Sign in to follow this  
UltimateBawb

Marksmen DLC Weapon Feedback

For the DLC whats about to rework the 5,56mm, 6,5mm and 7,62mm Suppressors. The new ones looking so damn nice against the old long black dildo's :O

Please Please do a rework of them!

For the DLC whats about to rework the 5,56mm, 6,5mm and 7,62mm Suppressors. The new ones looking so damn nice against the old long black dildo's :O

Please Please do a rework of them!

and what is about Supressor for M320 LRR and GM6 Lynx ?

I added a ticket about the MK-I EMR's weight and other performance factors. The high weight of the EMR seems to reduce the recoil, which makes it a bit of a full auto death ray at close to medium range.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23317

In retrospect, I shouldn't have done this, if it gets fixed then I, as a Swiss man, will no longer be able to enjoy having an overpowered SIG in Arma 3 :P

Edited by RasdenFasden

Quick question for other forum users:

Are the bipods part of the free content, or are they premium?

I'd like to put them in a mission, but don't want to preclude people without the DLC from using them.

Thanks

and what is about Supressor for M320 LRR and GM6 Lynx ?

Absolutely not. Those rifles, especially the Lynx needs to have muzzle brake in place, or their recoil would be so big that there is a risk of injury to the shooter.

Edited by Brisse

Quick question for other forum users:

Are the bipods part of the free content, or are they premium?

I'd like to put them in a mission, but don't want to preclude people without the DLC from using them.

Thanks

If you mean new bipod attachments yes those are free - only weapons , ghillie suits and the new optics are premium

at least from my tests

Absolutely not. Those rifles, especially the Lynx needs to have muzzle brake in place, or their recoil would be so big that there is a risk of injury to the shooter.

Maybe if they mounted the QDL suppressor for the Lynx that might worked , dunno

but the M320 should definitely get a suppressor

What? No they wouldn't- where are you getting your information? A .50 and especially a .408 don't have that much recoil, seriously recoil is ridiculously exaggerated by so many people. Considering how heavy the guns are as well it's not a huge issue. Do you really think redirecting some gasses is the difference between injury and no injury? Please.

What? No they wouldn't- where are you getting your information? A .50 and especially a .408 don't have that much recoil, seriously recoil is ridiculously exaggerated by so many people. Considering how heavy the guns are as well it's not a huge issue. Do you really think redirecting some gasses is the difference between injury and no injury? Please.

Not being funny, but even with a muzzle break,

That being said, I'm not a [sarcasm]hardcore tier 1 SF operator delta man like some of the other esteemed members[/sarcasm] offering their input, so cannot comment from first hand experience as to how much effect or

Also, a direct quote from the Barrett User Manual for the M82A1.

Use your muzzle brake

Your rifle was designed to be fired with the muzzle brake installed. Firing your rifle without the muzzle brake will subject your rifle and its accessories to damaging recoil. It could also cause the shooter to be injured.

Whilst I realise they probably put that on there to cover their backs against lawsuits, much in the same way Starbucks and Costa put on their cups "Caution: Contents may be hot", they may be on to something, especially if the "65% reduction in recoil" is accurate (and considering the guy in the second video I posted was less than pleased with having his collar-bone pushed out of his back).

Edited by Jackal326

That gun has a muzzle brake on it, so it's not really a good example of recoil without a muzzle brake.

Although, as RobertHammer pointed out, suppressors for .50 BMG rifles exist. There are also .408 suppressors, so there's no reason to say that either the Lynx or the M320 couldn't realistically have suppressors available in game.

Edited by roshnak

Well we could ask for jerry's powers :D granted he ain't human

Super-Human shoulder of steel. If he could pull that off without a muzzle-break... :P

Edited by Jackal326

I don't actually mind the current levels of recoil on the Mk-1 EMR. It's a nice NATO equivalent of the Mk18 - EBR which itself is also capable of reasonably accurate auto fire.

so there's no reason to say that either the Lynx or the M320 couldn't realistically have suppressors available in game.

Does anybody actually manufacture suppressors for the GM6 though? The standard muzzle brake on the rifle obviously doesn't accept a suppressor like the new Barrett brake (shown on the rifle in the video at the top of the page) or the Cheytac brake does.

I've no idea whether the GM6's brake is removable or whether it's fully integrated into the barrel, so it may just be that a suppressor is unrealistic for this particular rifle.

At any rate, BIS are well consulted on what the real rifle is capable of: https://www.bistudio.com/blog/a-thing-of-beauty-gepard-gm6-lynx

To everyone worshiping muzzle brakes:

The weapon fired in this video is extremely lightweight compared to the GM6 and M320 as well, and the guy is fine. Muzzle brakes do not reduce "65% of the recoil." The main reason these weapons don't have terrible recoil is because they're heavy as all hell, not because they have a simple muzzle brake.

Does anybody actually manufacture suppressors for the GM6 though? The standard muzzle brake on the rifle obviously doesn't accept a suppressor like the new Barrett brake (shown on the rifle in the video at the top of the page) or the Cheytac brake does.

I've no idea whether the GM6's brake is removable or whether it's fully integrated into the barrel, so it may just be that a suppressor is unrealistic for this particular rifle.

At any rate, BIS are well consulted on what the real rifle is capable of: https://www.bistudio.com/blog/a-thing-of-beauty-gepard-gm6-lynx

I am sure that GM6 muzzle break can be removed , same as on original M82 does - then you can attach a suppressor on the threaded barrel

atm there isn't a official made GM6 suppressor , but i can imagine the QDL like suppressor mounted directly on the barrel

Edited by RobertHammer

I prefer a NV LPRS instead of a suppressor. The use of sound suppressors are related to close quarters battle why use .408 and .50 cal under 500 meters?? At long distance shooting only with short firing time AI is able to detect us.

Edited by Five_Seven5-7

I prefer a NV LPRS instead of a suppressor. The use of sound suppressors are related to close quarters battle why use .408 and .50 cal under 500 meters?? At long distance shooting only with short firing time AI is able to detect us.

Did you say Suppressors are used for CQB? No. It depends on the mission/situation. Suppressors are more effective at medium range, as in real life, the sound of the gun shot is inaudible over 200-300 meters, depending on the caliber, and terrain. This means you can take out enemies at 400-800+ meters without them even knowing what to do, where to run. They can only base reaction off of bullet impact direction, unless of course they have a thermal sight.Suppressors generally don't have an impact on Ballistics, and cracks if it's not Sub-sonic Ammunition.

It would be nice if we could have a third attachment of ie ATN PS28 or PS40

08.jpg

Suppressors generally don't have an impact on Ballistics

There's one important exception to that which seriously limits the practicality of mounting/unmounting a suppressor in the field. The point of impact changes, so the weapon needs to be zeroed in the configuration it is going to be used. If you zero your sight without suppressor, and then attach a suppressor, you won't hit where you are aiming. At point blank range it is of course negligible, but anything beyond close range will not work.

I also noticed the Zafir was rechambered to 7,62mm R. Who came up with this idea? MGs that fire rim ammunition need an internal system that pulls the cartrigdes backwards out of the ammo belt and inserts them into the subjacent chamber. The Zafir has belt-feed, barrel and ejection of the empty cartridges on the same level. There is no room for such a system. I don't have a problem with guns that are rechambered to a caliber that suits their role better but in my opinion this goes a bit too far.

Upvoted.

Edited by StormhawkV

Perhaps the developers are trying to balance the power of the Zafir in realistic ways. If this is the case, then I'm happy they are making the effort to do so. Hopefully, they can make the solution more authentic, in light of StormhawkV's observation.

On a semi-related note: Does anyone know if bipods add to the inertia of a weapon? I assume that magazines do, as MGs with large magazines seem to have more inertia than other rifles. I hope they fix the bug where magazine weight is subtracted from the soldier's total encumbrance when it is loaded in a rifle/MG.

Edited by Agent()()9