More hazardous rains?

Maybe add an option to increase the radiation received from the rain, a slider or numeric value of radiation. Make it a bit more dangerous to venture out during the rain, something similar to @MuRaZorWitchKINGs weather script, just with radiation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

More hazardous rains?

Maybe add an option to increase the radiation received from the rain, a slider or numeric value of radiation. Make it a bit more dangerous to venture out during the rain, something similar to @MuRaZorWitchKINGs weather script, just with radiation. 

I think a more important addition would be a dumpster so we can roleplay as Glenn and hide from zombie hordes.

latest?cb=20151026214951

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

210A8F8791EFF28DC77EECAB1D6F97E7AFE50A53
Henlo frens,
I made a mission for ravage, its on Chernarus Redux - with a LOT of mods.  
I originally just wanted to make it for myself, and maybe some friends to mess around with. But the project took on a life of its own. And here we are...

GITHUB https://github.com/jakehekesfists/ravage-dmd-edit-chernarusredux
STEAM WORKSHOPhttps://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1854589233

Basically I used to run some dayz epoch, exile and wasteland servers, I stopped this years back, but I kinda missed playing it, and i really missed the scripting side of it tbh,
So the premise here was to create a hybrid of DayZ epoch mod, A3 Wasteland and Exile.
I like what I've made so far, and wanted to share it with the community

I have used and modified some 3rd party scripts, such as r3f logistics, sethduda's advanced towing and @HallyG HALs equipment store.
But theres also a lot of custom stuff I've written into this, such as AI mission systems, PUBG style "redzone" artillery strikes, AI city invasions, service station repair, a ground loot spawn system to work in conjunction with the default ravage loot system, trader safe zones, night fog, and all sorts of stuff. 
but most importantly an inidbi2 persistence system which saves vehicles, players, base parts, bank accounts and the in-game time/date. 

I do need to warn everyone in advance, I haven't even attempted to run this in a dedicated environment. and that no attention has been paid to antihack/security at all as it has only been ran locally. 
This mission hasn't been thoroughly tested. But it appears to work as intended when I host from my local machine. 

There are still some changes I want to make in future. 
But I hope that some of you can take this and improve upon it. or at the very least have some fun playing what I've made.

Cheers 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Tiny update time!

Some bits related to sleeping in SP were outdated and needed a few tweaks... By the way, I will update the 'sleeping system' soon to be a bit more restrictive - more akin to what's done in The Long Dark. 😉 

Tweaked:
Improved "Sleep" action to allow sleeping in all tent types without needing a fire.
Updated default settings for the Survival Module to include new tents.*
Updated Altis showcase to include new tents.

*Important
Mission makers may have to update the Usable Beds entry in the Survival module with the following objects :
"rvg_dome_tent.p3d","rvg_dome_tent_blu.p3d","rvg_dome_tent_grn.p3d"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, haleks said:

Tiny update time!

Some bits related to sleeping in SP were outdated and needed a few tweaks... By the way, I will update the 'sleeping system' soon to be a bit more restrictive - more akin to what's done in The Long Dark. 😉 

No sleep till Brooklyn my brother lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, JakeHekesFists said:

I made a mission for ravage,

Thank you very much JakeHekesFists for sharing your mission and thanks for the credits as well !

Nice job !

First post !

Welcome also to BI Forums !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JakeHekesFists said:

But I hope that some of you can take this and improve upon it. or at the very least have some fun playing what I've made.

I'll definitely be checking out your implementation of the inidbi2 persistence system.

Thanks for sharing your project. :rthumb:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JakeHekesFists said:

I made a mission for ravage, its on Chernarus Redux - with a LOT of mods. 

I took a look on your workshop item. It looks quite interesting...

Though, from previous experiences, I should note to you before your workshop gets blown up with either negative reviews, or negative comments...

Remove one or the other: “CUP pack” or the “RHS pack” I HIGHLY recommend using one or the other due to conflicting efforts of each mod when implemented into a mission.

I should also note, RHS complete pack is a very, very demanding system, instead of only adding some scripted systems like CUP, RHS changes around some items, and game settings entirely  (it runs a crap ton of background scripts) so you’ll need to check for constant stability for hours of gameplay.

I hope this makes some sense 😂

And believe me when I say that there truly is a threshold for just how much Arma’s engine can handle.... Believe me, I’ve hit it before. (When a Mission has just too many scripts running / things going on) There’s a balancing point that you want to find. 😉 

Your item looks good though, I encourage further development, and learning off of it mate.

Cheers! 🍻

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Remove one or the other: “CUP pack” or the “RHS pack” I HIGHLY recommend using one or the other due to conflicting efforts of each mod when implemented into a mission.

I ran several exile servers in my time, I know it can cause some headaches. One of my old servers was an RHS/CUP militarised exile on tavi a3 before that got pulled from workshop.
And surprisingly it actually ran quite well, just never got more than 15-20 people in though. so never got stressed i suppose. Especially not with my 3 hour restart cycles.

But this cherno redux mission was just a personal project designed mostly to be single player or just for a small group of players. 

If you have a look in the config files in github, i've made it pretty customisable, i use a lot of #ifdef statements so mods can be turned on/off  in future, 
I was actually planning, once I'm happy with this mission and I work out a good way to re-do my createbuildingrelative function.
Then I can make some new mission compositions that arent full of cup items, to make 2 more variants. 

At the moment the plan is to do one on malden, one on tanoa. one with just rhs. one completely vanilla. 
maybe a third one on the new terrain if i stop being cheap and buy the latest dlc. 

• Like 3

@JakeHekesFists I checked the mission out briefly yesterday in both hosted LAN and true dedicated server environment as in "upload the mission on my rented dedi server and then join as client".

In addition to the required mods I had ASR AI running on server & client, and inidbi2 running at both server (-servermod=@inidbi2) and client (-mod=@inidbi2) during the dedi server test run;  also added to that modline a few QOL addons clientside-only like Enhanced Movement or JSRS Sounds.

In hosted LAN, everything worked "as advertised"; on runningn the mission on the dedi server I noted the following issues so far:

1) When I started the mission for the first time and died the first time, I got the respawn window, but was denied the respawn button; it stayed greyed out and no timer was shown.  Game time was running in real time/timescale 1:1. Only after quitting as client (keeping the server running) and re-joining anew, I briefly spawned into my charcter's dead body, then got offered the respawn.  For subsequent respawns it worked without any problem.

2) Prior to the first respawn, the RAVAGE options like search vehicles and objects or repair vehicles were unavailable, but your mission's own actions like the vehicle claiming showed up. Also your actions like the logistics stuff and the vehicle claiming were unavailable. From the first respawn onwards, both RAVAGE and your actions appeared & stayed available & functional.  Also now the time was running a a larger timescale like x4 or x8 by the looks of it.

3) The persistence on my dedi server worked only in the situation where I disconnected as player, but kept the server running. After doing a server restart, the persistent data was wiped. Today I will try once more with @inidbi2 loaded ONLY on the server for that setup; maybe that was the mistake.  

That's it so far; had a lot of fun & will edit this post once I have checked the persistence over server restarts if @inidbi2 is loading only on the server.

EDIT: Checked it; even though the data "survives" in the db folder of @inidbi2 mod over the server restart, it is wiped upon player joining. 

ADDITION:  The performance might be a problem once more players join. This might be due to the already high map object count of Chernarus Redux itself. I recall that back in the day when both maps were still actively maintained one argument to prefer South Zagoria/Chernarus 2035 over Chernarus Redux was the waaay better performance of the first compared to the latter. Upon spawning in your mission at the beach near Balota Airfield I had 70-80 FPS, but once in the town of Balota with a few objects & zeds & badits, it went down to 30. 

That's it so far; I hope you keep this up as I am always eager to play a truly persistent APOC/ZAPOC mission which offers more "goals" or "purpose" than the basic sandbox gameplay. 

Best Regards & THX for sharing the mission

tourist

Edited by tourist
Additional info/more detailed testing of mission
  • Like 3

Welp my Ravage/CBA only mission wont load now because of the update and it's binirized w/e so I can't(?) remove the addons. Are the Livionia buildings still supposed to be empty?

Complete newbie here! Does ravage loot system spawn weapons from Niarms/hlc? I can use it as both individually or as Niarms all in one.

And if the default doesn't simply spawn rightaway, how do i make myself a singleplayer scenario where the Ravage spawn weapons from particular mod into loots, into the hands of raiders/survivors and trader shops?

I'll make my scenario on Altis (AltisApocalypse) and will have rhs, cup, gm and fruitninja on. I just need stuffs from niarms to make my survival journey more exciting. If i get to enable niarms g3, I'll to disable gm altogether. Thank you very much!

I also want to know which could be the best ai mod to use with ravage, or do ravage even need an ai mod really??

I use vcomai for my usual gameplay with myself or friends. But im worry that the many settings of vcom would ruined my apocalypse playground. Someone told me asrai is good with ravage. Should i use it? Or it's better to play with vanilla first, as new player of Ravage mod? Thanks. 

The most important question up in my head right now still is how do i get weapons and uniforms from mods other than rhs, cup,warfarethai , iron front, fruit ninja, to be spawn in my singleplayer ravage scenario. In fact I've read some pages on here that you have to put class name into the module. But which module? I never done things like that. Where do i get these so call class name? If possible can some of you just give me complete lines of text/code to put in here? Thx again

10 hours ago, Recaldy said:

Welp my Ravage/CBA only mission wont load now because of the update and it's binirized w/e so I can't(?) remove the addons. Are the Livionia buildings still supposed to be empty?

1.) Create a clone of your “mission.sqm” file and drag it into another folder....

2.) Open Arma 3 with required mods, etc for your mission.

3.) Upon error popup click okay.

4.) Navigate to the upper settings in Editor...

5.) locate the “Merge” option. Click it. (Somewhere in the upper left menu)

6.) Once you are in the “Merging menu” find the mission you can no longer open and Merge it.

7.) It’s editable again. 😉 

I should note this will ONLY work if you have ALL required items, and did in fact not change anything mod wise, etc... However, if the scenario’s map or something was updated and the creators of the map added in more content to it, etc... Then it WILL WORK.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, tourist said:

@JakeHekesFists I checked the mission out briefly yesterday in both hosted LAN and true dedicated server environment as in "upload the mission on my rented dedi server and then join as client".

In addition to the required mods I had ASR AI running on server & client, and inidbi2 running at both server (-servermod=@inidbi2) and client (-mod=@inidbi2) during the dedi server test run;  also added to that modline a few QOL addons clientside-only like Enhanced Movement or JSRS Sounds.

In hosted LAN, everything worked "as advertised"; on runningn the mission on the dedi server I noted the following issues so far:

1) When I started the mission for the first time and died the first time, I got the respawn window, but was denied the respawn button; it stayed greyed out and no timer was shown.  Game time was running in real time/timescale 1:1. Only after quitting as client (keeping the server running) and re-joining anew, I briefly spawned into my charcter's dead body, then got offered the respawn.  For subsequent respawns it worked without any problem.

2) Prior to the first respawn, the RAVAGE options like search vehicles and objects or repair vehicles were unavailable, but your mission's own actions like the vehicle claiming showed up. Also your actions like the logistics stuff and the vehicle claiming were unavailable. From the first respawn onwards, both RAVAGE and your actions appeared & stayed available & functional.  Also now the time was running a a larger timescale like x4 or x8 by the looks of it.

3) The persistence on my dedi server worked only in the situation where I disconnected as player, but kept the server running. After doing a server restart, the persistent data was wiped. Today I will try once more with @inidbi2 loaded ONLY on the server for that setup; maybe that was the mistake.  

That's it so far; had a lot of fun & will edit this post once I have checked the persistence over server restarts if @inidbi2 is loading only on the server.

EDIT: Checked it; even though the data "survives" in the db folder of @inidbi2 mod over the server restart, it is wiped upon player joining. 

ADDITION:  The performance might be a problem once more players join. This might be due to the already high map object count of Chernarus Redux itself. I recall that back in the day when both maps were still actively maintained one argument to prefer South Zagoria/Chernarus 2035 over Chernarus Redux was the waaay better performance of the first compared to the latter. Upon spawning in your mission at the beach near Balota Airfield I had 70-80 FPS, but once in the town of Balota with a few objects & zeds & badits, it went down to 30. 

That's it so far; I hope you keep this up as I am always eager to play a truly persistent APOC/ZAPOC mission which offers more "goals" or "purpose" than the basic sandbox gameplay. 

Best Regards & THX for sharing the mission

tourist

thats really good feedback, thanks for that. I figured dedicated would give some problems. 
i knew the frames were going to pretty woeful from the outset, this combo of mods. on that map. never gonna be great. cant imagine what it would be like to have a large battle down in the revamped cherno or elektro. I'm running a skylake i7 and 1080ti and during some of my early tests with 60+ ai at the first iteration of the invasion missions... my computer was wanting to cry or spontaneously combust

i wont have the time this weekend to give it the attention it deserves, but during the week ill look into setting up a windows vm that i can use as a mock dedi and test properly with.
I've tried running TADST locally and I didnt have any database issues? I only ran inidbi2 as -servermod though. not on client.
player data should delete on death, nothing else. 

No updates pushed just yet, but i've found a good way to create new mission compositions so i can ditch CUP, and move this across to other maps, I gotta make some new comps during the week next week, push that. and then we'll go from there. Not ditching the project, I would prefer to get it working

On 9/6/2019 at 1:39 PM, JakeHekesFists said:

At the moment the plan is to do one on malden, one on tanoa. one with just rhs. one completely vanilla. maybe a third one on the new terrain if i stop being cheap and buy the latest dlc. 

Hoping you add an Altis version to that list, for me it's still the best performing vanilla map when coupled with Ravage modules, and when I say best performing of course I mean everything east of Kavala!! 

Out of all the other vanilla maps Altis still has that gloriously abandoned look nailed, and Haleks superb Derelict mod supports Altis for that little extra post-apocalyptic ambience.

• Like 1

@Bukain 

The Gear Pool Module is the friend your looking for, you can add weapons and gear from virtually any Arma 3 mod by adding the correct classnames to the relevant arrays in the Gear Pool module. Run your mouse over the tooltips for a brief description of how the arrays work.

NIArms classnames are all listed on each of the NIArms Steam Workshop pages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bukain said:

I also want to know which could be the best ai mod to use with ravage, or do ravage even need an ai mod really??

I use vcomai for my usual gameplay with myself or friends. But im worry that the many settings of vcom would ruined my apocalypse playground. Someone told me asrai is good with ravage. Should i use it? Or it's better to play with vanilla first, as new player of Ravage mod? Thanks. 

The most important question up in my head right now still is how do i get weapons and uniforms from mods other than rhs, cup,warfarethai , iron front, fruit ninja, to be spawn in my singleplayer ravage scenario. In fact I've read some pages on here that you have to put class name into the module. But which module? I never done things like that. Where do i get these so call class name? If possible can some of you just give me complete lines of text/code to put in here? Thx again

I would stick with VCOM but disable the Ability to steal Vehicles and make sure to add this code to any AI you don't want running VCOM such as traders (group this) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true];

Spoiler

ADDITIONAL COMMANDS
  (group this) setVariable ["VCM_NOFLANK",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from executing advanced movement maneuvers.
  (group this) setVariable ["VCM_NORESCUE",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from responding to calls for backup.
  (group this) setVariable ["VCM_TOUGHSQUAD",true]; //This command will stop the AI squad from calling for backup.
  (group this) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true]; //This command will disable Vcom AI on a group entirely.
  (group this) setVariable ["VCM_DisableForm",true]; //This command will disable AI group from changing formations. 
  (group this) setVariable ["VCM_Skilldisable",true]; //This command will disable an AI group from being impacted by Vcom AI skill changes.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gill93 said:

I would stick with VCOM but disable the Ability to steal Vehicles and make sure to add this code to any AI you don't want running VCOM such as traders (group this) setVariable ["Vcm_Disable",true];

VCOM DOES ruin Helicopters flight paths, so if you are using customized flight paths for helicopters, I personally wouldn’t use it.

I had helicopters “freezing up” basically would just hover completely stagnant because with VCOM AI the AI have the ability to call in airstrikes and support, so it basically just would ruin their pre-placed routes. So I ended up removing VCOM 

Basically just watch what you add, like I’ve said earlier Arma can only handle so many things running at once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

VCOM DOES ruin Helicopters flight paths, so if you are using customized flight paths for helicopters, I personally wouldn’t use it.

I had helicopters “freezing up” basically would just hover completely stagnant because with VCOM AI the AI have the ability to call in airstrikes and support, so it basically just would ruin their pre-placed routes. So I ended up removing VCOM 

Basically just watch what you add, like I’ve said earlier Arma can only handle so many things running at once.

I agree totally I had similar issues ended up having to add that code to all the units and squad leaders that I wanted to avoid using vcom altogether and from what I can tell it works but like you said with a lot going on arma can only handle so much.

• Like 1

Thought I'd share a small set of improvised shelters I use for the sleep function in Ravage, the cool thing is although the sleep action is available around these shelters, you can't actually sleep until your inside them....

gUE4vuV.jpg

Just add this to the "Usable Beds" array in the Survival module.

"BusStop_01_shelter_F","V3S_wreck_F","ConcretePipe_F","BusStop_02_shelter_F","Caravan_01_green_F","Caravan_01_rust_F","FeedShack_01_F","HistoricalPlaneWreck_02_rear_F","HistoricalPlaneWreck_02_front_F","RailwayCar_01_passenger_F",

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, EO said:

Thought I'd share a small set of improvised shelters

I think ravage can be also turned into a homeless simulator 🙂

• Haha 1

I found a bug with the uniform RVG Diamond fatigues :

-The weapon holder its a corpse.

-Equipable slot its back pack.

-Thats bug when i equip it

Here few screenchot :

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1858586124

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1858586155

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1858586177

@damsous, I'm not sure I understand your "bug" report, but going by the screenshots you don't own the Apex expansion? That particular uniform, the long sleeve/high neck uses a model from the CTRG faction from Apex Expansion and must be regarded as Premium content. :icon_cry:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EO said:

@damsous, I'm not sure I understand your "bug" report, but going by the screenshots you don't own the Apex expansion? That particular uniform, the long sleeve/high neck uses a model from the CTRG faction from Apex Expansion and must be regarded as Premium content. :icon_cry:

No i don't have apex but its an uniform and i can grab it, only the weapon and vehicle are locked. The weaponholder show a body wearing the uniform, can only be equiped in backpack slot, and there is weird graphic bug, check the screenshoot :

-1st screen its the uniform weapon holder, not a corpse, but the uniform weapon holder show a body.

-2nd screen its just for showing wich item is bugged.

-3rd screen there a weird graphic glitch, there is an other extented neck on the top of my head + just the eyes, i can show you more screen if you need