Captive zeds should always be named Bub.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Captain Miller is overseeing Zed Behavioral Research...

2mwwmqp.png

1zlt8v8.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, XerXesCZ said:

Now that is epic 🙂

• Like 1

@Gill93please remember not to quote images as per our forum rules - Thanks.

YES! Finally there's an end to all that violence!  All we have to do is educate the little rascals with a whole lotta love...:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, XerXesCZ said:

First of all, I want to thank the mod author for making this awesome mod and for all the time he put into making it even better!

Let me ask one question; is there any way to make certain (manually put in the editor) zombies passive? I am making a mission with Ravage and I have this research dome, where I have fenced off area with "captured zeds" for "studying purposes". I've tried almost everything I can think of, putting invisible walls around the fence, various disableAI with "PATH" and "MOVE" but it seems to have no effect on them. They will get so pissed of when they see the player so they will eventually get around every obstacle I throw at them, including multiple invisible walls in stacks. 🤣

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Its should be possible to do that by just changing the face.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setIdentity

If you guys haven't seen this (Multiplayer Save/Load System)... this mod is exactly what I was looking for when making my COOP Ravage missions:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1836169957&searchtext=

I guess it will require some more work to make it fully Ravage compatible but it is a great start!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, XerXesCZ said:

Then RaZor (thats me!) opens the doors with his M16 in hands and shuts down this operation by mowing down every zombie he sees.

”You can’t just keep these things alive like this is some petting zoo! Don’t you know these things will eat you alive?!” 🧟‍♂️ 

He is then awarded the purple heart upon his return home. 💜 

I like to think I’m the hero now... Who the hell does Captain Miller think he is anyhow?! 

🤔😏😁

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Then RaZor (thats me!) opens the doors with his M16 in hands and shuts down this operation by mowing down every zombie he sees.

”You can’t just keep these things alive like this is some petting zoo! Don’t you know these things will eat you alive?!” 🧟‍♂️ 

He is then awarded the purple heart upon his return home. 💜 

I like to think I’m the hero now... Who the hell does Captain Miller think he is anyhow?! 

🤔😏😁

I've actually decided to leave the playground props in the mission, I'll just have to rearange them better. One thing is certain though, if some very very bad and uncommon situation is happening anywhere in 2035 Armaverse, Miller has to do something with it. So you'll actually get to do exactly what you are describing if you play my mission once it's released, unless I'll give you some very good reason why you should not to. 😀

Anyway, to the topic: @Gill93 mentioned a few posts back a decontamination script - I would like to second that question. I've made something very simmilar in the dome (it's all part of the Zed Circus). I have all the triggers in place which will run the decontamination process (really just "turn on" the showers) along with some Amazon Polly comments, however, to truly remove the radiation from the player would be very nice. 

I don't want to clutter this topic with images, so I'll just include links to the images of the decontamination tent if you want to take a look below:

http://i68.tinypic.com/2cgmxqf.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/j8h4wk.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/es27vd.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help!

• Like 3

hi @haleks

Is there a variable for the player having his primary weapon on the back?

thanks!

VD

1 hour ago, XerXesCZ said:

I've actually decided to leave the playground props in the mission, I'll just have to rearange them better. One thing is certain though, if some very very bad and uncommon situation is happening anywhere in 2035 Armaverse, Miller has to do something with it. So you'll actually get to do exactly what you are describing if you play my mission once it's released, unless I'll give you some very good reason why you should not to. 😀

Anyway, to the topic: @Gill93 mentioned a few posts back a decontamination script - I would like to second that question. I've made something very simmilar in the dome (it's all part of the Zed Circus). I have all the triggers in place which will run the decontamination process (really just "turn on" the showers) along with some Amazon Polly comments, however, to truly remove the radiation from the player would be very nice. 

I don't want to clutter this topic with images, so I'll just include links to the images of the decontamination tent if you want to take a look below:

http://i68.tinypic.com/2cgmxqf.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/j8h4wk.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/es27vd.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help!

I messaged Haleks he should respond back soon with the solution (:

• Thanks 1

Hey, I have a question. 

We - my unit and I - are only rarely play horror missions. However, we want to use Ravage Zombies if we do so (since I like them more than other Arma 3 Zombies). Now we have one small issue:

While AI dies within 4 hits of a Zombie (depending on the settings) a player unit takes ages to die...and this kinda takes away the urgency with zombies. 
I'm very sure this is due to ACE. I know that ace is listed as incompatible. But I'd like to know if anybody has found a way to make Ravage Zombies work better with ACE on player units. 

The funny thing is, it doesn't seem to be completely incompatible as the Zombie actually produces ACE wounds (Mostly on the Arm) but these wounds are by far not enough to become a danger quickly. (Though I don't want players to die after 4 hits but if there are 5 or more zombies around them I don't want it to feel like they throw cotton at them). 

Hope someone can help me!
Many Greetings
Moony

8 minutes ago, Moon_chilD said:

Hey, I have a question. 

We - my unit and I - are only rarely play horror missions. However, we want to use Ravage Zombies if we do so (since I like them more than other Arma 3 Zombies). Now we have one small issue:

While AI dies within 4 hits of a Zombie (depending on the settings) a player unit takes ages to die...and this kinda takes away the urgency with zombies. 
I'm very sure this is due to ACE. I know that ace is listed as incompatible. But I'd like to know if anybody has found a way to make Ravage Zombies work better with ACE on player units. 

The funny thing is, it doesn't seem to be completely incompatible as the Zombie actually produces ACE wounds (Mostly on the Arm) but these wounds are by far not enough to become a danger quickly. (Though I don't want players to die after 4 hits but if there are 5 or more zombies around them I don't want it to feel like they throw cotton at them). 

Hope someone can help me!
Many Greetings
Moony

Right now I'm currently using a version of Ace that only has the medical stuff removed and it works great you may want to consider it or tweak the zombie attack strength located inside the zombie module . https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1220544202

• Like 2

The main reason we use it is the medical stuff though. (I appreciate the response though :3)

3 minutes ago, Moon_chilD said:

The main reason we use it is the medical stuff though. (I appreciate the response though :3)

maybe switch from advanced wounding system to Basic not sure have not played around with the medical stuff In awhile (: also I believe the clothing and or Armor that the ai or player is wearing will also have an effect on the zombie hit strength or damage taken.

• Like 1

Just a couple questions regarding custom asset arrays in the gearpool module.

Do weapons have to be listed in a certain order? (I.E assault rifles, pistols, smgs, lmgs in order)

Can I use classnames of equipment and weapons through the arsenal? Or do I need to find them in the config viewer or by other means.

Thanks!

@Troopgun,

I'm fairly certain order doesn't matter. 

You can gather classnames from any of the methods you mentioned above, for vanilla weapons the CfgWeapons wiki is also good spot.

Hello Ravagers!

Here comes another update, and this one will make your journey a tad more difficult... With the last update, we taught the AI a few driving lessons, today we are teaching them a few surviving tricks : Ravage 1777 adds a new parameter to the Settings Module called "AI Looters". When enabled, AI units will try to loot targets they manage to kill; the script is designed with a "hoarder" approach : it is fairly light & simple, AI will pick up as many items as they can from their kill and leave nothing behind. Players aren't the only ones scavenging anymore...

Here's the changelog :

Tweaked:
Minor update to the Radiation Protection system.

Fixed :
Fixed the "rhs_weap_rsp30_red" error.
It was impossible to skin Boars.
Zeus couldn't interact with survivors.
Fixed Compact NVGoggles (green) error.

New :
The Radiation system now supports backpacks ("B_CombinationUnitRespirator_01_F","B_SCBA_01_F").
Added an "AI Looters system" to the Settings module (enabled by default).

Have fun fellas, and thank you for your continued support on Patreon!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

2 minutes ago, haleks said:

"AI Looters

This is awesome!! 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

I'm in agreement with these fine gentlemen, this is definitely an update for the post apocalyptic voyeur.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrazyCorky said:

Is there a ravage discord? I thought I read some where there was.

For anyone who doesn't know already , there is the BI Forum Ravage Club as well.

Thanks !

• Like 2

AI Looters - a dream came true! THX Haleks for that awesome immersion  feature!

BTW, your driving code is  also absolutely stunning - I saw AI in an APC actually reverse from a roadblock, then take a parallel road and circumvent the roadblock instead of stupidly banging into the obstacle 100 times as usual...

• Like 5