Chernarus Redux got a big update on the 16th. I gotta edit my missions now. @_@;

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 8:18 PM, Moon_chilD said:

Hey, I have a question. 

We - my unit and I - are only rarely play horror missions. However, we want to use Ravage Zombies if we do so (since I like them more than other Arma 3 Zombies). Now we have one small issue:

While AI dies within 4 hits of a Zombie (depending on the settings) a player unit takes ages to die...and this kinda takes away the urgency with zombies. 
I'm very sure this is due to ACE. I know that ace is listed as incompatible. But I'd like to know if anybody has found a way to make Ravage Zombies work better with ACE on player units. 

The funny thing is, it doesn't seem to be completely incompatible as the Zombie actually produces ACE wounds (Mostly on the Arm) but these wounds are by far not enough to become a danger quickly. (Though I don't want players to die after 4 hits but if there are 5 or more zombies around them I don't want it to feel like they throw cotton at them). 

Hope someone can help me!
Many Greetings
Moony

You need to tweak the zombie damage output in the ravage module and the setting in ACE to increase or decrease damage tolerance. For your test don't be fooled by the armor (helmet and vest) cause on default setting a Z can kill a player with only 2 or 3 hit without armor but he can resist to more than 8 hit if he wear a good armor and helmet.

Also don't forget the vanilla damage system kill if 1 part of the body is at 0%, not ACE. So in vanilla if all your body part are undamaged but 1 of your arm take 2-3 hit you die.

After all its depend how the mission is configured, it can be sometimes a good deal to make a player ultra resistant against infected if the higher level armor/helmet are rare loot.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Recaldy said:

Chernarus Redux got a big update on the 16th. I gotta edit my missions now. @_@;

If you find that you cannot open your mission in editor after the update you will need to delete the Chernarus_building_objects classname under addons inside of your mission file I had to do the same thing lol

Had my first observation of the awesome AI Looters feature earlier, the mission is a Renegades only affair, so no Bandit squads.

All encounters had different results, for instance when an AI kills another AI, if there is no other immediate danger around he will go right up to his prize, loot him and move on.

If, however the AI has other distractions around like zeds or renegades, he will still loot a corpse but does so at a greater distance, in these instances the looting action distance to a corpse can be anything up to 10-15 metres

Overall it's a top notch new feature and in a Renegade only scenario this new feature makes the battlefield much more dynamic. I haven't observed Bandit squads looting yet, can't wait to see how they roll with it. :rthumb:

• Like 7

On 8/18/2019 at 9:00 PM, tourist said:

BTW, your driving code is  also absolutely stunning - I saw AI in an APC actually reverse from a roadblock, then take a parallel road and circumvent the roadblock instead of stupidly banging into the obstacle 100 times as usual...

Thanks buddy! The initial test ground was the Fallujah terrain - not the easiest driving school environment... ^^

Having satisfying AI-driven vehicles was a sine qua non condition before upgrading the ambient AI module. With that being dealt with (at last!), I feel like it's finally time to start work on upgraded module(s).

Regarding AI Looters, I'm fine-tuning the system and will push a small update soon, including new post-apo-ready assets by EO. 😉 

• Like 10

Updated One Job Too Far for the redux update. I seem to have a much more enjoyable time playing when radiation is turned off.

Once again I besiege thee, wizards of the web. I am but a simple man, with simple desires and so I wish to slap this:

0 = ["ChromAberration", 200, [0.05, 0.05, true]] spawn { params ["_name", "_priority", "_effect", "_handle"]; while { _handle = ppEffectCreate [_name, _priority]; _handle < 0 } do { _priority = _priority + 1; }; _handle ppEffectEnable true; _handle ppEffectAdjust _effect; _handle ppEffectCommit 5; waitUntil {ppEffectCommitted _handle}; systemChat "admire effect for a sec"; uiSleep 3; _handle ppEffectEnable false; ppEffectDestroy _handle; };

...into the activation field of a trigger, define a zone, define a countdown and be delighted by seemingly random visual effects, stalker-esque if you wish.

Now the issue here is that the effect is global (talking MP here), and I tried to make it local for only the player who enters the trigger zone – yet again I failed. Please help.

• Haha 1

You d have to work with remote exec and limit the target to the player, as a general guide into a possible solution

Or you add a loop to the initplayerlocal.sqf that checks if you get near the anomaly marker, and then triggers the effect. This way its local to the player

Hi all,

Good stuff is coming!

Fellow survivalists are currently combining forces to create a.. tam tam taaaam...

World War Z: a Ravage & Vandeanson's Apocalypse dedicated server

We are puting together (just to name a few) Ravage, VA, and some custom scripts and mods to create an awesome DayZ like (sorry for the overused reference..) PVE and PVP experience.
The focus is on creating a persistent Multiplayer experience.
We also plan to implement a leveling system with the possiblity to gain access to new Tiers of items/gear, events and locations, to keep things interessting.

The project is in its first days and more information and testing events will follow.

It is a core element that we create a interessting loot and trade economy with a custom loot table.
We want to use the Ravage loot system for that and are looking for someone that is proficient (with University Diploma and AAA references) in putting together custom loot tables for ravage.

The Server will run the ChernarusRedux map, is based in Frankfurt and should be capable of handling up to 100 player slots.
We hope to create a persistent, long standing home for all Ravagers and other Survivalists to hop on and have a good time.

The "game mode" will be as hardcore as possible but playable.

Our first priority is to get the base systems/features working on a acceptable FPS level.
On that basis, we will extend the features.

This will require a lot of testing and we will be reaching out here to invite for test events at some point.

In the hopes to have gotten you hyped..

Cheers
VD & The Architect

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

We are puting together (just to name a few) Ravage, VA, and some custom scripts and mods to create an awesome DayZ like (sorry for the overused reference..) PVE and PVP experience.

DayZ it's really an never ending story for the arma !

Spoiler

GOD WITH YOU GUYS !

etgxtz2h0k921.png

Feel free to use if you want any of my scripts !

I will be waiting for your news Guys !

Keep it up !

Thanks to @Haleks for the @Ravage Mod , we have played a lot of good DayZ like Missions !

• Like 3

Another quick question about gearpool settings and custom arrays.

Do specified custom weapons and gear spawn 100% and exclude any of the default settings (Iron Front, CUP, RHS, Arma, etc)? Or do they spawn alongside whatever settings you have regardless.

Also, do you need to have the default settings enabled based on what custom weapons and gear you have listed in order to spawn on bandits correctly? I haven't been sure whether to just set all of the options to "Yes" or "No" or whether it matters at all.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

The focus is on creating a persistent Multiplayer experience.
We also plan to implement a leveling system with the possiblity to gain access to new Tiers of items/gear, events and locations, to keep things interessting.

If you need any of the weather system scripts / or would like to use them and improve on them or build off of them (icons, systems, etc...) feel free to rip them from "The Burning Rain".

***This goes for EVERYONE in this thread not just VD.***

I have Chernarus REDUX mapped pretty well with my whole re-written weather system so it should serve you pretty well if utilized, and it does work in MP. (initServer/initPlayerServer, can't remember... You'll have to play with it.)

As for questions feel free to shoot a message (I don't bite much... But I may rob you in DayZ... 😉 ) If you do find yourself in need of an answer please message me on Steam, or add a comment in my profile, I changed my DisplayName to something more simpler "TenuredCLOUD" if you have the same DisplayName then just shoot me a friend request as I know most of you 🙂 The  reason I'm asking to message me on Steam is I generally am NOT in the forums anymore, I still edit and what not but it is some what less frequent then the older times... I still highly enjoy playing Ravage though, and you are all still very much family. I just mainly find myself playing DayZ, SCUM, or I am streaming.

Steam:

Cheers! 🍻

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

You d have to work with remote exec and limit the target to the player, as a general guide into a possible solution

Or you add a loop to the initplayerlocal.sqf that checks if you get near the anomaly marker, and then triggers the effect. This way its local to the player

In my shame, I am unable to make either the remotexec nor the initplayerlocal loop approach work for me, while I do understand the underlying principles somewhat, my sqf is simply insufficient.

Is there a way to have seperate equipment arays per Indi, opfor and blufor AI? I want to have something similar to Dust's CSAT but one for INDI using AAFs equipment.

2 hours ago, Recaldy said:

Is there a way to have seperate equipment arays per Indi, opfor and blufor AI? I want to have something similar to Dust's CSAT but one for INDI using AAFs equipment.

Not at the moment - not without overriding big chunks of the AI spawn system anyway. That's something I will work on when I upgrade the AI module.

Right now the best option would be to use a separate spawn system for a specific faction.

i found an issue in the survival mode, i always encounter a group of survivors with dog in them, then the dog seems jump out through anything they can pass through objects and walls. that's kinda sucks even when i hide i suddenly fall down then i don't see any enemy then i see a dog pouncing on me... please help fix it... and BTW i love this mod i hope for further updates...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Less Grav said:

i found an issue in the survival mode, i always encounter a group of survivors with dog in them, then the dog seems jump out through anything they can pass through objects and walls. that's kinda sucks even when i hide i suddenly fall down then i don't see any enemy then i see a dog pouncing on me... please help fix it... and BTW i love this mod i hope for further updates...

While in editor, turn that off under the vandeansons apocaypse AI settings by disabeling the AI stalkers and the AI patrols 🙂

• Like 1

@haleks Hi man hope your keeping well. 

I just looked at ravage after a year,so many new changes,its fantastic.

I was dabbling with the modules,but didnt geta chance to test,and i saw the "gear pool" module....Does this replace the init.sqf way of adding modded item and weapons into user made missions?

IE can i add the classnames in the module and as long as the mod is running,such loot will spawn? 

Sorry may be obvious question but iv been away for a long time and theres alot of info to narrow down.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, redarmy said:

@haleks Hi man hope your keeping well. 

I just looked at ravage after a year,so many new changes,its fantastic.

I was dabbling with the modules,but didnt geta chance to test,and i saw the "gear pool" module....Does this replace the init.sqf way of adding modded item and weapons into user made missions?

IE can i add the classnames in the module and as long as the mod is running,such loot will spawn? 

Sorry may be obvious question but iv been away for a long time and theres alot of info to narrow down.

Hi mate, welcome back ! 😉

Yes, the gearpool module is designed for that : no need to dabble with scripts anymore, and the changes made on the gear lists are also applied to the loot that spawns (not only AI equipment).

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, haleks said:

Hi mate, welcome back ! 😉

Yes, the gearpool module is designed for that : no need to dabble with scripts anymore, and the changes made on the gear lists are also applied to the loot that spawns (not only AI equipment).

Oh that makes things so much better.

Thanks for all the continued hard work on the mod.Gona fire it up asap.

• Like 1

@redarmy: check the changelog in the OP, there've been some additions lately, including an enhanced AI Drivers system and AI Looters (both in the Settings module).

• Like 1

I was curious how the Dead Rising feature would work with the Ghosts....

It works really well for the most part, the AI resurrect with most of the Ghost ppeffects, the only issue is the reanimated Ghost will still be wearing his original outfit, partially obscured by the ppeffects but not a full on Ghost...Can this be tweaked to have them reanimate as a full on Ghost? 

4 hours ago, EO said:

I was curious how the Dead Rising feature would work with the Ghosts....

It works really well for the most part, the AI resurrect with most of the Ghost ppeffects, the only issue is the reanimated Ghost will still be wearing his original outfit, partially obscured by the ppeffects but not a full on Ghost...Can this be tweaked to have them reanimate as a full on Ghost? 

Not really at the moment... But wouldn't ghosts appearing over killed units work better (rather than dead bodies turning into ghosts)?

event_id = addMissionEventHandler ["EntityKilled", {
	_this spawn {
		params ["_unit", "_killer", "_instigator", "_useEffects"];
		if (_unit isKindOf "zombie" || vehicle _unit != _unit || !(_unit iskindof "CAManBase")) exitWith {};
		_z = [getpos _unit, 0] call rvg_fnc_zed_spawn;
		hideObjectGlobal _z;
		sleep 3 + random 3;
		_z hideObjectGlobal false;
	};
}];

• Like 4