Alright, couple of issues I've hit over the last couple of weeks.

First off it appears that if you have the ACE 50/50 turned on for AI (where they sometimes go unconscious rather than die outright when shot) and then have the ragdoll turned on for VCOM you end up with AI that only have a very slim chance of dying. I assume it's a stacking effect between the chance of a unit going unconscious (ACE) and a unit ragdolling (VCOM) but you end up with AI you can shoot over and over again and they just keep getting back up until you get a good "dice roll" and beat both odds.

Secondly I can't seem to get the "steals empty vehicles" option to turn off which is mostly likely on me 100% but it made last nights Zeus mission super frustrating when I had 3 trucks hidden that the players had to find and recover and every time I turned my back the AI were trying to get in them and drive off. It seemed like it was their #1 goal, they didn't give a shit about anything else, their first thought was "MUST GET IN TRUCK"

It's also funny when you come across an AI who's found an ejection seat from an aircraft that was shot down and because it's classed as a vehicle you'll have that 1 soldier who doesn't care about the war, he just wants to sit in that cool ejection seat.

One thing that would be pretty cool would be some Zeus modules to disable/enable VCOM on certain AI, that would have really helped last night keeping everything under control.
I really enjoy VCOM for the smartness of the AI, but sometimes (as someone who's only just started zeusing after years of mission making) I feel like I'm constantly fighting the VCOM AI when in Zeus.

If anyone has any tips/tricks for wrangling the smarter AI in Zeus I'd appreciate it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My userconfig file has disappeared. Anyone know where I can find a copy of the vcom one so I can add it back in?

I have not fooled around with the script in a while did the author of The Script ever fix the issue that the AI are always in fast speed in combat mode even if there's no enemy present in the area.

Is it possible to make AI guard area? Like the Hold-waypoint when they guard building, but in open area and they could also move a little bit and take cover?

Been having an issue across multiple missions where anytime we have civilians in a mission as soon as an enemy is killed in the area every civilian in that area will set a waypoint to the dead body. 

This happened with units spawned by ALiVE or placed in the editor.

I placed a

side != "CIV"

check in the AI spawning loop and that seemed to fix the issue, although I'm terrible with code so while it work it probably isn't the best way to do things.

@genesis92x I have been looking  at VCOM 3.0 as i planned to use it for some infantry features.I sent you a PM with some issues regarding flank feature.

I have since discovered another issue with the init variable : 

(group this) setVariable ["VCM_NOFLANK",true];

It does indeed work as intended,however,it also causes the group who has it applied to them from being able to call for back up.

(group this) setVariable ["VCM_TOUGHSQUAD",true];

This command will stop the AI squad from calling for backup. This commands effect seems to also somehow incorporate into the "no flank" command variable.

Iv tested it repeatedly with a backup call distance default and customised.

If anyone here wants to test to confirm,you can replicate by setting (group this) setVariable ["VCM_NOFLANK",true]; in a groups init,and spawn some enemies or pre placed enemies next to them.Have a group of infantry within the backup radius and watch if they actually come to assist.In my tests they will not,until i remove the no flank variable from the group under attack and requesting support.

20181103162315_1.jpg

Ignore the weather, 

Just curious about the pop-up in the corner, is that some sort of VCOM de-bug mode, and if so how would I disable it/ hide it?

4 hours ago, jarrad96 said:

Just curious about the pop-up in the corner, is that some sort of VCOM de-bug mode, and if so how would I disable it/ hide it?

That is the debug, you can disable it through the configure addons menu in game or in the userconfig file.

hi, all! did anyone test rearm feature? my try with RHS units and ammo crates wasnt successful.

placed two fireteams at distance about 250-300 meters with counter-directed waypoints. both had ammo level 0% and ammo crate near their start positions. teamleader gave orders to others to rearm, units approached to the crate but noone took ammo from.

same thing with 10% starting ammo level. units fired out their only mag and all remained on their places, ignoring teamleader`s orders to rearm.

should i try it with vanilla units first?

On 04/11/2018 at 9:40 AM, TonyStarkBR said:

AI drag the unconscious to a safe place would also be cool.

lmao

16 minutes ago, velzevul said:

hi, all! did anyone test rearm feature? my try with RHS units and ammo crates wasnt successful.

placed two fireteams at distance about 250-300 meters with counter-directed waypoints. both had ammo level 0% and ammo crate near their start positions. teamleader gave orders to others to rearm, units approached to the crate but noone took ammo from.

same thing with 10% starting ammo level. units fired out their only mag and all remained on their places, ignoring teamleader`s orders to rearm.

should i try it with vanilla units first?

Setting ammo levels from unit attributes will affect current mag,not over all count of mags i believe. Rearm is working,with a few quirks but thats vanilla related i would say. That leader approaching thing does happen to me too however.

3 hours ago, redarmy said:

Setting ammo levels from unit attributes will affect current mag,not over all count of mags i believe. Rearm is working,with a few quirks but thats vanilla related i would say. That leader approaching thing does happen to me too however.

thank you. will test more.

On 04.11.2018 at 2:40 AM, TonyStarkBR said:

AI drag the unconscious to a safe place would also be cool.

VTN mod has this feature.

@genesis92x I did alot of further testing.In regards to units going AWOL- I have found that units upon finishing contact with an enemy,will alot of the time move by themselves(no waypoints/squad leader sometimes static) to a building that has infantry in it....wether or not they know about the enemy there.They then clear the building and proceed to the next building(anywhere one the map,i had a few squads travel 5KM to three locations,clear it and finally then return back to its original position.

I have been testing about 4 hours now and this behaviour happens 50% or more of the time...usually followed OR preceeded by an error message regarding garrison Light function of Vcom.

private _TempA = [selectRandom _BuildingPositions] call BIS_fnc_buildingPositions;
private _GroupUnits = units _this;
if (count _TempA > 0) then
{
    {
        private _Foot = isNull objectParent _x;
        if (_Foot) then
        {
            private _BuildingLocation = selectRandom _TempA;
            _x doMove _BuildingLocation;
            [_x,_BuildingLocation] spawn 
            {

This is the part of script the error shows 

This behaviour also happens even if i place enemy in buildings either with Vcom hold WP,CBA defend(which uses garison feature) both ways assign units positions inside structures...but it also happens even if I place units in the building and disable pathing ((group this) setVariable ["VCM_NORESCUE",true]; in their init also doesnt stop them attempting to generate a move WP).

currently its breaking alot of scenarios on my end,i hope someone can reproduce or you can take a look.In the meantime is there anyway to disable VCOMs building clearing type functions on certain sides/groups or altogether?

Taking a look at the script version(issues occur on mod version) if i remove this line from the cfgFunctions.hpp...

//[] call VCM_fnc_GarrisonLight;
        class GarrisonLight;

...Will VCOM simply not execute any garrison behaviour?(Thus fixing the issue i have above?) ..or could it break something else vital to other functionality?

two questions:

Awhile back VCOM was suppose to allow troops to surrender. Is this feature abandoned?

Has the conflict between ALIVE and VCOM been solved?

Thanks

26 minutes ago, piggypotpie said:

two questions:

Awhile back VCOM was suppose to allow troops to surrender. Is this feature abandoned?

Has the conflict between ALIVE and VCOM been solved?

Thanks

1. I don't think this feature was ever present, and from the looks of things it is not being developed
  2. Probably. It is best you check for yourself, and if it is still present, make a issue on Github.

13 minutes ago, Freddo3000 said:

@redarmy

This has been resolved on the Github repo, though it is still waiting to be pushed to Steam. Check it out here.

Thanks Freddo3000

so you mean there is a fix internally already for this and it will be released in next update?

Hi @Freddo3000 or @genesis92x  I had another question.

Is this normal in VCOM 3.0...

I disabled resistance side from VCOM totally via the addon configuration ingame,and all is ok with that,they do not generate waypoints,flank or use VCOMs combat functions(was really fun testing vcom blufor vs IND side vanilla in urban setting)

However i also noticed that now BLUFOR(who do have VCOM on) will no longer respond to resistant sides engaging other BLUFOR.Infact they wont even have the audible range setting apply to them if it is resistant who are firing weapons....I spawned in some OPFOR,they fired and blue responded to that.

Is this intentional or a bug? I was hoping to keep Resistance side not generating waypoints or using anything VCOM,while still having BLUFOR use responsive manouvers and have audible range of enemies.

Cheers

15 hours ago, redarmy said:

Hi @Freddo3000 or @genesis92x  I had another question.

Is this normal in VCOM 3.0...

I disabled resistance side from VCOM totally via the addon configuration ingame,and all is ok with that,they do not generate waypoints,flank or use VCOMs combat functions(was really fun testing vcom blufor vs IND side vanilla in urban setting)

However i also noticed that now BLUFOR(who do have VCOM on) will no longer respond to resistant sides engaging other BLUFOR.Infact they wont even have the audible range setting apply to them if it is resistant who are firing weapons....I spawned in some OPFOR,they fired and blue responded to that.

Is this intentional or a bug? I was hoping to keep Resistance side not generating waypoints or using anything VCOM,while still having BLUFOR use responsive manouvers and have audible range of enemies.

Cheers

Thanks for the well written report, Freddo has made a bug report on the github, will take a look into it.