SGT Fuller

United States Air Force( 2015)

I have a few questions about the upcoming update. Will security force units including the police cars be removed? I think I've heard or read something about it. I'm just asking because several of my custom scenarios have SF units and I would just like to know whether I need a replacement or not :) Something else I would like to ask is about the missile firing animation for the F35 and the F22. In real life they only open their weapons bay doors for less than a second when firing a missile before they automatically close again. In the future will this be included as part of the firing animation? Keep up the good work and if anyone can answer my questions thanks in advance 

The police and SF units will be moved to optional pbos. Not sure the latter is possible with arma's animation and weapon systems, but we'll look into it, thanks for the suggestion!

Het Sgt Fuller, I was wondering about something i'm basically Luetin09's technical kinda guy and we want to do some more honor to your awesome mod. However for this purpose i have quickly unpacked your ldl_ac130 pbo and repacked it just for that purpose so the key checks out for the server we'll use. I hope you don't mind if however you do mind please let me know because i don not want to go against you in any way as i very much respect your work as a fellow "very early beginning" modder. Also the 105 millimeter doesn't seem to damage buildings or units. Is this maybe something broken with my version or have you heard of this before? If you'll allow me to quickly upload it to steam with it set to "friends only" so that we can use it for some missions and recording sessions to make more people aware of your great mod that'd be nice too. And at the end just personally you made a very beautiful great looking mod. As far as i'm concerned this is by far one of the best mods when it comes to detail both in polycount as in texture design. Even all of your technical and HUD's and all those shennanigans are absolutely terrific ^^ I am very much looking forward to your full release.

Unpacking/repacking is typically considered a no-no.  Ditto for hosting on steam.

23 hours ago, ShadowFoxBE said:

Het Sgt Fuller, I was wondering about something i'm basically Luetin09's technical kinda guy and we want to do some more honor to your awesome mod. However for this purpose i have quickly unpacked your ldl_ac130 pbo and repacked it just for that purpose so the key checks out for the server we'll use. I hope you don't mind if however you do mind please let me know because i don not want to go against you in any way as i very much respect your work as a fellow "very early beginning" modder. Also the 105 millimeter doesn't seem to damage buildings or units. Is this maybe something broken with my version or have you heard of this before? If you'll allow me to quickly upload it to steam with it set to "friends only" so that we can use it for some missions and recording sessions to make more people aware of your great mod that'd be nice too. And at the end just personally you made a very beautiful great looking mod. As far as i'm concerned this is by far one of the best mods when it comes to detail both in polycount as in texture design. Even all of your technical and HUD's and all those shennanigans are absolutely terrific ^^ I am very much looking forward to your full release.

No i do not want my mod on steam right now. The update that is coming out will be on steam. My user agreement states that you cannot use any part of the mod for anything outside of using the mod for playing Arma 3. I will look into the discrepancy you reported and get back with you. 

46 minutes ago, SGT Fuller said:

No i do not want my mod on steam right now. The update that is coming out will be on steam. My user agreement states that you cannot use any part of the mod for anything outside of using the mod for playing Arma 3. I will look into the discrepancy you reported and get back with you. 

Thanks for the answer and yes it's the 105 that doesnt do damage on the spectre as well as sometimes the sound stops for people on the ground. The gun firing you'll still hear just not the explosions it happened randomly a few times it looked liked didn't seem to be JIP related or anything.

so first off, HOLY CRAP I LOVE THIS MOD

second.. my OCD is killing me with how many technical errors you have in this.. I work with or have worked with most of these airframes and your munitions on the trailers x_x need some serious love... hit me up id love to help you get some of these details sorted out :) cause this mod has become a requirement for all my friends and my dedicated server :D keep it up!!!

btw LOVE the fact that you use the Spirit of Kansas for the B2 as shes the only B2 we ever lost. 

Hi! First off let me say thank you for this excellent mod. Keep up the great work!

I've managed to fix LurchiDerLurch's AC130 script for arma 3. I've fixed the 105mm cannon damage. I've also replaced the explosion effects with those of the new VTOL from Apex. This brings it more in line with standard A3 units, fixes the missing sound issues for ground units, and generally makes it seem less OP.

The only thing still bugging me is that no entry pop up that appears when you first enable the autopilot. 'Bin\config.bin/LDL_Monitor/LDL_Map.LineMarker'. If anyone has any ideas how I could fix this I'd be happy to put in the time.

Obviously I'd never redistribute someone else's work. This is just something I've done for myself. Seeing as you already use this script I'd be happy to share my changes if you are still using it in the next update? Cheers.

Edited by StrebloJones

On 1/23/2017 at 6:10 PM, stormoffires said:

On 1/31/2017 at 5:06 AM, StrebloJones said:

Thanks for the feedback guys! Most if not all of the errors you're see now are due to the recent updates changing things around, especially Apex. Our first priority is polish, which is why the update is taking so long. We can barely keep up with Bohemia! It's awesome to see such active development and TLC so long after game launch, just makes for a challenging addon development cycle for a small team with a huge mod. :sigh: I'll check and see if we've fixed the AC-130 issue yet, I believe it was being worked on.

2 hours ago, raynor_d said:

Thanks for the feedback guys! Most if not all of the errors you're see now are due to the recent updates changing things around, especially Apex. Our first priority is polish, which is why the update is taking so long. We can barely keep up with Bohemia! It's awesome to see such active development and TLC so long after game launch, just makes for a challenging addon development cycle for a small team with a huge mod. :sigh: I'll check and see if we've fixed the AC-130 issue yet, I believe it was being worked on.

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear the AC130 script is being looked at. There's nothing else like it out there, and it's been around for years. It's a great script and deserves to be maintained.

You are right about the no entry warning. It did indeed appear with the Apex update.

Im not a scripting master or anything, I only know enough to get by, but if I can help in any way please let me know!

Is there anyway to take out the aircraft i dont want from the mod without breaking the mod and causing it to not work.

Here is a little tease of what is to come, more to follow soon!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Foxone said:

Here is a little tease of what is to come, more to follow soon!

this is not good   its a USAF mod ...... not a NAVY mod  get rid of that ugly Navy plane ASAP :tounge:

nice work looking forward to the update release :) 

• Like 1

So let's start the rumour mill now; no longer a dedicated USAF mod, but a general US military aviation mod... ? :f:

• Like 1

USMAM  will be there new name :drinking2: the mother of all Aviation Mods :P  (MAM is dutch short term for Mother)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Capt Childs said:

So let's start the rumour mill now; no longer a dedicated USAF mod, but a general US military aviation mod... ? :f:

No, but as we took over the project from Randomslap some time ago now, we kinda merged that into this topic as well :D

• Like 2

Hello everyone:

I introduce myself, my nick is atomicboy and I write to you from spain.

Congratulate you on this great mod and I would like to make a very simple suggestions:

F-16 HARM, can only attack Tigris (Anti-Air). The scrip that allows you to launch the HARM, if you change the radar type variable, type "2" to type "4", this makes it compatible with the ADDON of POOK's SAM.

Greetings to all

Edited by AtomicBoy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AtomicBoy said:

Hello everyone:

I introduce myself, my nick is atomicboy and I write to you from spain.

Congratulate you on this great mod and I would like to make a very simple suggestions:

F-16 HARM, can only attack Tigris (Anti-Air). The scrip that allows you to launch the HARM, if you change the radar type variable, type "2" to type "4", this makes it compatible with the ADDON of POOK's SAM.

Greetings to all

The HARM system has been overhauled a looooooooooooooooong time ago. Plus pook is on the team :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Masnooper said:

That take off from Nimitz was too short

That's a needed deviation from reality to support vanilla and other airplane mods that do not have a special suspension setup. Once the USAF F-35 class names have been published I'll check the plane and add them to the exception list to have a better looking take off.

Some background: The cat launch script checks if a plane type is in an array and then lowers the vertical component of the setVelocity command. This way F-18 and other planes can take off using the deck. The other planes need to make do with a higher vertical component, so their gear and body is not damaged during the cat launch. The array in question is 

TTT_catCapablePlanes

and stored in the nimspots object (_nimspots = ["nimspots"] call TTT_fnc_global;)

• Like 3

Hey man.

Congratulations, you did really did a great service with this modification, I would like to know how I could give you some form of support or help, I would very much like the mod to continue to be updated, without doubt one of the best already made for Arma3

• Like 1