LJ, There is a small problem with the sound of movement. Or is it a problem with vanilla animations? I'm not sure
If the player character uses the pistol and is in a crouch, then while sprinting (W+shift) the rhythm of the sound of players steps is not correct.
This sound runs like a horse, but not like man. 

For comparison, you can take up your primary weapon and do sprint. You will hear the normal rhythm of the steps. 
LJ please fix this, in next update if possible.

I can confirm that! I noticed when I played as civilian.. 

Versionning is a pain; we should use release dates as version numbers! ^^

For mods that are updated regularly this is a great idea....TPW MOD has been doing it this way from it's original release, works a treat and causes no confusion....apologies for veering of topic slightly.  :)

For mods that are updated regularly this is a great idea....TPW MOD has been doing it this way from it's original release, works a treat and causes no confusion....apologies for veering of topic slightly.  :)

Well then lets get back on topic then please ;)

• Like 1

Just for one last time: What the first page on this topic says, matters! Not someone telling you a version, not pws, not anything else... Just what I tell you! Because I must know, right?

Good.

LJ

• Like 2

This is what I get when searching for JSRS on PWS:

geP3qsp.jpg

:yay:

JSRS3: DragonFyre (latest v2.0.1), JSRS 2 (latest v2.2), JSRS 2 LITE (latest v1.0), JSRS3: DragonFyre 2.5 (latest v1.1), JSRS3: DragonFyre LITE (latest v1.0.0.2), JSRS3: DragonFyre EDEN (latest v1.4.0.1)

:yay:

This is confusing as heck for someone who didn't follow the mods development over time.

I only install it from the links on the first page for this very reason.

I'd kindly suggest for the PWS people to remove all but the latest version of JSRS, that would clear up most confusions for beginners/newbies.

Curious about the Apex release, it's always a pleasure to go through various weapons/vehicles and see what has changed.

Cheers

• Like 4

And that's exactly the problem. All of them need to be deleted to stop this confusion...

LJ

So finally...

The JSRS4 APEX 1.0 release is here!

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187343-jsrs4-apex/?p=2966265

So, now again to the confusing topic: This is the 4th mod, JSRS4! The name of this mod is APEX as it covers the new content, and the version of this 4th mod is 1.0!

So, please, delete all old files you have, even the 1.4RC version of the third JSRS (JSRS3 DragonFyre EDEN 1.4). Everything gotta go! This is a stand alone mod. Also this goes to PWS and ArmAholic, please delete the old mods as those tend to cause malfunctions as ArmA got updated and many changes coming our way.

The full release of APEX with probably change a few things again, so basically you can use the stable and the apex preview, but as soon as APEX gets released (somewhere around July I think) you can switch back to stable and it should work fine.

Due to the fact that most vehicles are not final ingame yet, I decided to add the missing vehicle contents of APEX later, probably when APEX hits the stable branch.

LJ

• Like 7

Congratulations on the release LJ ! And perfect timing as I am about to start a full day of playing Arma ;)

Congrats LJ.

Aural Pleasure Emitting X-factor. 

• Like 1

So with the stuff in the EXTRAS folder.If I have all the DLC and only play SP, I should add all of that into Addons?

Seems to be an issue with the SPAR-17. you only hear the echo and sonic crack when firing it suppressed. Everything else sounds amazing though-i love the sounds for the SPAR-16

Awesome, thanks a lot !!

Question:

I still have "JSRS DragonFyre 2.5 - RHS" running ... isn´t it working anymore or does it cause malfunctions now?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks very much for release LJ, much appreciated as usual.

Still getting this popup running dev:

popup2.jpg

• Like 1

popup2.jpg

That doesn't have anything to do with JSRS though does it?

That doesn't have anything to do with JSRS though does it?

It could; it's usually related to config inheritance problems.

Haven't downloaded JSRS4 yet though, so I can't confirm.

So with the stuff in the EXTRAS folder.If I have all the DLC and only play SP, I should add all of that into Addons?

Seems to be an issue with the SPAR-17. you only hear the echo and sonic crack when firing it suppressed. Everything else sounds amazing though-i love the sounds for the SPAR-16

The content under extras is for the APEX weapons and the movement sounds on Tanoa island. The "jsrsapex_reloadingsounds..." are for normal and apex weapons, either separated. Those are the sounds that cause the server rpt problems and you can decide to use them or not. The reloading sounds can be allowed on the server via the jsrs_apex_handling.bikey! The reloading sounds have a different signature as well.

Awesome, thanks a lot !!

Question:

I still have "JSRS DragonFyre 2.5 - RHS" running ... isn´t it working anymore or does it cause malfunctions now?

Thanks in advance!

I think that wont work properly anymore and can be deleted. The sound engine has been changed since the release of this RHS pack I made! And if you have trouble with it or anything, I dont support it anymore.

popup2.jpg

I only support Stable or Apex preview build ;)

LJ

Testing it right now and like it so far. 

However, the LIM-85 (The M249 Para alike) does have two fire modes. Both sound different with JSRS. (I think only the first mode, the slow one is changed by JSRS)

Testing it right now and like it so far. 

However, the LIM-85 (The M249 Para alike) does have two fire modes. Both sound different with JSRS. (I think only the first mode, the slow one is changed by JSRS)

Yeah thats one of the things I have no clue how to fix it. The fast firemode is based on the slow one, if I type that into the config however, the fast mode is as slow as the slow one... weird!

LJ

Anyone else having the SPAR-17 issue? only can hear the echo and sonic crack when suppressed-no sound of the actual shot.

popup2.jpg

I'm getting the same issue on Apex Sneak Peek branch too,

I also experience the silenced SPAR-17 issue, can't hear the firing itself.

• Like 1

JSRS4 creates a reloading and reloadingAPEX-something dependency in an editor mission files. Gotta fix that?

In fact today I've learned the hard way not to binarize editor mission files because JSRS3 was creating a Dragonfyre_P07 dependency which made mission unopenable and all JSRS3 download links are dead so only a fake dummy config creating that class helped to load my mission.

JSRS4 creates a reloading and reloadingAPEX-something dependency in an editor mission files. Gotta fix that?

In fact today I've learned the hard way not to binarize editor mission files because JSRS3 was creating a Dragonfyre_P07 dependency which made mission unopenable and all JSRS3 download links are dead so only a fake dummy config creating that class helped to load my mission.

Pro tip: Always ever launch those mods that are needed for the mission. Otherwise stuff like this happens.

(Maybe besides mods like 3denhance)

Yes I've noticed the same exact thing. Something changed recently and strictly clientside only mods are creating dependencies when they never ever did in the past.

I almost fluffed a mission of mine because I had LSD's Full Screen Night Vision in the launcher when I saved my mission file. It had never ever happened to me before.

This is definitely a good word or warning for JSRS mission makers.

• Like 1

I'm getting the same issue on Apex Sneak Peek branch too,

I also experience the silenced SPAR-17 issue, can't hear the firing itself.

I have that error without any JSRS - I think its a Dev Branch issue....I think?

• Like 1

I have that error without any JSRS - I think its a Dev Branch issue....I think?

Quite possible-Dev branch updates every day so the weapon may have changed slightly since LJ made JSRS APEX. I'm on Dev as well.