Hello all, first time posting. 

So I am setting up a livonia ravage server using the relevant ravage modules and VA mod only for lootspawn. 

Everything is working as intended except it seems as if VA is interfering with my custom ravage loot scripts and weapon arrays. If I disable VA, it all works fine, but with it enabled, the AI don't use the weapon array specified, or drop rare/common loot. This is occurring with the ravage AI equipped box checked. Oddly though it did work once. 

Any input is much appreciated thank you. 

update: 

just restarted the sever, and now the AI equipper works fine, but the VA custom pistol/rifle loot spawn arrays arent applied, 

6 hours ago, Beefiy said:

Hello all, first time posting. 

So I am setting up a livonia ravage server using the relevant ravage modules and VA mod only for lootspawn. 

Everything is working as intended except it seems as if VA is interfering with my custom ravage loot scripts and weapon arrays. If I disable VA, it all works fine, but with it enabled, the AI don't use the weapon array specified, or drop rare/common loot. This is occurring with the ravage AI equipped box checked. Oddly though it did work once. 

Any input is much appreciated thank you. 

update: 

just restarted the sever, and now the AI equipper works fine, but the VA custom pistol/rifle loot spawn arrays arent applied, 

Note that VA will not overwrite the gear of the ravage AI or the gear that drops from the holdaction search function of furniture. 

Va settings will only affect the AI that spawn at the VA sites (e. G. Banditcamp) or the VA stalker or Patrol AI or the loot that spaws in buildings on the ground or in lootcrates at VA sites. 

Cheers 

Vd

9 hours ago, Beefiy said:

, but the VA custom pistol/rifle loot spawn arrays arent applied

It is possible, that the custom arrays do not have replacement code in the background. I am however currently reworking the whole loot pool generation anyway. Update tp follow 

I saw these functions on the Ravage wikia and am wondering what they do and how to use them:

• rvg_fnc_spawnCapital {};
  • rvg_fnc_spawnLocal {};
  • rvg_fnc_spawnTown {};
  • rvg_fnc_spawnVillage {};

On 9/15/2019 at 6:29 PM, damsous said:

There is a way to add the search feature on map object ?

Cause i would like to add search action on all the map object like non enterable wooden shack

DC902A8E3EAD41F37E023BA83A2CF8CEAC887C72

I can help you with a custom solution, i dont think there is a way to include this within the existing ravage loot system (folks, correct me if i am wrong). 

Option 1:

Create a loop that checks if you are near any of the relevant buildings. If so set a variable to true (TAG_isNearBuild = true). 

Create a holdaction that either activates ravages loot function or a own loot function. 

Add the above variable as a condition to show/progress to the holdaction. 

This way, the loot holdaction is only showing, when you are near a lootable building. 

You would need to add a second condition that blacklists looted buildings for a while. 

2nd option:

Gather all relevant buildings in an array (all on map or all 150m near player) and add a holdaction directly to the building. 

I can help you with both options, just let me know what you prefer. 

Cheers

Vd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

It is possible, that the custom arrays do not have replacement code in the background. I am however currently reworking the whole loot pool generation anyway. Update tp follow 

ahh ok makes sense. does anyone know if the Ravage loot system is going to be made compatible for the livonia buldings, or is that a work in progress? 

4 hours ago, grimwald said:

I saw these functions on the Ravage wikia and am wondering what they do and how to use them:

• rvg_fnc_spawnLocal {};
  • rvg_fnc_spawnTown {};

I think those functions were once linked to Game Logics that were used as artificial spawn locations for AI. It's possible those functions are now redundant as those Game Logics have since been removed.....I could be wrong though, maybe needs clarification from the main man. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 5:29 PM, damsous said:

There is a way to add the search feature on map object ?

Cause i would like to add search action on all the map object like non enterable wooden shack

Name of p3d object add to list @Ravage\addons\ravage.pbo\code\rvgLoot\loot_scan.sqf

• Thanks 1

Hey guys is anyone else having issues with adding class-names that include attachments to the weapons array specifically CUP weapons and attachments it seems that some of the class-names have changed from the most recent CUP Weapons Update where they added new attachments and weapons.

Spoiler

Attachments

"CUP_optic_MicroT1";
"CUP_optic_MicroT1_coyote";
"CUP_optic_MicroT1_low";
"CUP_optic_MicroT1_low_coyote";
"CUP_optic_MicroT1_low_OD";
"CUP_optic_MicroT1_OD";
"CUP_optic_Elcan_reflex_OD";
"CUP_optic_Elcan_reflex_Coyote";
"CUP_optic_Elcan_reflex";
"CUP_optic_CompM2_low";
"CUP_optic_CompM2_low_coyote";
"CUP_optic_CompM2_low_OD";
"CUP_optic_ZeissZPoint";
"CUP_optic_CompM2_Woodland2";
"CUP_muzzle_mfsup_Flashhider_556x45_Black";
"CUP_muzzle_mfsup_Flashhider_556x45_OD";
"CUP_muzzle_mfsup_Flashhider_556x45_Tan";
"CUP_muzzle_snds_M16";
"CUP_muzzle_snds_M16_desert";
"CUP_muzzle_snds_M16_camo";
"CUP_optic_ekp_8_02";
"CUP_optic_PechenegScope";
"CUP_optic_PSO_1_1_open";
"CUP_optic_PSO_1";
"CUP_optic_PSO_1_AK";
"CUP_optic_PSO_1_AK_open";
"CUP_optic_PSO_1_open";
"CUP_optic_PSO_3";
"CUP_optic_PSO_3_open";
"CUP_muzzle_snds_KZRZP_AK762";
"CUP_optic_GOSHAWK_RIS";
"CUP_acc_ANPEQ_15_Flashlight_Black_L";
"CUP_acc_ANPEQ_15_Top_Flashlight_Black_L";
"CUP_acc_ANPEQ_15_Flashlight_OD_L";
"CUP_muzzle_mfsup_Flashhider_762x39_Black";
"CUP_muzzle_mfsup_Flashhider_762x39_OD";
"CUP_muzzle_mfsup_Flashhider_762x39_Tan";

• Like 2

4 hours ago, damsous said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1865395754

This map look really great for a ravage scenario

I just saw that map on the workshop, and I have to agree with you. I think the city environment would make for a very refreshing experience, to be honest. I'm gonna have to give it a shot one of these days.

1 hour ago, ArteyFlow said:

I just saw that map on the workshop, and I have to agree with you. I think the city environment would make for a very refreshing experience, to be honest. I'm gonna have to give it a shot one of these days.

Its look like there a lot of closed building but i think i have find a way to search for loot on every object, bigger the object = more spot to search on the same object 🙂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Option 1:

Create a loop that checks if you are near any of the relevant buildings. If so set a variable to true (TAG_isNearBuild = true). 

I find this in the BI forum, so it can be useful for anyone who want to add loot without interfer with Ravage

Check the post from Larrow, the script can be dowloaded and fully configurable.

I m currently working on it by adding all the cargo contenair, wood shack, few closed building, plane and ship wreck, wagon, few box and front store from vanilla and cup asset.

There is hundred of item to add so that will take some times, but if you need it i can share it just ask

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 10:54 AM, grimwald said:

• rvg_fnc_spawnLocal {};
  • rvg_fnc_spawnTown {};

On 9/17/2019 at 3:58 PM, EO said:

I think those functions were once linked to Game Logics that were used as artificial spawn locations for AI. It's possible those functions are now redundant as those Game Logics have since been removed.....I could be wrong though, maybe needs clarification from the main man. :icon_biggrin:

Those functions are used by the AI spawn system - they aren't designed to be used "outside" of the spawn system though : unless an AI module is present, they won't be of any use.

The future AI module upgrade will most likely make them obsolete.

On a side note : thanks to a yet another "windows problem", I lost about 3 weeks of data... bof.png

That's a lot of lost work on both Ravage and MyST, I'm afraid the next updates and Patreon items will be delayed as a result...

• Sad 2

Seems wrong to "like" your last post, considering the reference to lost data, that's a real bummer for sure man, sorry to hear about that. ^^ :icon18:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, haleks said:

Those functions are used by the AI spawn system - they aren't designed to be used "outside" of the spawn system though : unless an AI module is present, they won't be of any use.

The future AI module upgrade will most likely make them obsolete.

On a side note : thanks to a yet another "windows problem", I lost about 3 weeks of data... bof.png

That's a lot of lost work on both Ravage and MyST, I'm afraid the next updates and Patreon items will be delayed as a result...

All good man take your time loving Ravage as is atm :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EO said:

Seems wrong to "like" your last post, considering the reference to lost data, that's a real bummer for sure man, sorry to hear about that. ^^ :icon18:

Ha, I've a pretty good memory when it comes to coding (anyone else here ever dreamed of code? Does it feel like an unsolvable nightmare to you too? ^^).

Thankfully, I still have most of the data for "Bob" (the old guard from the early dev group will know what I'm talking about) - I was in the process of converting the little dude into a "phantom detector" for MyST. 😉 

• Like 5

Now I like the sound of that. ^^

Speaking of dreams, I once dreamed about "Bob"....no really it's true, we both travelled to East City Downs Racetrack on a dangerous mission to release some of his autonomous friends from Bandit slave masters who controlled and made money from these passive bots, making them participate in illegal drone racing....

Spoiler

3kqXXL3.jpg

4AOjq8i.jpg

lA3O51T.jpg

wZfhCL6.jpg

....wait, maybe it wasn't a dream after all.  :icon_biggrin:

• Haha 6

There's an ArmA mission that's getting quite popular at the moment, called The Last Reich, by Mauseri. It's a very interesting mission that is based on solving a mysterious death. It has a really good story and there's a lot of work that has gone into making the setting. It uses Ravage for a few things and does so in quite a creative way. I think there's a few authors on here who might be rather interested in what it's doing. I think it's one of the best missions ever made.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1860401850

I've just made a video about it (cough, cough, shameless self-promotion, cough, cough) which you should not watch if you are interested in playing it (the video is one huge spoiler). But if you're interested in the mechanics of it and the setting, it might serve as an alternative to putting in the roughly four hours of gameplay time.

Spoiler

I'm now in a copyright dispute with the agency who handles the Red Army Choir's licensing. It's quite amusing to see them attempt to claim a 1938 recording as having a current copyright and I've enjoyed quoting Soviet and Russian copyright law to demonstrate that it's pretty much impossible to claim copyright on anything Soviet before 1945. What a futuristic world we live in. If I could tell my younger Cold War-era self that one day I'd be involved in a minor legal dispute with the Red Army Choir, I'd never have believed it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, haleks said:

I'd recommend using source control and storing the stuff remotely. Github private repositories are free currently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sup fams, Just posting here in case anyones interested. 
I have made a couple more variants of my previously posted ravage mission. 
I've kept working on it since then, changing things around, rewriting scripts and functions and just generally trying to make improvements. 

So theres a couple that have been published to the workshop
Altis (vanilla A3) : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1867070042
Malden (RHS full pack) : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1866883936

Theres also an Isla Duala RHS version on github that some dude on steam asked me to make for him
At the moment I'm just making different presets on different maps, and saving the .pbos to github: https://github.com/jakehekesfists/ravage-dmd-edit-chernarusredux/tree/master/PBOs  

I'll probably chuck a couple more together next week if/when I get time. 

Cheers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just wanted to say thank you for this glorious mod. I have a few questions.

1. You can only take banknotes one at a time with right click, is there anything or anyway to make it so they transfer at once? 

2.  I am currently making my own mission, with that roaming AI seem to have problems keeping ammo in there guns (constantly fighting undead or raiders.) - I know there is a infinite ammo script. Is there a way to apply it to roaming renegades, bandits, etc?

3. Zombies sometimes walk through walls and through doors. I assume this is something beyond control and map related is there any fix or beyond control? 

4. Is there a way to edit module values outside in Eden editor? I used the steam workshop version of Ravage. Don't see anything in folders.

5. Oh and, Id like to add some more custom music to the Ravage ambient music. I can format music however, just need to know how and what.

Obviously some of these may be small changes to the actual Ravage mod. All credit goes towards the creator and people who have made these mods. Just wanna create a unique mission. Also, these are questions I couldn't figure out on Wiki or google so first time poster. Hi 🙂

Thank you,

-Cobearz

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rat Kid said:

5. Oh and, Id like to add some more custom music to the Ravage ambient music. I can format music however, just need to know how and what.

This post has a template for adding your own custom soundtrack via the Ravage Atmosphere module. 

Welcome to the thread buddy! :icon_biggrin:

• Like 2

On 9/18/2019 at 4:31 PM, haleks said:

I would recommend to get an external hard drive or a second drive in your PC. And use a backup program like "EaseUS Todo Backup", which you can the schedule and backup folders or files etc. I do it for all my important files. Or do as Dedmen recommended and look at the Githhubs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2019 at 3:15 AM, Rat Kid said:

1. You can only take banknotes one at a time with right click, is there anything or anyway to make it so they transfer at once? 

I was actually thinking about scripting a way around this the other day.  3 ways came to mind.

First, a simple add action scroll command. "take all money" to dead bodies.

Second way was a little more convoluted.
I'm thinking that I could write an EntityKilled eventhandler.
So the unit gets killed, a vehicle such as 'Land_Suitcase_F' , 'Land_Money_F' or 'Land_Wallet_01_F' would be created on the ground next to the corpse.

get the number of "rvg_money" in the units gear, do a setvariable on the suitcase/cash/wallet object, and remove the money items from the corpse.
Then put an addaction on the suitcase and let players take all money that way. 

probably want to put a grass cutter down too so people can find the money object.

Third way would be best, a take all money button added to the gear screen. but I suck at GUIs so I wouldnt even know where to begin with that. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: I just threw together an example of option 2 and it looks functional.  so if you put that in your init.sqf you'll get $1 every time you kill a zombie, 
and if the ai you kill is carrying cash he'll drop a wad of bills with an addaction to pick up all the money. probably much better ways of acheiving the same results

// init.sqf 
if ((isDedicated) || (hasInterface && isServer)) then {
		addMissionEventHandler ["EntityKilled", {
			params ["_killed", "_killer", "_instigator"];
			if (isNull _instigator) then {_instigator = UAVControl vehicle _killer select 0};
			if (isNull _instigator) then {_instigator = _killer};

// earn $1 for zombie kills
			if (_killed isKindOf "zombie") then {
				if (isPlayer _killer) then { _killer addItem "rvg_money"; };
			};

// victim to drop their money
			if (_killed isKindOf "Man") then {
				private _money = {_x isEqualTo "rvg_money"} count magazines _killed;
				if (_money > 0) then {
					// remove the cash from gear
					for "_i" from 0 to (_money)-1 do { _killed removeItem "rvg_money"; };
					private _pos = getPos _killed;
					_pos set [2,0];
					// create the wallet item
					private _wallet = "Land_Money_F" createVehicle _pos;
					//	private _grassCutter = "ClutterCutter_EP1" createVehicle _pos;
					private _grassCutter = "Land_ClutterCutter_medium_F" createVehicle _pos;		// whoops. should use default stuff ay? lol
					_wallet setVariable ["ravageMoney",_money,true];		// set variable so people can take the money.

// add an action to take the money
					[
						_wallet,
						"<t color='#15a9bf'>TAKE MONEY</t>",
						"\a3\ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\holdactions\holdAction_search_ca.paa",
						"\a3\ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\holdactions\holdAction_search_ca.paa",
						"_this distance _target < 3","_caller distance _target < 3",{},{},
						{
							params ["_target", "_caller", "_actionId", "_arguments"];
							private _amount = (_target getVariable["ravageMoney",0]);
							if (_amount > 0) then {
								private _storedAmount = _amount;