Well I'm definitely loading it in some way, as the JSRS modfolder appears in the mod list.

But is there a mod icon in you main menu when you start ArmA? And is it in the list under Settings/Expansions/JSRS?

LJ

Nope

There you go, no mod has been loaded. There ist a problem somewhere else.

Is your ArmA maintained by steam? You have it in the steamApps/common folder? How do you start your ArmA?

Best way to start is by the launcher. There you select the mods and it should be working.

LJ

LJ just a question, your previous version is still compatible with 1.60 or APEX right?

Just asking because I haven't decided yet which version to use.

No, the 1.4 RX build is for the latest ArmA 1.60 stable branch. The Apex content will be in the final release. The next version will be just JSRS APEX as I want to go simple for once ;)

ClaZaGQXIAExPvR.jpg

LJ

• Like 6

Oh my god, I am such an idiot.

I just worked out why it wasn't working: the A3 launcher was trying to load the serverside files subfolder instead of the main folder, hence it ignoring the mod.cpp and everything else within it.

Sorry for wasting your time with my incompetence :)

• Like 2

Oh my god, I am such an idiot.

I just worked out why it wasn't working: the A3 launcher was trying to load the serverside files subfolder instead of the main folder, hence it ignoring the mod.cpp and everything else within it.

Sorry for wasting your time with my incompetence :)

No Problemo. Glad you figured it out:)

LJ

• Like 2

Updated mod v1.4 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Why does it have a different mod folder name than OPs distrib (there it is @DragonFyreEden\)? Also, 718 vs. 594 MByte unpacked.

Why does it have a different mod folder name than OPs distrib (there it is @DragonFyreEden\)? Also, 718 vs. 594 MByte unpacked.

Because six might have mixed the mods and "updated" the old one. Please use the link given in the first post here, it's from my server and I can guarantee it's the correct version. Delete everything of JSRS you had before!!!

LJ

Ps: anyone a word to the logo I made?

• Like 1

[...] anyone a word to the logo I made?

Sleek, nice work.

Would use png though as the encoding artifacts are very noticable at the corners with jpg.

All sounds great except tank rounds fly-by. Its very buggy, please use vanilla replacement. Missle hit (SABOT) and i hear fly over like from 152mm. I'm using RHS.

Hey guys!

I watched a video on youtube about this mod and I was well impressed. Only thing is I've gone and downloaded it and I can't hear any gunshots, just the cracks from the rounds.

Firstly I tried with multiplayer and noticed the issue then on editor and same thing, tried restarting and tried without the mod (works fine without loading the mod)

Any ideas what the cause is?

Thanks.

Wildcard,

If you're using PWS, they appear to have the server side files as the 1.4 update.  I kept trying and could hear everything except gunshots; so, download the update direct from the first post, bin the current PWS version, and it works perfectly.  If you're not using PWS then not sure what's up, sorry!  You're in for a treat once you get it working though, brilliant mod and outstanding work from LJ and big thanks for sharing your hard work.

Regards 

Wildcard,

If you're using PWS, they appear to have the server side files as the 1.4 update.  I kept trying and could hear everything except gunshots; so, download the update direct from the first post, bin the current PWS version, and it works perfectly.  If you're not using PWS then not sure what's up, sorry!  You're in for a treat once you get it working though, brilliant mod and outstanding work from LJ and big thanks for sharing your hard work.

Regards 

Thanks for the response, I don't understand what you mean by PWS?

(Sorry been away from the game since Arma 2 lol)

Yeah looks really good, improves the game by miles when the sounds good!

Thanks for the response, I don't understand what you mean by PWS?

(Sorry been away from the game since Arma 2 lol)

Yeah looks really good, improves the game by miles when the sounds good!

PWS = Play withSix

Ah, I am using that!

Could I get it working and still use PWS?

Maybe download it manually and wait until PWS fixes it. Should take too long I guess! ^^

Maybe download it manually and wait until PWS fixes it. Should take too long I guess! ^^

That's a big ask! Don't think I've manually added a mod since the Operation Flashpoint days! Lol!

That's a big ask! Don't think I've manually added a mod since the Operation Flashpoint days! Lol!

I can remember that you can setup a startup parameter in PWS. On there you can setup a -mod=@modname parameter as usual. 

However, if you need a bit more help, write me a pM and I'll try to help you navigate through it somehow (we don't need to be to much OT here ^^)

• Like 1

Wildcard,

I'm far from an expert on mods so I've got through by trial and error and paying attention to certain names on forums, but I do quite like PWS.  I've manually downloaded the 1.4 update from the link on the first page of this discussion, extracted the file to the same folder that PWS uses for mods (I've used 7z to unzip the file) and then added the mod to my PWS game profile as a local file and that works fine.  Once PWS has the file sorted I'll simply go back to that as I find it easier to keep stuff updated...except of course when the update doesn't work!!  Hope that helps,

Regards

• Like 1

Sleek, nice work.

Would use png though as the encoding artifacts are very noticable at the corners with jpg.

Thanks Mate. The logo was a smaller one copied from Twitter so it has a rather bad resolution.

All sounds great except tank rounds fly-by. Its very buggy, please use vanilla replacement. Missle hit (SABOT) and i hear fly over like from 152mm. I'm using RHS.

Yes I agree on that. There was rather no real reason for those flyby sounds. I'll cut them out.

Thank for taking my criticism.  I'm not talking about subsonic vs supersonic ammo.  I went bath to 1.3 and gun shots, suppressed or not, are LOUDER.

Outgoing sonic cracks seem to be an engine limitation.  As in, there are none.

Oh now that's really interesting. I guess it's a thing with the new ogg file format. It might use .wss better and produce louder sounds. I'll take a deeper look and maybe make a direct comparison about the situation. Of course the weapons should stay loud. Thanks for the hint.

LJ

• Like 3

Oops, Not again :( will take a look...

It surely is a limitation there. The engine does not make a difference between normal and subsonic ammunition. In case you use subsonic ammo there would still be a crack audible. That is not supposed to happen. And the soniccracks doesn't work realistically in ArmA. They are only audible if you are in the line of fire, but they don't produce an crack if you are not in that line. Sry but that's just the way it is with ArmA...

Well I'm sry to hear that. Can't please everyone I guess ;)

LJ

Acutally. Arma3 Engine handles super-sonic and "crack" sound pretty well. Arm an AI with a suppressed .45 and let him shoot you, you'll feel the difference.  :)

Creating sonic cracks' echoing from mountains is not achieveable without a script. But somehow it can be mimiced with config edits -- higher volume, larger range of environmental tail sound. Since the only subsonic ammo in-game is .45, so it might be ideal to increase the volume and hearable range of suppressed tail sounds for all other weapons, except for vector and 1911. Default JSRS value is 220, which is good for small caliber rifles, but somehow it feels lack of power for 7.62s & larger weapons.

Yours,

gpgpgpgp

Acutally. Arma3 Engine handles super-sonic and "crack" sound pretty well. Arm an AI with a suppressed .45 and let him shoot you, you'll feel the difference.  :)

Creating sonic cracks' echoing from mountains is not achieveable without a script. But somehow it can be mimiced with config edits -- higher volume, larger range of environmental tail sound. Since the only subsonic ammo in-game is .45, so it might be ideal to increase the volume and hearable range of suppressed tail sounds for all other weapons, except for vector and 1911. Default JSRS value is 220, which is good for small caliber rifles, but somehow it feels lack of power for 7.62s & larger weapons.

Yours,

gpgpgpgp

Well that's what I did in the earlier releases so I'll redo that and will increase the overall volume a little. Also it is quiet possible to have different tails for different ammunition types based on the weapons using them. So I'll find a decent way, I'm sure :)

LJ

• Like 1

Oh now that's really interesting. I guess it's a thing with the new ogg file format. It might use .wss better and produce louder sounds. I'll take a deeper look and maybe make a direct comparison about the situation. Of course the weapons should stay loud. Thanks for the hint.

I did find the previous version more pleasant for my ears too, the detail on 1.3 and back were simply amazing but i guess that have to do with the uncompressed files.

• Like 1

I did find the previous version more pleasant for my ears too, the detail on 1.3 and back were simply amazing but i guess that have to do with the uncompressed files.

Can you please elaborate that statement a little? Like what sounds exactly, is there a sound or a type of sound source (weapon, vehicle, explosion...) that stand out? I'd like to narrow it down...

LJ

• Like 1