Hi all,

Vandeanson's Apocalypse v2.141 beta

is ready for testing:

I am trying to improve the quality of my updates by reserving some time for beta testing.

It would be specially informative for me to understand how the current VA version works in your typical ravage mission.

- Site spawners are tweaked and should affect FPS minimally while dormant now (even when spawning large numbers of sites and AI)

- Sites can no longer spawn outside the map, by default

-> except Shipwrecks and Boats, where I am still looking for a good solution

- sites will no longer spawn in the debug zone sometimes - respective checks are implemented

- bleeding updated (dynamic animation/animation interruption, bleed effects)

- Animal spawner updated (Sheep, goats, cocks and wild-boars hooked to the  caching function)

- first iteration of scripted (Event-handler "fired near") fleeing behavior of animals

- AI FPS saving mechanics

- Debug notifications added, you will see a hint summary of what has been spawned in.

- Auto recognition of ravage (disables ravage related content if ravage is not active)

- feral and patrol dog sounds fixed

- you can now chose the side (east, west, independent or random) that will spawn at any site

EDIT: NEW LINK

v2.141beta adds:

- key to open all addaction for bandaging, blood transfusion, anti virus injector use and anti virus pill consumation: Shift + F

-> requires you to have the respective items and be under the effects of the relevant issues (bleeding or infected)

- press Shift + F again to hide the addactions

- Healing system added: once the player has 90+ blood, is not bleeding and (ravage only) has 80+ hunger and thirst, he will heal every X seconds for Y amount of health. X and Y can be adjusted in the VA - Player settings. The feature can be turned off. I recommend to pair with the feature to disable FAK

and other stuff=)

If you feel like testing, and have questions, feel free to join discord:

https://discord.gg/SAFysz8

cheers

VD

Edited by Vandeanson
EDIT: NEW LINK and updated features
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, haleks said:

But wouldn't ghosts appearing over killed units work better (rather than dead bodies turning into ghosts)?

:icon_dj:

• Like 2

@Stalk1st aka NaUdachu, Equipping zombies with weapons will probably break their animations, which is why they won't move.

• Like 2

It has been a while since I was able to properly play ravage...

Today I took about 2 hours to use it together with VA and god dammit...

- the flashlight use of AI: awesome

- the zombie behavior: awesome

- the zombie Resurrection: awesome

- the AI that now LOOTs other dead guys: aaaweesoooome

I entered a city at night, just got a neat long range scope for my rifle, and i notice flashlights a little outside of town.

Suddenly a firefight breaks out! then.. silence..

I run to cover behind a house and carefully peak around the houses corner, and see a bandit loot his victim.

Boom gone is he!

I had a blast man, ravage feels really good to play atm!

Cheers

VD

• Like 6

@haleks

I tried to use the custom gear list, to add my auto generated gear arrays (e.g. VD_EquipmentUniforms)

It does not seem to take a Variable representing an array (VD_EquipmentUniformsor [VD_EquipmentUniforms]).

Can you tell me the names of all custom gear/weapon/item lists so I can append my arrays or overwrite the names?

Ideally, I would include it in VA so if ppl use my mod, the gear settings are added to ravage as well.

Thanks!

Cheers

VD

VA: The Living

"The Living is a set of features in the Vandeanson's Apocalypse Mod, that deals with, well,.. The Living.. 

It provides a survival framework and sets how the world affects the players. 

Currently implemented subfeatures are bleeding, zombie infection and an early version of animal behaviour/hunting."

Listen up guys!

I have started to write a Bodytemperature script. I figured you all are a bit too cozy in that Z apocalypse and we want to change that right?

The feature will calculate the world temperature based on: 
month (season) , time, humidity, fog, wind and overcast... 

And will add these factors to a base minimum temperature (where you can set the general climate ). E.g. - 15°C for arctic zones or 20°C for southern zones.

This is the "outside temperature".

To that we add the following, in order to get the players body temperature :

Warmth from uniform, vest, facewear and headgear.

Each geartype is divided in 3-4 tiers of gear, from light summer gear to very warm arctic gear.

Each tier adds more temperature.
Special tiers are wetsuits , ghillie suits and rain proof gear.

Further factors are :

Warmth from movement (running heats up) 

Is the player in water or not? (countered by wetsuit) 

Reducing temperatures depending on player altitude (high mountain = cold) 

Is the player near a fire? 

Is the player indoors (reduces humidity and wind effect). 

And more influencing factors tbd. 

Question: what should be, in your view, the sideffects of:

- freezing (shaking? Hunger? Failed reload? Dropping weapon? Bad Aiming?) 

- overheating (thirst?, fainting, blurred vision?) 

- long term undercooled (sickness) 

- being wet long time in cool/cold temps (sickness) 

Let me know what you think. Ideally, the effects are realistic but different from bleeding and infection from VA. 

Shout out to @MuRaZorWitchKING, who inspired me to do this:) 

Cheers
Vd

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Listen up guys!

If you made this dependent on ravage, i think a long cold exposition have a chance to trigger sickness, use rvg antibiotic to cure it ?

Running to warm yourself its a really good idea, coupled with a higher hunger rate when the player is freezing.

-freezing (shaking? Hunger? Failed reload? Dropping weapon? Bad Aiming?) = just hunger, maybe failed reload for extreme cold temperature, by experience cold will not affect the capability to aim or shake when aiming, but can affect reloading time (gloves or freezing finger)

-When the player is sick i think its a good idea to add sneeze, make a 3d sound audible by AI or other player. (without spam it)

I have thinking about something, for the cold wind effect maybe it can be a good idea to trigger a high cold exposition by working with the alias snow storm script, like this when the snow storm script kick in the cold exposition is really higher and the player must find cover near tree or indoor.

I just imagine a snow storm during the whole night will forces player to go indoor and set up a fire camp.

For the

4 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

And will add these factors to a base minimum temperature (where you can set the general climate ). E.g. - 15°C for arctic zones or 20°C for southern zones.

This is the "outside temperature".

I think its better to give the opportunity for the mission maker to set up the max-min temperature.

Edit : For the hot temperature a higher thirst rate its a must have, a water war scenario with ravage on a desert map can be really awsome, like madmax but people are looking for water 🙂

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, damsous said:

If you made this dependent on ravage, i think a long cold exposition have a chance to trigger sickness, use rvg antibiotic to cure it ?

I will not make it ravages dependent but will design it ravage compatible. 

Use of medicine/antibiotics will be in tho yeah. 

39 minutes ago, damsous said:

-freezing (shaking? Hunger? Failed reload? Dropping weapon? Bad Aiming?) = just hunger, maybe failed reload for extreme cold temperature, by experience cold will not affect the capability to aim or shake when aiming, but can affect reloading time (gloves or freezing finger)

Makes sense yeah! 

40 minutes ago, damsous said:

-When the player is sick i think its a good idea to add sneeze, make a 3d sound audible by AI or other player. (without spam it)

Good idea, i ll include that

40 minutes ago, damsous said:

I have thinking about something, for the cold wind effect maybe it can be a good idea to trigger a high cold exposition by working with the alias snow storm script, like this when the snow storm script kick in the cold exposition is really higher and the player must find cover near tree or indoor.

I just imagine a snow storm during the whole night will forces player to go indoor and set up a fire camp

Yeah standing under a tree and near/in buildings and veing in vehicles will give shelter. 

A snow storm of some sort will be added, that should indeed force players to take shelter. Players will have to react if they see a storm brew up. 

43 minutes ago, damsous said:

think its better to give the opportunity for the mission maker to set up the max-min temperature.

Jep, i meant that, users can adjust this to match their scenario:) 

Thanks for the feedback:) 

Cheers

Vd

• Like 3

The attachTo command is still a little messy because of their animations, it can look great in a still pic...

Spoiler

79gZvpz.jpg

....not so good in motion.

@Stalk1st aka NaUdachu, you could always use the setFace command and add a zed face to an armed unit...

Spoiler

Mrjk7V7.jpg

Add this to the init of a unit...

comment "Set identity"; 
this spawn {sleep 1; _this setFace "rvg_zed_face_2"};
this setSpeaker ""; 
this setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization", false] 

• Like 6

There is also the option of the Renegade faces, those guys are pretty evil looking too. ^^

Here are the full set of classnames for Ravage Zeds and Renegades...

Spoiler

"rvg_zed_face_1"
"rvg_zed_face_2"
"rvg_zed_face_3"
"rvg_zed_face_4"
"rvg_zed_face_5"
"rvg_zed_face_6"
"rvg_zed_face_7"
"rvg_zed_face_8"
"rvg_zed_face_9"
"rvg_zed_face_10"
"rvg_zed_face_11"
"rvg_zed_face_12"

"rvg_ren_face_1"
"rvg_ren_face_2"
"rvg_ren_face_3"
"rvg_ren_face_4"
"rvg_ren_face_5"
"rvg_ren_face_6"
"rvg_ren_face_7"
"rvg_ren_face_8"
"rvg_ren_face_9"
"rvg_ren_face_10"
"rvg_ren_face_11"
"rvg_ren_face_12"
"rvg_ren_face_13"
"rvg_ren_face_14"
"rvg_ren_face_15"
"rvg_ren_face_16"

• Like 6

1 hour ago, EO said:

The attachTo command is still a little messy because of their animations, it can look great in a still pic...

Reveal hidden contents

79gZvpz.jpg

....not so good in motion.

@Stalk1st aka NaUdachu, you could always use the setFace command and add a zed face to an armed unit...

Reveal hidden contents

Mrjk7V7.jpg

comment "Set identity"; 
this setSpeaker ""; 

Infected armed forces, they just need vehicle with splat of blood everywhere and we can make an insurgency against the infected 🙂

Edit : Seriously, ravage really need a kind of infected boss to be perfect, like an infected that run really faster, do more damage with a x5 hp,  a different moaning and maybe the ability to throw thing like a grenade or stone...

2nd edit : And allow the infected boss to howling to call the other infected in 300 meter radius when he spot a player or spawn an amount of infected around him and start following him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EO said:

etFace command and add a zed face to an armed unit...

Reveal hidden contents

Mrjk7V7.jpg

comment "Set identity"; 
this setSpeaker ""; 

1 hour ago, EO said:

There is also the option of the Renegade faces, those guys are pretty evil looking too. ^^

Here are the full set of classnames for Ravage Zeds and Renegades...

Reveal hidden contents

"rvg_zed_face_1"
"rvg_zed_face_2"
"rvg_zed_face_3"
"rvg_zed_face_4"
"rvg_zed_face_5"
"rvg_zed_face_6"
"rvg_zed_face_7"
"rvg_zed_face_8"
"rvg_zed_face_9"
"rvg_zed_face_10"
"rvg_zed_face_11"
"rvg_zed_face_12"

"rvg_ren_face_1"
"rvg_ren_face_2"
"rvg_ren_face_3"
"rvg_ren_face_4"
"rvg_ren_face_5"
"rvg_ren_face_6"
"rvg_ren_face_7"
"rvg_ren_face_8"
"rvg_ren_face_9"
"rvg_ren_face_10"
"rvg_ren_face_11"
"rvg_ren_face_12"
"rvg_ren_face_13"
"rvg_ren_face_14"
"rvg_ren_face_15"
"rvg_ren_face_16"

This is pretty cool EO !

Would you like to add this in the :

Spoiler

Thanks !

• Like 2

8 hours ago, damsous said:

I think its better to give the opportunity for the mission maker to set up the max-min temperature.

I had done the base to build this as well for anyone who is willing to add the player effects.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, damsous said:

Edit : Seriously, ravage really need a kind of infected boss to be perfect, like an infected that run really faster, do more damage with a x5 hp,  a different moaning and maybe the ability to throw thing like a grenade or stone...

Does Ravage need Boss Zeds?...the framework is already available to make our own enhanced zeds, Zombie Module already has a Damage Multiplier, Voice Pitch and those eventhandlers are super handy for making zeds ultra fast for example. I thought the boss zeds I made for Sirens were pretty formidable compared to the "regular" ones.

Not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but a cool addition to the Zombie Module would be a custom sound effect array so we could add our own zombie sounds, that combined with the Voice Pitch feature could add a whole new aspect to our scenarios. :don8:   

• Like 5

9 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

I had done the base to build this as well for anyone who is willing to add the player effects.

Hide contents

Oooh i didnt realize you made one!

Gf has a script for everything😂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Reveal hidden contents

I looked into your script and i got some good inputs, thanks! 

If you dont mind i will take over/adapt the code for the water temperature and altitude. Also i am still tuning the transition factors from value (e. G. RainValue) to temperature, and i ll play around with your values/method too. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 1:23 AM, Vandeanson said:

Shout out to @MuRaZorWitchKING, who inspired me to do this:)

No worries! I’d like someone with a tad bit more knowledge on coding to take over the “temperature system” from here on out ha ha! (I’ll check it out 😉 ) May try to add functions to my current system, but with the way things have been going that’s far away...

Damn has it been a week... I started my new job, and I took my exam earlier today, and I finally got a passing score. I finally have my certification. 😁😌 (My face has been buried in books for the past couple months... 📖 🤓)

As for Ravage... There is an old musical artist I think would be a good candidate for the Ravage Theme... (Gave them a listen earlier) They allow downloads and such of their music, but I figure if Haleks wants too he can send them a good word, and possibly throw in some more music in the playlist. 😉 (lots of piano, and ambient themes)

As always, I hope you all are doing well. Been a minute since I’ve gave a shout to some of you, but if you’re ever in the mood to chat you know where to find me. 

Cheers! 🍻 

Some links to the artist via YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf2Zsayxi5M

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ntv8geqpW-E

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LIuof5di7rc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DUG2OaHfiA8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPBKQw1_jo0

(I’m on my Phone at the moment so I can’t put these in a “spoiler tag” )

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stalk1st aka NaUdachu said:

Tell me how to make ghosts from the Ghost Hunters script?

I think haleks is working on adding a separate addon for spawning Ghosts, but in the meantime It's fairly simple to deconstruct the Ghost Hunter mission and create a template that will spawn Ghosts on any other map. I could provide a template but i'm not at my desktop till later this evening. 

• Like 1

@Stalk1st aka NaUdachu Okay here is a template mission that will spawn haleks awesome Ghosts. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v6fl4blsc9f04yc/AAD7VfzqZBnOIbIdzqEwlDaKa?dl=0

If you want to port it to another map you will need to do the following:

Open the template mission in the Editor, copy/paste the Ambient Zombie module and the z-source object (in the template mission it's an invisible helipad named z_source) and drop them into a map of your choice, then save your new mission.

You then need to move the scripts from the template mission over to your newly saved mission, (init.sqf, myst_z.sqf, spalsh_hit.sqf)  These scripts basically turn the Ambient Zombie module into a Ghost spawner.

Now you can edit the Ambient Zombie Ghost module to suit your own play style then your free to build a mission around the framework you've just created. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 4

On 8/28/2019 at 5:47 PM, EO said:

.the framework is already available to make our own enhanced zeds

Yeah i know but that affect every zombies, im talking about just one with special skill, i say that cause i already experience this by merge ravage infected + the demons from ryan, was playing with friend and at a moment we heard the demon we all hide like faggot and wait in a house that was so cool, unfortunaly the demons attack and kill the ravage infected.

A hard boss its a must have, that add a thriller like situation.

Or maybe there is a way to make the Demons from Ryan friendly with ravage infected ?

14 hours ago, damsous said:

Yeah i know but that affect every zombies, im talking about just one with special skill....

Not necessarily, with a little imagination you can still create some special Zeds using the zombie units in the Editor, dress them like a Boss, give them individual attributes via their init field, anything like increasing their setAnimSpeedCoef to make them super quick or make then explode when they come within a set radius of the player, attach a radiated zone around them...So you can in fact have regular zed fodder spawned by the Ambient Zombie module with all the settings it has to offer, then on top of that your special zeds would run independently from the module.