Sign in to follow this  
UltimateBawb

Marksmen DLC Weapon Feedback

and the Mk18 should weigh less because it's basically a cut down version.

The Mk.18 has an aluminium chassis compared to the fibreglass one of the Mk.14.

Any weight lost by cutting down the barrel on the Mk.18 is probably largely negated by the additional weight of the chassis. The real SAGE stocks weigh 5.1lbs (2.3kg), and the USGI fibreglass ones only weigh about 3lb (1.4kg) so the barrel would have to weigh nearly a whole kg less before there was any real weight difference between the two.

The difference in characteristics between the Mk.18 and Mk.14 should probably only be in terms of muzzle velocity (initspeed) and dexterity/inertia handling and possibly recoil; owing to the Mk.18 having better ergonomics, shorter overall length and a vert-grip for better control of the muzzle. The different flash-hider designs also offer the possibility of introducing subtle differences in fireLightIntensity and further tweaks to recoil behaviour between the two.

I gotta admit, while I don't like that the "navid" is a CSAT weapon, after a little time to get used to it, I kinda like it, even the fictional as heck burst mode. All things considered its still a beautiful model and a fun concept, same as the SPMG, and is interesting to use. Would it have been better as a AAF GPMG? Yes. But as is, it's still fun to use and over all well done. what else could be said?

I gotta admit, while I don't like that the "navid" is a CSAT weapon, after a little time to get used to it, I kinda like it, even the fictional as heck burst mode. All things considered its still a beautiful model and a fun concept, same as the SPMG, and is interesting to use. Would it have been better as a AAF GPMG? Yes. But as is, it's still fun to use and over all well done. what else could be said?

I'm still freaked out about how damned accurate the Real Life Hk-121 is with bipods, and its highest ROF... Dude, that grouping was is smaller than a golf ball.

I can't figure out how to use remote designators. Are they even working?

It would be cool if the units they use for mass could be derived from a calculation based off of real-world weapon weights to ensure that the weights are proportional to each other...

Erm, it is. Mass in game is calculated thus:

Weight of item in kilograms (KG) x 22 = "Mass"

Seems to give reasonable consistency.

I can't figure out how to use remote designators. Are they even working?

Like a normal UAV, pay attention to faction UAV Terminal. However i cant destroy it with a few shoots.

Like a normal UAV, pay attention to faction UAV Terminal. However i cant destroy it with a few shoots.

Thanx. Apparently you have to be UAV Operator in order to do stuff with UAVs and designators. I thought all you have to do is pick up a proper terminal. Or is it one of those buggy bugs?

Thanx. Apparently you have to be UAV Operator in order to do stuff with UAVs and designators. I thought all you have to do is pick up a proper terminal. Or is it one of those buggy bugs?

And i can do that. VR: select the uav terminal and the corresponding designator in garage and im able to use the designator

Oh, ok then. It's just that I'm still using previous dev version 1.43.129821. Have to update I guess =)).

Things have gotten better but its still pretty wrong when a lapua lacks the ability to drop an unarmored guy beyond like 700m.

Also is the EMR front post going to just stay up like that forever?

Edited by Probad

Is it wrong to think 7.62 should be a 1 shot kill up to 700 m on unarmored targets ?

Is it wrong to think 7.62 should be a 1 shot kill up to 700 m on unarmored targets ?

No not at all.

I thought the power of .308 was similiar to a .45 acp from point blank from 1000m.

At those ranges you probably would not drop instantly but if the game had organ destruction and bleeding the character would surely die shortly after within 10 seconds from uncontrollable bleeding.

Which equates to dead. The vanilla game shouldn't be delivered such that it requires a thirdparty medical mod to be functional.

Where are you hitting them?

Are you saying they're not? Because I can kill with one shot at least up to 1200m with Mk14 and EMR.

cant test it this week cuz my laptop got busted but it is funny that the 7.62 beats the 338 :confused:

Edit: I'm sorry if someone got the idea that you could not kill them ,most of my experience is

with opfor twerps who have some uniform armor now that i realize

Edited by Razor6014

cant test it this week cuz my laptop got busted but it is funny that the 7.62 beats the 338 :confused:

Impossible. Just look at the values in the configs. .338 is just slightly less powerful than 9.3mm and 7.62x51 is waaaay behind both.

Again im going of probad's report not off my actual testing, thats what i get for busting my screen :(

Edited by Razor6014

Again im going of probad's report not off my actual testing, thats what i get for busting my screen :(

If I recall correctly, 7.62x51 has "hit" value if 12. 338 has 16 and 9.3 has 18. The "hit" value is what determines how much damage it does to your overall health. It has nothing to do with penetration ability though.

i recall that as well but i'm not sure how this is implemented for long range shots and how this changes based on distance

i recall that as well but i'm not sure how this is implemented for long range shots and how this changes based on distance

Distance favours the .338LM because it has lower airfriction value than the 9.3mm.

Greenfist are you running mods?

No mods. But I tried with completely unarmored targets.

Even the simple combat fatigues provide enough "armor" to make a 7.62mm@1000m non-lethal.

Can the new collimator shader be applied to the mini red-dot on the GL quadrant sights for the MX, Katiba, Mk.20 and TRG-21?

Right now, the reticle is projected as a 2D plane stuck to the lens of the sight like all collimator sights were back in Arma 2. I can imagine the previous Arma 3 collimator method with the alpha-sorting tube was less than desirable and made the Arma 2 style red-dot preferable. However, the new shader-based method seems to work really well; so it would be nice to bring these little sights up to the same standard as other collimator sights in the game.

2nd pic shows the kind of quadrant sights I mean.

Else, is there some sort of limitation when it comes to including the shader on weapons themselves, rather than exclusively as part of an optic attachment (proxy object)?