Sign in to follow this  
UltimateBawb

Marksmen DLC Weapon Feedback

So far it looks like BI is still trying to 'balance' weapons. The Cyrus and MAR-10 both have extremely low fire rate caps similar to what the GM6 Lynx still suffers from. These weapons are all semi-automatic and they should cycle just as quickly as other semi-automatic weapons- you can even see their bolts slowly close, which looks terribly unrealistic.

The Mk14, Mk18, and Mk-I are basically all the same, why? The Mk14 shouldn't be fully automatic capable at the very least. If the Mk-I was also only semi-auto maybe its existence would be somewhat justified.

Marksman DLC weapons are also of much higher quality than base game weapons. It would be fine if all base game weapons were of acceptable to good quality, but they're not- many are terrible and there's currently no quality control between weapons: https://imgur.com/a/oEIQO

Edited by UltimateBawb

Well they ARE Premium content, and they have been made way after game was initially released, hence better outlook. Mk14 is basically m14, so of course it should have full auto.

So far it looks like BI is still trying to 'balance' weapons. The Cyrus and MAR-10 both have extremely low fire rate caps similar to what the GM6 Lynx still suffers from. These weapons are all semi-automatic and they should cycle just as quickly as other semi-automatic weapons- you can even see their bolts slowly close, which looks terribly unrealistic.

The Mk14, Mk18, and Mk-I are basically all the same, why? The Mk14 shouldn't be fully automatic capable at the very least. If the Mk-I was also only semi-auto maybe its existence would be somewhat justified.

Marksman DLC weapons are also of much higher quality than base game weapons. It would be fine if all base game weapons were of acceptable to good quality, but they're not- many are terrible and there's currently no quality control between weapons: https://imgur.com/a/oEIQO

I can agree with this to a certain extent. But if they were to make them regular semi-auto, than they should at least boost the recoil as well. Or, maybe they should just keep it realistic. Everything is actually better when it's realistic.

Same thing for the unrealistic caliber of the MG5 / the new CSAT MMG, it should have 7.62, but for BALANCING reasons it has a big caliber similar to the Bluefor MMG. This makes the gun useless for missions that care about realism, which is a shame, because there aren't that many guns in Arma 3 that are realistic. (I know, most of them exist in some way, but still)

Everything is actually better when it's realistic.

I disagree on that statement. This is still a video game that is supposed to be fun.

Same thing for the unrealistic caliber of the MG5 / the new CSAT MMG, it should have 7.62, but for BALANCING reasons it has a big caliber similar to the Bluefor MMG. This makes the gun useless for missions that care about realism, which is a shame, because there aren't that many guns in Arma 3 that are realistic. (I know, most of them exist in some way, but still)

Arma3 is futuristic. Stop focussing on hyper "realistic weapons". They are just tools. What really matters is how you guys traverse the landspace, how you use tactics, how you communicate etc.

If for my part don't give a flying feck about the gun I am holding in my hands because if my enemy is better not even a mighty M60 could save my day.

If you want your M16's, use mods. If you want your M240's, use mods. No need to bash new weapons for "lack of realism". You're playing with a mouse and keyboard. That's some realism, mh?

Lots of feedback and bugs to fix:

IR strobe issues:

http://i.imgur.com/2O36eWr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1XBy0ME.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Xwoyld7.jpg

Textures seem too purple:

http://i.imgur.com/OvFx70z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hrfRkQv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rf1f4cA.jpg

And I know this is for weapons but a few other issues I noticed:

http://i.imgur.com/RmulpR4.jpg

Carrier Special Rig vest stretching

http://i.imgur.com/7RigfQm.jpg

Texture issues with the new Carrier Special Rig (MTP)

http://i.imgur.com/rkgUgvN.jpg

SF Helmet distant LOD issues

Also I have restrictions even though I own the bundle.

Edited by Nightmare515

I disagree on that statement. This is still a video game that is supposed to be fun.

Arma3 is futuristic. Stop focussing on hyper "realistic weapons". They are just tools. What really matters is how you guys traverse the landspace, how you use tactics, how you communicate etc.

If for my part don't give a flying feck about the gun I am holding in my hands because if my enemy is better not even a mighty M60 could save my day.

If you want your M16's, use mods. If you want your M240's, use mods. No need to bash new weapons for "lack of realism". You're playing with a mouse and keyboard. That's some realism, mh?

It's opinions like these that ruin Arma. This entire game is based around authenticity and realism- if we were to follow your logic we'd end up with a game like BF. Realism is fun for the audience of this game, that's what people like you don't understand. Just like you don't understand that enough realism is balance. Saying to "use mods" if we want a feature is ridiculous- yeah let's just not have BI do anything and rely on user made mods of varying quality and stability (usually low in at least some regard) to fix the game. How about no? If you don't want realism: leave.

It's opinions like these that ruin Arma. This entire game is based around authenticity and realism- if we were to follow your logic we'd end up with a game like BF. Realism is fun for the audience of this game, that's what people like you don't understand. Just like you don't understand that enough realism is balance. Saying to "use mods" if we want a feature is ridiculous- yeah let's just not have BI do anything and rely on user made mods of varying quality and stability (usually low in at least some regard) to fix the game. How about no? If you don't want realism: leave.

I don't mind if the weapons and such are not real. The DLC guns aren't real, but they're cool as hell and based off of real life weapons, to a realistic basis. None of that matters though, what does matter is ballistics, and such. As long as the core features work realistically, i have no problem with it. It is a game, it used to be more "simulator" per say, but try not to see it as a negative. It's still great, and most of it is still realistic enough.

---------- Post added at 01:02 ---------- Previous post was at 00:59 ----------

Yeah, it's a game/sim/sandbox/bestgame2015.

It's great. Realism is fun too, if implemented in the right places. The realistic flight model is alot of fun, but lets stay on topic. The new guns obviously aren't real, but they sure are great fun. VSS remake is realistic in terms of ballistics, why? VKS uses the same round, and shoots about the exact same. So, it's "semi-realistic", and it's still fun. =D

And it's knuckeheads like you who dont use their brains to their full extent. :) Your passion is nice, but is going into the wrong direction here.

Yes, the game is based around realism. Would you be so bald and argue that BI's bullet simulation of the futuristic weapons is NOT realistic? Their speed, air friction values, penetration values? Is it all bollocks? Do you die from one really good placed big caliber bullet to the chest without armor? Is this unrealistic? :) Realism = balance? Hillarious. Really works out great in the real world. Iraq War - Abrams tanks with GPS, advanced ballistic computers can hit their targets at 2km easily. And what were they up against? T80s. Nice balance there, eh? I enjoy the realism of arma3 and the futuristic weapons don't take away from the realism and fun.

One day you will understand the value of gameplay & fun vs. realism. Then you will understand video games better and set yourself less up for disappointment when BIS follow their creative direction.

"Lets not have BI do anything" - they created arma2. And today you are perfectly able to use arma2's equipment in the game with AiA mods. So it's BIS high quality stuff within arma3. I don't see your argument work here.

:)

ON TOPIC:

ASP-1: Amazing rifle. Really like it. Even the sound. It's hard to aim with the default sights, but you can adjust the range.

Cyrus: I don't see why this should have such a low rate of fire. Maybe balancing reasons? But if a machine gun can spit out 7.62 round at 800 RPM a 9.3 mm should not be that hard to handle. At least 500-600 should be possible. Also hard to aim with default kobra/red dot sights.

MAR: Same here, ROF seems too low. But the round is amazing, really quick and good stopping power.

Mk1 EMR: Nice. Nothing to say, nice.

Mk14: Crazy recoil. Maybe modern tech = less recoil, but the amount on the Mk14 seems overkill.

Navid: very nice, heavy LMG. I really like it.

SPMG: Crazy round and good accuracy. Can't wait for bipods to lay down crazy accurate powerful fire down on the enemies.

Edited by megagoth1702

ASP-1: Amazing rifle. Really like it. Even the sound. It's hard to aim with the default sights, but you can adjust the range.

Cyrus: I don't see why this should have such a low rate of fire. Maybe balancing reasons? But if a machine gun can spit out 7.62 round at 800 RPM a 9.3 mm should not be that hard to handle. At least 500-600 should be possible. Also hard to aim with default kobra/red dot sights.

MAR: Same here, ROF seems too low. But the round is amazing, really quick and good stopping power.

Mk1 EMR: Nice. Nothing to say, nice.

Mk14: Crazy recoil. Maybe modern tech = less recoil, but the amount on the Mk14 seems overkill.

Navid: very nice, heavy LMG. I really like it.

SPMG: Crazy round and good accuracy. Can't wait for bipods to lay down crazy accurate powerful fire down on the enemies.

FYI, the .338 norma magnum is not a .50. It is 8mm whereas .50 caliber is 12mm.

This entire game is based around authenticity and realism
Someone tell that to BI... oh wait...
Considering that Jay Crowe specifically cited it as being inspired by the VSS/VSK (complete with the caliber of the latter), I'm not surprised...
Apparently that's a big-game hunting caliber.
Semiauto or full-auto, what stance, rested or not...?

Semiauto or full-auto, what stance, rested or not...?

Semi and full auto, standing/crouched, not rested.

That's just my opinion though. They wanted feedback. :)

Semi and full auto, standing/crouched, not rested.

That's just my opinion though. They wanted feedback. :)

. Did you compare the Mk14 against the Mk18 ABR in this respect?

Hey BIS, i know it was probably just art, but i really want the ASP-1 Kir with the cloth wrap around the suppressor. Any chance on adding that in as a camo selection?

Is it just me, or are some of the weapons looking really oversized? The ASP-1s trigger guard is big enough to fit an average sized persons four fingers through. Or is that just because the weapons all have these massive calibers and look big because of the magazines or what?

Cyrus and Mar-10 should be only semi automatic- like their real life counterparts + there's a reason why those guns are only semi auto in real life

not sure about Asp-1 Kir - that could have fully automatic fire to be the bigger brother of VSS

not sure about Asp-1 Kir - that could have fully automatic fire to be the bigger brother of VSS
Pretty much correct, Jay Crowe cited both the VSK (VSK-94?) and VSS as the inspirations for the ASP-1, though I'd say that the ASP-1 is more akin to a "2035 VSS" rechambered to the caliber used in the VKS (aka VSSK), seeing as the VKS is a bolt-action bullpup while the VSK and VSS are automatic-capable with a conventional layout (and similar-at-a-glance skeletonized stock). Edited by Chortles

ok who's gonna update all older textures to fit the new ones now? :p

seriously though. while the sharp details on all those new weapons make me want to stroke them and whisper sweet words to them, i have to say that i'm a bit baffled by how the style of the textures doesn't fit the vanilla content.

it kinda feels like a mod that surpasses the main games quality but also uses a different style. while more quality is nice, i find it a bit irritating that most of the new textures seem sharper and more saturated in general. i know it's hard to keep consistency with different artists working on a game but by also making the stuff stand out style wise you are kinda making your older stuff look bad more obviously :D

might have been just the lighting in VR that made it feel so pronounced though.

don't get me wrong though. i love it all. i love all the rifles except for the one with the hidden barrel end (looks super bulky/clunky in my hands somehow), still a great model though. overall there seemed a bit of a tendency towards bulkiness. i'd agree with InstaGoat and even go as far as to suggest to scale down one or more weapons slightly.

sidenote: those monster ass MGs make me wonder if the handanim system is enough to have some more rambo like holding anims (a bit lower to make the weight show). but probably not since looking through sights wouldn't be properly represented in 3rd person then. i guess we'll have to wait for the "support DLC" ;D

When you are using any kinds of scope on Kir, you can zero it only up to 600. Mar-10 should have higher rof :).

When you are using any kinds of scope on Kir, you can zero it only up to 600.

That's because the maximum effective range of 12.7x54mm is 600m

Yes, but still, you can zero certain scopes up to 2000 on 6,5 mm guns. I think it is a bug.

Yes, but still, you can zero certain scopes up to 2000 on 6,5 mm guns. I think it is a bug.

Dude , the Kir has set maximum zero range in his config to 600m - no bug

http://i.imgur.com/GHqAat4.jpg

Edited by RobertHammer

FYI, the .338 norma magnum is not a .50. It is 8mm whereas .50 caliber is 12mm.

for the coherence of the units or uses SI or Imperial.

Bolt carriers returning to the battery needs to be faster, looks like the return springs have a damper on it.

New Ghillies cast the wrong shadow - looks like just the basic body plus boonie hat!

MK14. It looks amaizing but non of the scopes seem to look proper on the rail attachment on top. If you take the dms it olmost hovers above the rifle instead of being on the rail