2 hours ago, EO said:

Not necessarily, with a little imagination you can still create some special Zeds using the zombie units in the Editor, dress them like a Boss, give them individual attributes through via their init field, anything like increasing their setAnimSpeedCoef to make them super quick or make then explode when they come within a set radius of the player, attach a radiated zone around them...So you can in fact have regular zed fodder spawned by the Ambient Zombie module with all the settings it has to offer, then on top of that your special zeds would run independently from the module. 

Yeah but i will put a lot of work into something that will be shitty at the end 🙂, my knowledge is limited to do something cool and im too lazy and got not enough time to spend for learn and try.

Wich side are the infected civilian ?

Working on some Ravaged Flags...

m6fG76q.jpg

TfW1SAw.jpg

Spoiler

It could be a neat idea to have the Ambient AI spawn in sporting their various colours.

• Like 9

For anyone enjoying the custom soundtrack feature for Ravage, I'm finding this neat little utility by Killzone Kid makes the job of writing a CfgMusic config a thing of the past, just drag and drop your .ogg files onto the utility and it will instantly generate .cpp file. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@EO THX 4 sharing that; I'm all pro-music in my missions as you know...:whistle:

• Like 1

Hey, there a new version of grad persistence script with some fixed feature, so its fully fonctionnal now.

-The unit placed in editor are properly saved (if the saving editor feature is activated)

-The amount of fuel in the vehicle are also saved.

And there is also new feature like saving trigger, task, map marker.... + custom variable.

I also got second hand machine to host dedicated server, its a i7 3770 with 16Gb of RAM i do few test it work nice, so if your interested to play persistent mission and also test script and ravage features in dedicated server environement let me know.

It’s also a good way to bring all the ravage fan together and have fun.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, damsous said:

Hey, there a new version of grad persistence script with some fixed feature, so its fully fonctionnal now.

-The unit placed in editor are properly saved (if the saving editor feature is activated)

-The amount of fuel in the vehicle are also saved.

And there is also new feature like saving trigger, task, map marker.... + custom variable.

I also got second hand machine to host dedicated server, its a i7 3770 with 16Gb of RAM i do few test it work nice, so if your interested to play persistent mission and also test script and ravage features in dedicated server environement let me know.

It’s also a good way to bring all the ravage fan together and have fun.

Does this mean ravage will finally be the best mod out there for persistent mp survival?!

3 hours ago, CrazyCorky said:

Does this mean ravage will finally be the best mod out there for persistent mp survival?!

Its already the best mod for persistent mp survival, its just more popular as SP than MP.

Its just better to use a custom loot script (item on the ground) and disable furniture for a dedicated server with many players spread accross the map or for a custom map, i did'nt try the funiture for a long time maybe its work good now as simple object.

I think the huge advantage with ravage (if i do a comparison with the popular mod like exile or BP) its more performance friendly and there is less script/mod conflict, so mission maker can use a lot of user made script or mods without breaking anything, at the end that offer much more possibility.

The module are also simple to use and there is no database to set up to make it persistent so anybody can make a MP scenario, personally i use the ravage character persistence and Grad for vehicle and static object, thats work good.

The ravage zombies are also the best, they have nice animation good sound and a server can handle easly +150 infected + Ai patrol without lag or clientside framedrop.

So Ravage + mods like CUP/BP weapon/Map + script made by VD, EO, Floros, Alias (weather or weird thing), thats just awsome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, damsous said:

I think the huge advantage with ravage (if i do a comparison with the popular mod like exile or BP) its more performance friendly and there is less script/mod conflict, so mission maker can use a lot of user made script or mods without breaking anything, at the end that offer much more possibility.

These are also some of the main reasons I've stuck with Ravage for so long, plus we have someone at the helm who can take Ravage and spin it on it's head with new adversaries like the Ghosts, the Phantoms from his MyST project, which incidentally is a stunning piece of work for anyone who hasn't tried it yet. 

• Like 3

For those of you enjoying the mod, or you’re really enjoying any of Haleks work, consider donating some funds his way. As a good friend of mine, and a very humbling person, he would be happy with any amount you send his way, whether it be enough to buy a pizza, or even a cup of coffee, he doesn’t mind. He really is a good guy.

Haleks works on all of his projects without any funding, he does it all for FREE on his spare time. But he also loves doing it and bringing it into the community. For EVERYONE to enjoy. 

If you also want to enjoy some of his special projects that he releases that are different then Ravage, consider becoming a supporter on his Patreon.

You can find links to all his donation pages at the front of this forum.

Cheers fellow survivors.

🍻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello Ravagers!

Time for an update! A lot of fine-tuning, plus extended support for Livonia assets and ambient bandit camps as an added bonus \o/. Also, a new entry from EO's Survival Kit catalogue. 😉 

Full changelog :

Tweaked:
Fine-tuned the AI Looters system.
Minor tweaks to the AI Driver system.
The Loot Search system now supports objects from Livonia.
Updated survival system to handle more than one tent type.
Updated loot lists with new tents.

Fixed :
Fixed wrong descriptions for several ravage items.

New :
Added 3 new tents by EO.
Added an 'Ambient Camps' option to the AI Module.

This update will be closely followed by another "technical" one. A lot of the scripts in Ravage are executed in the scheduled environment; I think moving most of them in non scheduled environment will reduce the overall execution time for the background systems, that could improve performances in SP & local sessions - SP especially, where intensive scripts are more noticeable framerate-wise.

Have fun guys, and thank you for your continued support!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

Just a little added information about the tents that ship with this update:

The 3 Dome tents can be found in the Editor under Props>Things>Camping 

Editor placed Ravage tents come with an inventory capable of storing a realistic stash of loot, each tent variation also comes with a few survival items already stored inside.

Oh, and If you happen to come across and liberate an ambient camp out in the sticks, those camping tents might just have some really tasty random loot inside.....

@haleks, One thing I noticed regarding the tents in the Editor....If you place a Survival module down, then place down the vanilla camping tents they have an inventory and the Sleep action available, which is cool, however when placing down the Ravaged tents they only have the inventory available, not the Sleep action, can this be tweaked?

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, EO said:

@haleks, One thing I noticed regarding the tents in the Editor....If you place a Survival module down, then place down the vanilla camping tents they have an inventory and the Sleep action available, which is cool, however when placing down the Ravaged tents they only have the inventory available, not the Sleep action, can this be tweaked?

Shoot, I forgot to update that part of the survival system... ^^'

I'll hotfix that soon, thanks for reporting mate. 😉 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

A few more flag variations...

Spoiler

n7YLQbx.png

nWGiv3g.png

Raising a flag in Camp Haleks...

:icon_biggrin:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I would add these flags to vehicles for friendly towns... Buuuutttt With the remnants of the Russian military flying around Chernarus I think it’s safe to say Friendly survivors taking a nice cruise will get blown up by those Mi-24’s.  😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Somebody know how to make work the trader on dedicated server ?

Im using this line in the init field of the unit :

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true];

Its work in editor but didn't do anything on dedicated server.

20 hours ago, EO said:

Raising a flag in Camp Haleks..

That was awesome (and creepy) at the same time.  hahahaha.

Nah, not creepy at all.....

Spoiler

FQVB8cD.jpg

....now that's creepy! 🤡

• Haha 9

Hey i got a suggestion about survival mecanic, it can be cool to add an item required for repairing engine vehicle (same mecanic as tire), so the player need an engine part to be able to repair the engine, and the engine part can also be scavenged from undamaged engine vehicle (that will destroy the engine from the scavenged vehicle) or got more chance to loot an engine part on the wreck.

So with a mecanic like this it can be more challenging to repair a vehicle and also even more challenge to repair an armored vehicle or aircraft.

For exemple a player need different engine part to be able to repair different type of vehicle (car engine part =car / chopper engine part = chopper / Armored engine part = armored vehicle).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EO said:

Nah, not creepy at all.....

Reveal hidden contents

FQVB8cD.jpg

....now that's creepy! 🤡

I don't want to know what are they doing in that camp...

• Haha 3

@damsous, a neat idea, an additional repair adds an additional task to complete, there are already vehicle parts (Land_ScrapHeap_1_F) and vehicle scrap (Land_ScrapHeap__F) in game. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 2

I was wondering where these camps came from! Nice work Haleks a very cool addition IMO.

Good lord EO... Hahaaa, those dudes are popping the wrong kind of tents in that pic dude!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1