, it seemed to make little or no difference to AI whether tracer or ball ammo was used.

Many thanks in advance

Technically, no. The AI will, by default, be quicker to recognize you.

These scripts do other things like make AI spot your IR lights with appropriate gear, see worse in heavy rain, and etc. Although...that would be an interesting mechanic. I wonder if there is a way to tell if a round is a tracer round...

3 hours ago, genesis92x said:

Technically, no. The AI will, by default, be quicker to recognize you.

These scripts do other things like make AI spot your IR lights with appropriate gear, see worse in heavy rain, and etc. Although...that would be an interesting mechanic. I wonder if there is a way to tell if a round is a tracer round...

sent you a PM.

Remote controlling an ai jolts the skill level of all ai (in and out of said ais group) to the highest one, this does it both on vanilla zeus and modded zeus.

Hi!

For some reason, I'm not being able to use userconfig configuration (we have enabled "-filePatching" parameter).

taking this into account, we've set up VCOM parameters via cba_settings.sqf, but i don't' know why, it's not working properly.

This is what is currently configured on cba_settings:

// VCOM SETTINGS
force force Vcm_ActivateAI = true;
force force VCM_ADVANCEDMOVEMENT = true;
force force VCM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH = 200;
force force VCM_AIMagLimit = 5;
force force VCM_ARTYDELAY = 300;
force force VCM_ARTYENABLE = true;
force force VCM_ARTYSPREAD = 300;
force force VCM_Debug = false;
force force VCM_FRMCHANGE = true;
force force VCM_HEARINGDISTANCE = 2000;
force force VCM_MINECHANCE = 75;
force force VCM_RAGDOLL = true;
force force VCM_RAGDOLLCHC = 50;
force force VCM_SIDEENABLED = [GUER,EAST];
force force VCM_SKILLCHANGE = true;
force force VCM_STATICARMT = 200;
force force VCM_StealVeh = true;
force force VCM_WARNDELAY = 30;
force force VCM_WARNDIST = 1500;

Thing is that when i acces CBA addon options, it doesn't follow those parameters, and the are all forced to server.

Any ideas?

Thanks

6 hours ago, linemaker said:

Remote controlling an ai jolts the skill level of all ai (in and out of said ais group) to the highest one, this does it both on vanilla zeus and modded zeus.

Interesting. I never knew this.

1 hour ago, PabloDMA said:

Hi!

For some reason, I'm not being able to use userconfig configuration (we have enabled "-filePatching" parameter).

taking this into account, we've set up VCOM parameters via cba_settings.sqf, but i don't' know why, it's not working properly.

This is what is currently configured on cba_settings:

// VCOM SETTINGS
force force Vcm_ActivateAI = true;
force force VCM_ADVANCEDMOVEMENT = true;
force force VCM_AIDISTANCEVEHPATH = 200;
force force VCM_AIMagLimit = 5;
force force VCM_ARTYDELAY = 300;
force force VCM_ARTYENABLE = true;
force force VCM_ARTYSPREAD = 300;
force force VCM_Debug = false;
force force VCM_FRMCHANGE = true;
force force VCM_HEARINGDISTANCE = 2000;
force force VCM_MINECHANCE = 75;
force force VCM_RAGDOLL = true;
force force VCM_RAGDOLLCHC = 50;
force force VCM_SIDEENABLED = [GUER,EAST];
force force VCM_SKILLCHANGE = true;
force force VCM_STATICARMT = 200;
force force VCM_StealVeh = true;
force force VCM_WARNDELAY = 30;
force force VCM_WARNDIST = 1500;

Thing is that when i acces CBA addon options, it doesn't follow those parameters, and the are all forced to server.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I'm not too familiar with CBA. Is the *force force* a command from them? 

Vcom CBA current works in a file called VCM_CBASettings.sqf, but if you don't have the mod you can't really access them. I believe with CBA you can log in as admin, change the Vcom default settings, and force save them to the server, all in-game. I believe a better implementation for the CBA settings will be to have it included in the AISettingsV3.hpp file in the userconfig folder instead. That way you can more easily modify them. For now, I'd leave -filepatching on and configure the settings how you want in the AISettingsV3.hpp file located in the userconfig folder.

Just make sure the userconfig folder is in the root folder of the server and the settings should stick.

• Like 1

Can confirm for at least 5 servers with the /userconfig/VCOM_AI/AISettingsV3.hpp in the root folder of the server, with the mod enabled on all clients and server, any change in the settings of the AISettingsV3.hpp file make absolutely no difference on the AI behaviour, e.g. disabling VCOM entirely with Vcm_ActivateAI = false; it is absolutely clear that VCOM is still influencing AI in activities such as calling in reinforcements, stealing vehicles etc. Additionally setting VCM_StealVeh = false; will not in any way prevent AI from stealing vehicles within their set radius.

EDIT

I've opened your mod, as found the VCM_CBASettings.sqf file. However I've also searched every file in the VCOM mod for reference to it and it has 1 result, in the config.hpp file. Even still, it seems the VCOM mod does use the VCM_CBASettings function but never does so succesfully, making the CBA settings obsolete. For example, leaving everything default except the debug setting (set to true) does not enable the debug mode.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, aussie battler said:

@TheNightstalk3r I fixed it by changing the side of the ai you dont want taken over.
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Side_relations

or add this code when the ai group is spawned in:

_group setVariable ["VCM_TOUGHSQUAD",true];
_group setVariable ["VCM_NORESCUE",true];

(change _group  to the name of your group)

Buuut.... I want VCOM to handle all AI, so not sure what problem you're trying to solve here :P

So I really love this mod, but has anyone found a fix for the "VCM_ARTYDELAY" error? This one specifically:

KU5xhOB.jpg

I've been searching for a while and haven't found anything. This was on singleplayer, and while I do have about 25 other mods installed none of them seem to throw any similar errors, and the only other mod that may affect the AI is C2.

genesis92x

been playing around with the script version on VCOM 3.0 and have found a couple of bugs

1- when ever I have statics on the map this pops up

16:31:08 Error in expression <VCM_fnc_ClstObj;
private _Foot = isNull objectParent _Unit;
if (_Foot) then
{
if>
16:31:08   Error position: <objectParent _Unit;
if (_Foot) then
{
if>
16:31:08   Error objectparent: Type Array, expected Object
16:31:08 File Vcom\Functions\fn_ArmStatics.sqf [VCM_fnc_ArmStatics], line 10

2- I found that using the script version with CBA running the "VcomAI_DefaultSettings.sqf" does absolutely nothing. I went in and disabled cba from being detected in  "VcomInit.sqf".

//CBA CHECK
if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "cba_main")) then {CBAACT = false;} else {CBAACT = false;};

This is the line I changed. VCOM now uses "VcomAI_DefaultSettings.sqf" without any problems.

Thanks for all your hard work on this.

• Like 1

My group adopted VCOM a few weeks ago, and so far it seems to be working well. One issue I've heard from Ares operators is that VCOM-enabled units won't listen to garrison orders, and will routinely exit their assigned garrison area to take up positions outside the building. Is there a way to force units to respect and hold to a garrison order?

• Like 1

On 06/08/2018 at 10:12 PM, genesis92x said:

Interesting. I never knew this.

I'm not too familiar with CBA. Is the *force force* a command from them? 

Vcom CBA current works in a file called VCM_CBASettings.sqf, but if you don't have the mod you can't really access them. I believe with CBA you can log in as admin, change the Vcom default settings, and force save them to the server, all in-game. I believe a better implementation for the CBA settings will be to have it included in the AISettingsV3.hpp file in the userconfig folder instead. That way you can more easily modify them. For now, I'd leave -filepatching on and configure the settings how you want in the AISettingsV3.hpp file located in the userconfig folder.

Just make sure the userconfig folder is in the root folder of the server and the settings should stick.

Unfortunately, with your suggestion you need to remove CBA as well from the used mods list. According to your mod files and some testing, having CBA enabled will overwrite whatever it written in the AISettingsV3.hpp file with either the CBA "custom settings" or default settings.

Hello!

I don't know why, but for some reason, I can't set up VCOM to just rule over EAST and IND. The only thing I see on .rpt file is this: 

13:24:16 [CBA] (settings) WARNING: Invalid value [<null>,<null>] for setting VCM_SIDEENABLED. Fall back to default value. x\cba\addons\settings\fnc_init.sqf:168

This is the way that I'm setting up VCM_SIDEENABLED on Userconfig

VCM_SIDEENABLED = [resistance,east]; //Sides that will activate Vcom AI

Also, I've edited the cba_settings (just in case) but VCOM still takes control over Blufor.

We have tried also:

VCM_SIDEENABLED = [resistance]; //Sides that will activate Vcom AI

VCM_SIDEENABLED = [GUER]; //Sides that will activate Vcom AI

No results!

Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance 

On 15/8/2018 at 8:05 PM, TheNightstalk3r said:

Can confirm for at least 5 servers with the /userconfig/VCOM_AI/AISettingsV3.hpp in the root folder of the server, with the mod enabled on all clients and server, any change in the settings of the AISettingsV3.hpp file make absolutely no difference on the AI behaviour, e.g. disabling VCOM entirely with Vcm_ActivateAI = false; it is absolutely clear that VCOM is still influencing AI in activities such as calling in reinforcements, stealing vehicles etc. Additionally setting VCM_StealVeh = false; will not in any way prevent AI from stealing vehicles within their set radius.

EDIT

I've opened your mod, as found the VCM_CBASettings.sqf file. However I've also searched every file in the VCOM mod for reference to it and it has 1 result, in the config.hpp file. Even still, it seems the VCOM mod does use the VCM_CBASettings function but never does so succesfully, making the CBA settings obsolete. For example, leaving everything default except the debug setting (set to true) does not enable the debug mode.

Same behavior here. 

Despite, we've been trying to use cba_setting, but as you mentioned, we've seen no change on any configurable parameter

I got an error with the script version every 10 sec

Init_Vcom.sqf

line 79 : _x call VCM_fnc_SquadExc;

Edit : My bad i forget to add the Cfg function inside description.ext

Edited by damsous
mistake

In the past I was unable to use your mod because over time the mission I play would become slower and slower to respond to certain functions. Over the course of say, 3 or 4 hours if I wanted to close  a hatch on a watch tower it would swing shut taking maybe 5 or 6 or 7 seconds, maybe even longer. So,...I recently decided to give it another try and I am pleased to report that I have been playing this particular go around in "Pilgrimage", for about 25 hours and fps are right where they need to be. All game functions react normally. Fire fights are so realistic! Great flanking, darting from cover to cover, even dropping mines!,...those bastards! Since I am such a shitty player I have had to make one minor adjustment in the HPP and now game play is perfect.

I want to bring up something that, at least for me, gets a bit annoying. Let's say I am in town and I pick off a few AI when suddenly an ifrit comes speeding to the rescue. The occupants will always just sit in the vehicle. Then if I just pepper them until (2) tires blow, they will jump out and engage. It is much to predictable and I wonder if you might be able to come up with a way for them to park and then hop out when it is safe, run for cover , and then look for me to then engage in combat. Maybe they could come into town, park no closer than two or three block away from the player, find cover and so on.

respectfully,...my thoughts

• Like 1

So... it seems that unfortunately this mod can't be used to improve the vanilla campaign, since it completely breaks mission triggers. I'll try and see if disabling it for player's side improves things, but that will inevitably lead to my entire squad getting wiped out... Is there any way to only disable waypoint manipulation for player's squad, as this is what seems to break things the most? (disabling flanking fixes triggers 50% of the time already).

@Matroshka

Don't use VCOM or any other major AI mod when playing the campaign or any non-dynamic mission that isn't made with the mod in mind. If you do, as you have noticed, it is going to break stuff.

On 9/11/2018 at 8:58 PM, pvt. partz said:

In the past I was unable to use your mod because over time the mission I play would become slower and slower to respond to certain functions. Over the course of say, 3 or 4 hours if I wanted to close  a hatch on a watch tower it would swing shut taking maybe 5 or 6 or 7 seconds, maybe even longer. So,...I recently decided to give it another try and I am pleased to report that I have been playing this particular go around in "Pilgrimage", for about 25 hours and fps are right where they need to be. All game functions react normally.

...well not so fast.

I am continuing my mission and I'm just taking a wild guess that I might be at about the 40 or 50 hour mark. Game play is still OK as far as fps go. The old problem of selecting from the scroll wheel has those functions slowing to a crawl. ("same as in the past").

I'm going to just say that I do run quite a few mods, and the mission is very very long sometimes, depending on how successful I am with each go around, so these facts could very well add to, or may actually be most of the cause.

The next time I play this mission I am going to keep all of my mods in place, same settings but remove VcomAI and just see how it goes.

Has anyone figure it away to make the AI use aware normal speed if no enemy units within a given radius over a set period of time. The issue is the AI groups using vcom will always be in combat and fast speed when moving to New waypoints generated by Vcom. 

47 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

Has anyone figure it away to make the AI use aware normal speed if no enemy units within a given radius over a set period of time. The issue is the AI groups using vcom will always be in combat and fast speed when moving to New waypoints generated by Vcom. 

Is this a bis thing with ai in combat or coded in function that just needs to be adapted for your mission.  I would look in to the functions and see.