All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. In BIOS disable iGPU/ Dual Graphics and connect monitor to RX 580.
  3. Smart Games

Structured Text with Variables?

I tried something like that: _var1 = "HI"; _var2 = "You"; titleText [_var1<br/>_var2, "PLAIN", -1, true, true]; It's not working
  4. Mcnab.D

3CB BAF Vehicles

thank you for the reply. i will submit a ticket on there github. wont hold my breath though.
  5. specialsmith

LAMBS Improved Danger.fsm

Just wanted to thank you@nkenny for great work on the mod! I’ve been reading this thread since you posted it. We already ran our weekend long LAN-party using this and other LAMBS mods. No complaints, and everybody were happy with the firefights we had. Will continue to follow this development and contribute with feedback from our games whenever such is recorded. :) Thank you!
  6. killzone_kid

Structured Text with Variables?

Does example on biki not work for you? https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/titleText
  7. Kuljack

cheaters

People can see you in a bush, bushes aren’t full proof cover is someone is looking for you. Sometimes people see you from far away and stalk you, maybe they knew you were in the bush cause they saw you go in? I have seen more and more ‘teams’ lately in solo. I don’t get their focus though, it’s a small advantage for less crates. I guess if they need the advantage and can’t compete in real duos.
  8. johnnyboy

JBOY Point Blank Melee

I love it. Gonna try it out later (need to focus on work now, instead of this stuff that is 1000 times more interesting to me). Thanks for the guidelines.
  9. Kuljack

3rd person / ADS

It’s a bug unfortunately
  10. LSValmont

JBOY Point Blank Melee

I follow these guidelines for most of my scripts now: https://ace3mod.com/wiki/development/coding-guidelines.html#84-unscheduled-vs-scheduled CBA_fnc_waitAndExecute is basically a sleep but for the unscheduled environment. By the way assignedTarget won't fire if the simulation on the unit is disabled so you will only be checking on dynamic enabled units basically. It seems pretty performance friendly if you ask me!
  11. johnnyboy

JBOY Point Blank Melee

Thanks LSValmont! This is a great start. What's the advantage of CBA_fnc_waitAndExecute? I'm not familiar with it.
  12. johnnyboy

JBOY Point Blank Melee

Bummer dude. Thanks for saving me the research time! So now the question is how to write a loop monitoring AI that doesn't bog the engine down. Some ideas: Only monitor 2 of the 3 enemy factions (east, west, independent), which would still cover all possible enemy close contacts. Start loops with long sleeps initially that detect when enemy ai within 10 meters of each other. Once detected, cut sleeps down to .5 seconds until units within 2 meters of each other (or jack sleeps back up when one unit dies, or distance grows > 10 meters again). Run one loop for all AI in 2 factions (i.e., not a loop per per ai unit which would be too many processes running). In the loop, only check unique set of Enemy AI pairs so not redundantly testing EastUnit1 vs. WestUnit1 and WestUnit1 vs. EastUnit1. Reduce set of AI to check to those within 200 meters of a player, and those whose simulation is enabled, and behaviour is not CARELESS. What else? Anybody have suggestions for such a monitoring loop?
  13. LSValmont

JBOY Point Blank Melee

CBA option: meleeRangeAiCheck_fnc = { { if (alive _x && !(lifeState _x isEqualTo "INCAPACITATED") && alive (assignedTarget _x) && !(lifeState (assignedTarget _x) isEqualTo "INCAPACITATED") && (_x distance (assignedTarget _x) < 4)) then { [_x,(assignedTarget _x)] spawn JBOY_fnc_pointBlankMelee; }; } forEach allUnits - allPlayers; // loop to check every 3 + random 3 seconds: [ meleeRangeAiCheck_fnc, [], (3 + (random 3)) ] call CBA_fnc_waitAndExecute; }; Not tested, should work for Ai vs. Ai and Ai vs. Player situations.
  14. I took a quick look at your code, and yeah, it's pretty much the same general idea - except yours is a lot cleaner! ^^ As to what composition gets spawned, in Ravage it's basically one compo per house type - but each element of the composition has a random chance to (not) spawn. The random selection process is semi-procedural, so the results are identical on each client - no need to synchronise (the only thing that needs to be sync'd is whenever an object has been looted). Another difference is that I sort of cache objects to avoid the constant creation & deletion : instead of deleting furniture and having to respawn them back, I just hide them and move them deep underground between frames. The cache handles 150 objects max - it's only once that limit is reached that the script starts deleting and spawning objects again. That made a huge difference performance-wise. Good point regarding AI interactions on dedicated servers, I never thought about that.
  15. May I ask for a chance to spawn parked vehicles also? Like L_ambiDrive_maxCivs = 20; L_ambiDrive_parkedPercent = 10; End result: 2 cars will spawn parked (and empty) and 18 will spawn on the move. Also ambiDrive is lacking this config vars that ambiCivs have: L_ambiCivs_deleteCheckInterval = 4; // How often the script checks in on spawned civilians in seconds L_ambiCivs_spawnCheckInterval = 1; // How often the script will try to spawn a new civilian in seconds Those would also be very useful for ambiDrive so that to delay the spawning/despawning of civ vehicles! Thank you!
  16. Today
  17. Only for PhysX simulated objects iirc, so cars and pretty much any kind of vehicle - but it won't trigger if the objects are foot units.
  18. johnnyboy

JBOY Point Blank Melee

Just had a thought: EpeContact eventhandler. Supposedly, this event detects collisions between 2 objects. If this idea works, then we can add an event handler to all AI units and zeds. When this event fires, we check if 2nd object is an enemy, and if so call my script. That would eliminate the need to monitor AI closeness via a script. Hope to try this out tonight or tomorrow. It might not work if units refuse to fire on each other when not close enough to fire a collision event. We can hope though...
  19. I would like to create a Startscreen with black background like this: Mission Name //text given by first variable Made by Me //text given by second variable But I am not able to create two titletexts at the same time. So i tried to use titletext with structured text: titleText [_var1 <br/>_var2,"PLAIN",-1,false,true]; //not working Any Ideas?
  20. Yeah and that is good for optimization but in my scenario there are several groups of players all over the map so I cannot have just a bunch of them spawn enemy patrols while the rest of players elsewhere waits for them to step out of their markers so other markers can spawn enemies. Your loop is great when you are forcing players to stay together rather than the open world scenario I am doing. Also I've set up a very strong cache/dynamic simulation for ai units so as soon as players get far from a spawned enemy patrol that AI just goes offline until the players return, so I still get a quite good performance even with lots of makers activated. Also I don't want to go the trigger way... that some other scripters use... I find that kinda unnecessary given how optimal some new commands and loops can be... controlling all the markers from one single loop instead of 120 triggers + markers is so much easier and clean.
  21. Only tested my script local and alone and player command works there, but as LSValmont said, does _distanceMarkers = _markers apply {[player distance getmarkerpos _x, _x]}; work in MP if script is spawned from initserver? @LSValmont The main loop stops when a player is near one the markers from the array because of the waituntil in the if then. It starts the loop again when player is outside of the radius.
  22. I want to select any markers with players inside their radius and if true they (the markers positions) are used to spawn an enemy patrol on those "activated" marker/s and then the marker/s must be deleted and also taken out of the main markers array so the main loop stops checking for that/those markers that had already been activated by nearby players.... By the way I am following the ACE 3 guidelines for most of my scripts so: https://ace3mod.com/wiki/development/coding-guidelines.html#72-scheduled-vs-unscheduled and https://ace3mod.com/wiki/development/coding-guidelines.html#84-unscheduled-vs-scheduled
  23. Player is only valid when the script runs on a players machine. You can also run scripts on the players machine in MP. You could let each player run their own loop. Or you do that for every player in allPlayers, but what do you wanna select then? the marker with the closest player, the marker with the most close players?
  24. I believe this only works in Single Player right: _distanceMarkers = _markers apply {[player distance getmarkerpos _x, _x]}; How could we do the same but with any player in MP?
  25. Hello, I'm using BIS_fnc_ambientFlyBy to spawn aircraft that fly a set route. I am trying to find out how to get the unit name of the aircraft so that I can then do things to the spawned unit, such as limit its speed, set velocity and teleport AI into the aircraft. Does anyone have any ideas?
  26. Matt Hejl

3rd person / ADS

What is the method? I know if you go 3rd and then click the stick it will ADS, but then after that...it sticks to where I am always aiming down sights, but then sometimes reverts back to 3rd person. This screws me up on encounters, especially when its a surprise type attack. Is it me doing something wrong or what?
  27. johnnyboy

JBOY Point Blank Melee

Haha, I'd take you up on that but you dress to frithified for me. I do like the TWERP double/triple/quadruple taps as well (Terminate With ExtReme Prejudice). Makes for a nice brutal ending to a close encounter. If any Ravage AI guys want this they are welcome to it. They just have to write some code to sense when 2 AI are within 2 meters of each other.
  1. Load more activity