bis_iceman

Vehicle Interiors - Feedback

Fantasy! Crew have turned on the light, in their dark room)))

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@bis_iceman it's beautiful....

Here's a short video of the commander, gunner and driver position on the AMV-7 Marshall

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Oh god, please also fix the Kamysh hatches, so it'll be possible to turn out in that vehicle! Most awesome.

• Like 4

Ah very nice, tank you, tank you very much!

...Aaaaaand can we expect more interiors?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

Ah very nice, tank you, tank you very much!

...Aaaaaand can we expect more interiors?

All armored vehicles are getting them! :D

interesting and well done.

a bug: on the AFV4 gorgon, when the driver is in the "exposed" position, we see his feet, whose right is stretched to the ground (named selection encompassed with something else?)

16 minutes ago, witchitaito_lodu said:

interesting and well done.

a bug: on the AFV4 gorgon, when the driver is in the "exposed" position, we see his feet, whose right is stretched to the ground (named selection encompassed with something else?)

Known issue, animators are already fixing it :)

• Like 4

Oh my goodness! This is fuckin awesome! Now I have to make interiors for my tanks otherwise they'll be shit haha!

Out of curiosity, can someone from BI explain to me how they actually implemented the interior? It doesnt seem to be 'apart' of the vehicle model which makes me think its a separate mesh or whole LOD all together? 

• Haha 1

Just want to say, this has made my day. They're really nice. So excited to check them out myself. Tanks is shaping up to be a great DLC. Thanks a lot!

p.s. maybe too early to ask this but will this mean that APDS/APFSDS rounds can kill individual crew and/or damage electronics sub-systems represented by the interiors?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Oh my goodness! This is fuckin awesome! Now I have to make interiors for my tanks otherwise they'll be shit haha!

Out of curiosity, can someone from BI explain to me how they actually implemented the interior? It doesnt seem to be 'apart' of the vehicle model which makes me think its a separate mesh or whole LOD all together? 

view -pilot lod perhaps?

• Like 1

Im ecstatic to hear about this news! Way to go team. Hoping on dev branch right now!  2.0

They look awesome. Much more than I would have dreamed of.

20 minutes ago, lexx said:

It's still in. You toggle it with right click, just as you switch between the interior / commander view, etc.

Yes, but it doesn't serve any purpose anymore?

It still does. Has a different FOV and some folks might not like the "cluttered" screen / scene. Personally, I would likely not use it anymore, but other folks might still.

Overall looks really nice !

Found a small issue with the commander hatch materials of the Gorgon, looks like it's transparent :

84gdmB0.jpg

Also, the commander MFD of the Marid has a typo : ОБУЛЕНИЕ (should be ОБНУЛЕНИЕ). Although this is a direct word-to-word translation, a more appropriate word for weapon zeroing in russian would be Range / ДАЛЬНОСТЬ (source)

BTW, it is a bit weird to have a russian MFD on the right and RANGE and MODE : VIS/NV/TI on the weapon optronic in english.

BnTQ4is.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, NoPOW said:

Yes, but it doesn't serve any purpose anymore?

Some of the vehicles have goggles-less night vision in the optics mode - it's acting like a DVE. The prisms themselves don't show night vision unless you look through them wearing goggles that limit your FOV.

Changing vision mode in DVE optics also allows changing the PiP camera (reversing camera) to night vision. There's also a new keybind for changing PiP vision modes to match optics without going in to optics themselves. That was added a few builds ago, but it's kind of a pain in the arse to reverse just so you can check what vision mode will pop up on the reversing cam when cycling them.

Very impressive BI. Good job! This is like the good old Operation Flashpoint days, or ahrem.. ARMA Cold War Assault :P "Tanks" for putting effort into this :) We already have so many beautifully crafted interiors for other vehicles, nice to see the armored ones getting some love to make the game more consistent.

I have one question though, and it may be tough to answer now, but I'll try anyhow.

Are you planning to make alterations to the way "Pilot view" (the cockpit LOD) works? Right now, it overlays the exterior model and effects . Someone recently pointed out the shell casings on the prowler gunner "disappearing" because they are masked by the pilot FOV. I would like to see interior effects such as smoke, armor piercing sparks, blood, etc. Is it possible to filter some effects out so that only effects that originate from the player vehicle will "clip through" the interior model? I think it would require some engine-level tweaks, but here's hoping :) It would make the game ever so more immersive if you could see sparks flying inside the tank if it got struck by AP rounds going through.

Either way, very much wanted improvement with the new interior models. Fantastic news! Made my weekend! Many thanks!

• Like 3