Sign in to follow this  
UltimateBawb

Marksmen DLC Weapon Feedback

Reloading prone with bipods breaks the game.

EDIT: Also, i realized that with this same bug, i reloaded prone at the same time as pressing the sideways button. <-. What this did was it played the sound of the reload animation, not the animation itself, and then i was stuck moving to that side (<-) permanently, and could no nothing else, other than restart, or abort the mission file.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Unless the weapon weights were recently updated (I'm deployed and cannot check current in-game classnames), some of the marksman DLC weapon weights do not seem the least bit realistic, when compared to each other. The Zaphir weights as much as the Mk1 EMR (160 mass units). This is completely unrealistic, even if it is in the future!

After a little research, the most current, lightest model of the M240 MG (M240L) would be a good comparison to the Zaphir (same role, same caliber). The SIG716 DMR (the rifle the in-game EMR is based on, supposedly) serves as a good comparison to the in-game Mk1 EMR. An empty M240L weighs in at 10.1 kg, while an empty SIG716 weighs only 5.58 kg! Based on current realistic comparisons and visual size of both weapons, I don't see any good reason why the in-game EMR would weigh as much as the Zaphir. It just seems like an artificial way to "balance the weapons".

Developers, please compare the weights of ARMA 3 weapons against each other to reflect realistic differences. The current weight differences seem too artificial and unrealistic. A DMR should weigh less than an MG, otherwise there is little reason to use the DMR (slight improvement in accuracy is not enough).

Edited by Agent()()9
Grammar correction

Is it realistic that an empty Mk-1 EMR weights as much as an empty Zaphir (both are 160 mass units)? Unless the weapon weights were modified (I'm deployed and cannot check current in-game classnames), does this seem realistic? I understand that this is the future, but would a current-day MG with no ammo weigh the same as a current-day DMR (no ammo) of the same caliber?

Edit: So after a little research, the most current, lightest model of the M240 MG (M240L) would be a good comparison to the Zaphir (same role, same caliber). The SIG716 DMR (the rifle the in-game EMR is based on, supposedly) serves as a good comparison to the in-game EMR. An empty M240L weighs in at 10.1 kg, while an empty SIG716 weighs only 5.58 kg! Based on current realistic comparisons and visual size of both weapons, I don't see any good reason why the in-game EMR would weigh as much as the Zaphir. It just seems like an artificial way to "balance the weapons".

Developers, please compare the weights of ARMA 3 weapons against each other to reflect realistic differences. The current weight differences seem too artificial and unrealistic. A DMR should weight less than an MG, otherwise there is little reason to use the DMR (slight improvement in accuracy is not enough).

Ye, the Mk-1 EMR's mass should be 110-120 max - 160 mass is too much heavy for a Sig DMR

Agree - Think as much as possible weights for weapons should be accurate to nearest real-world equivalent.

Apologies if missed this but has it been confirmed bipods for the weapons that don't currently have them (presumably because the original model had a non-functioning one) will get them? I'm thinking Zifir, M320 and Lynx?

All in all really liking this work in progress - excited to see how it all develops. I'd also add wishes fro some form of grip-pod for the smaller rifles (and possibly the grenade laucher variants?)

Cheers

Agree - Think as much as possible weights for weapons should be accurate to nearest real-world equivalent.

Apologies if missed this but has it been confirmed bipods for the weapons that don't currently have them (presumably because the original model had a non-functioning one) will get them? I'm thinking Zifir, M320 and Lynx?

All in all really liking this work in progress - excited to see how it all develops. I'd also add wishes fro some form of grip-pod for the smaller rifles (and possibly the grenade laucher variants?)

Cheers

Yep, already in game for all those you mentioned, and the MK200 and MX autorifle, forget its name.

The integral bipods on the Zafir, M320 and Lynx work already, apart from a couple of visual bugs like sinking into the ground when deployed - AFAIK it's because the models lack the correct 'pivot' memory point. They don't need bipods adding as separate attachments since they don't have a proper rail for attaching them.

The Mk200 and MXSW had their non-functioning bipods replaced by attachments because they have 6-o'clock rails, so it makes sense that you can swap the bipods around on them.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Unless the weapon weights were recently updated (I'm deployed and cannot check current in-game classnames), some of the marksman DLC weapon weights do not seem the least bit realistic, when compared to each other. The Zaphir weights as much as the Mk1 EMR (160 mass units). This is completely unrealistic, even if it is in the future!

After a little research, the most current, lightest model of the M240 MG (M240L) would be a good comparison to the Zaphir (same role, same caliber). The SIG716 DMR (the rifle the in-game EMR is based on, supposedly) serves as a good comparison to the in-game Mk1 EMR. An empty M240L weighs in at 10.1 kg, while an empty SIG716 weighs only 5.58 kg! Based on current realistic comparisons and visual size of both weapons, I don't see any good reason why the in-game EMR would weigh as much as the Zaphir. It just seems like an artificial way to "balance the weapons".

Developers, please compare the weights of ARMA 3 weapons against each other to reflect realistic differences. The current weight differences seem too artificial and unrealistic. A DMR should weigh less than an MG, otherwise there is little reason to use the DMR (slight improvement in accuracy is not enough).

To me looks like a SIG 751 SAPR with an AR-style mag well like on the 556. According to my googlings, SAPRs have an empty weight of just under 4 kg.

i'm wondering if the CSAT designator, will shows the informations on the CSAT's HUD helmet

edit: the ASP1 kyr has some problems, i aim with optics to the legs and hit the face

Edited by Zukov

i'm wondering if the CSAT designator, will shows the informations on the CSAT's HUD helmet

edit: the ASP1 kyr has some problems, i aim with optics to the legs and hit the face

Try using BIS_fnc_traceBullets and you'll see why.

It's a heavy and slow bullet, it's firing arc is more pronounced than any other weapon. Especially at close range you'll notice this, it's best to use a short range or the backup scope.

When zeroed at 600m it's practically a mortar. Still lethal, but you need a lot of patience.

Try using BIS_fnc_traceBullets and you'll see why.

It's a heavy and slow bullet, it's firing arc is more pronounced than any other weapon. Especially at close range you'll notice this, it's best to use a short range or the backup scope.

When zeroed at 600m it's practically a mortar. Still lethal, but you need a lot of patience.

yes but from above to below not vice versa, and without optics works fine

yes but from above to below not vice versa, and without optics works fine

Trajectory is exactly the same whether you're using optics or not, the only thing that changes is the zero.

For example here are two shots fired with a 200m zero (default zeroing distance for the ASP-1) the first shot is with no optics, the second is with a DMS zeroed to 200m:

http://imgur.com/3hV0erG

Then aiming at the exact same spot as before, if you adjust the zero to 600m on the ironsights and the DMS (IIRC 600m is the default zero for some of the new scopes like the AMS and Kahlia), the trajectory changes to this:

http://imgur.com/xysYLwt

You can see that there is virtually no difference in the trajectories for the same zeroing value (apart from the effect of a slight dispersion, or sway moving the point of aim), whether I'm using optics or ironsights.

You need to dial all your optics down to a 200m zero whenever you fit them to the ASP-1 if you want it to shoot exactly like the default ironsights.

Currently disappointed with the ASP-1 to be honest, it was the weapon I was most looking forward to but I find it to particularly useless. The VSS was my favourite weapon in A2 and I was really really hyped for an official A3 equivalent.

You are still so quickly detected by the AI that the serious gimping it has received seems a little harsh to counter it's current lack of actually being that stealthy. I just switched out to using a silenced MAR-10 instead. Might as well hit what you are aiming at if you are going to get busted anyway, also a pretty damn fine gun.

Can I have a standard VSS with fixed PSO scope back please BIS?

Don't let the moaning about the ASP worry you though, I like what I see so far in this DLC, maybe just some more olive silencers and bipods please, the NATO kind thanks very much.

Some alternative colour reskins for the Mk18-ABR and Rahim would probably go down a treat and shift some more DLC for you as well.

Currently disappointed with the ASP-1 to be honest, it was the weapon I was most looking forward to but I find it to particularly useless. The VSS was my favourite weapon in A2 and I was really really hyped for an official A3 equivalent.

You are still so quickly detected by the AI that the serious gimping it has received seems a little harsh to counter it's current lack of actually being that stealthy. I just switched out to using a silenced MAR-10 instead. Might as well hit what you are aiming at if you are going to get busted anyway, also a pretty damn fine gun.

Don't let the moaning about the ASP worry you though, I like what I see so far in this DLC, maybe just some more olive silencers and bipods please, the NATO kind thanks very much.

Some alternative colour reskins for the Mk18-ABR and Rahim would probably go down a treat and shift some more DLC for you as well.

AI have always been like that, even with ACE 2. There was a mission where they sniped a guy suppressed from a good kilometer and a half away, next to a tank. The tank turned on, and immediately looked right at them and started firing. Now, theoretically, a tank's crew shouldn't be able to detect someone firing a suppressed sniper that far away and know directly where they are. immediately. But, it's Arma. =D

However, the Kir will probably play better against Players of all things.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

I'm really loving the deployment feature. One of the best features in the game certainly. I think the firing speed of the SPMG could do with speeding up - equivalent to the Navid. Some tripods to fit the new MGs would also be great.

Two issues I think are related to the DLC

1. - Game crashes when placing an ammo box in editor and attempting to preview.

2. - Deployment no longer works when starting from a save or autosave.

1. - Game crashes when placing an ammo box in editor and attempting to preview.

Are you running any mods? I've experienced similar to this but it generally seems to happen when I'm running CBA.

Callsign: SPMG fires at the same rate as it's real life counterpart. That's probably what most players want, and it's nice that the weapons are differentiated somewhat.

Real life SPMG is called LWMMG: http://world.guns.ru/machine/usa/lwmmg-e.html

the in game model has a short barrel right ?

The long barrel real life version looks much nicer not sure if its the standard black coloring or the longer barrel. It just looks menacing.

The VSS from A2 was equally as difficult to master as the Kir and this is something I don't have a problem with. Personally I'm loving the Kir more than the VSS.

I do agree on your comment regarding some new textures for the Mk18 and Rahim though. I get the feeling the Rahim is going to be an under-used weapon once the DLC releases.

Unfortunate re: the Rahim considering the work that went into it, but I just can't remember any upsides to it relative to either the Mk18 ABR or the new DLC weapons, including both the EMR-1/Mk-1 EMR (and possibly the Mk14 as well, gallingly enough) and the Cyrus, even with the upcoming move for it and the Zafir to 7.62 x 54 mm.

The VSS from A2 was equally as difficult to master as the Kir and this is something I don't have a problem with. Personally I'm loving the Kir more than the VSS.

I do agree on your comment regarding some new textures for the Mk18 and Rahim though. I get the feeling the Rahim is going to be an under-used weapon once the DLC releases.

Have had a good run with it tonight since posting, using the DMS sight and it is like good old times again. The DMS Holosight look great now with the new technology in today's build as well.

I think it was just the pain in the ass it was with the MRCO due to the ranging being completely out, would love to have a version of the MRCO setup just for the Kir though.

Unfortunate re: the Rahim considering the work that went into it, but I just can't remember any upsides to it relative to either the Mk18 ABR or the new DLC weapons, including both the EMR-1/Mk-1 EMR (and possibly the Mk14 as well, gallingly enough) and the Cyrus, even with the upcoming move for it and the Zafir to 7.62 x 54 mm.

It's not too bad when comparing it to the other sides marksman classes (mind you, the vanilla marksman class appears to mostly remain the same with a new sharpshooter class being equipped with the DLC stuff).

The Nato MXM: Yes, more bullets, but lower ranged damage than *any* of the other true 'DMR' marksman weapons.

The AAF luck out there with the Mk18, but also not getting any more weapons in the DLC.

The FIA: is on the shit end with a MRCO'd Mk20 (lol) so it's outclassed from the onset.

I still like the Rahim for the regular CSAT marksman despite the new Cyrus being better.

The new guns really fill a bunch of gaps, except for AAF maybe. (7.62 -> .320).

@ L3TUC3: Did the FIA not get a Mk14-armed "sharpshooter​" class?

@ L3TUC3: Did the FIA not get a Mk14-armed "sharpshooter​" class?

All factions except AAF got a sharpshooter class. So yes, FIA got a mk14 sharpshooter.