Sign in to follow this  
UltimateBawb

Marksmen DLC Weapon Feedback

Yeah that burst mode is pretty WTF. You can shoot accurately those three shots like a single shot in close ranges so it's the deadliest gun because it kills every soldier with one click.

SPMG aka LWMMG is effective up to 1 700m because it uses .338 Norma Magnum rounds and the Navid's (CSAT MMG) Burst mode is a pure fiction which i disliked even in the first testing

more logical and more realistic would be if the Navid had two modes that sets the rate of fire -

, get rid of that
FPDR

Note I'm not questioning the effectiveness of the rounds at range, just the very precise accuracy of the MMG at long range. Which i feel might make them a bit to effectively since they can lay down huge volume of fire and easily take out individual targets. Just think at extremely ranges as I noted they should have maybe 3-5 more meters of spread. Since as of now they are sniper rifles but vastly more effective, so taking them down a little would be a good thing for balance I think. But at the same time wouldn't make them unusable as a medium to long range support weapon.

Note I'm not questioning the effectiveness of the rounds at range, just the very precise accuracy of the MMG at long range. Which i feel might make them a bit to effectively since they can lay down huge volume of fire and easily take out individual targets. Just think at extremely ranges as I noted they should have maybe 3-5 more meters of spread. Since as of now they are sniper rifles but vastly more effective, so taking them down a little would be a good thing for balance I think. But at the same time wouldn't make them unusable as a medium to long range support weapon.

It is supposed to be like that , because even the real thing is like this - meaning the .338 Norma Magnum can fired accurate up to 1 700m and max range is 5.5 km for that round - no joke

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightweight_Medium_Machine_Gun

Edited by RobertHammer

It is supposed to be like that , because even the real thing is like this - meaning the .338 Norma Magnum can fired accurate up to 1 700m and max range is 5.5 km for that round - no joke

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightweight_Medium_Machine_Gun

You win this round *shakes fist*, even thou I was more on balance but realism has to win if proven to be. But atleast we both agree the navid's burst mode is plain stupid, thou it is stupid fun.

SPMG aka LWMMG is effective up to 1 700m because it uses .338 Norma Magnum rounds and the Navid's (CSAT MMG) Burst mode is a pure fiction which i disliked even in the first testing

more logical and more realistic would be if the Navid had two modes that sets the rate of fire -

, get rid of that
FPDR

yes slower and faster would be far better and represent a new way of machine guns being configured in arma3 ( more realistic and for the better)

i tested the cyrus and it misses quite a lot at 1km range..is this intentional? the kir also bad at 300m i need at least 3-4 shot to hit a standing target

Edited by FarEast

yes slower and faster would be far better and represent a new way of machine guns being configured in arma3 ( more realistic and for the better)

Well, the mad RPM of an HK-121 is like 850 or something. The burst mode is probably hitting that RPM, but I could see BIS making it burst mode to keep it less deadly. Sure, it'd be fine in say, a close quarter situation but at distance the burst mode is ineffective for accuracy. Any of the guns, vanilla or DLC can be Over powering if you use them the right way. But Idk guys, if we got rid of burst and made it realistic... That's going to be one crazy deadly MMG, as it is IRL. It fires fast, and it's accurate AF. That German Engineering man. Though, I wouldn't mind. The more realistic, the better. It's just that people would probably use the highest RPM all the time, despite massive kick.

---------- Post added at 14:26 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

i tested the cyrus and it misses quite a lot at 1km range..is this intentional? the kir also bad at 300m i need at least 3-4 shot to hit a standing target

For some reason they decided to add a large amount if dispersion on the Kir. No idea why, and no idea if that's realistic. I watched a video on the VKS, the closes thing to a Kir, and it's supposedly just as good as any conventional un suppressed sniper rifle, if not, better. They used it to shoot out thermal imaging systems on APC's, Tanks. As for the Cyrus... Isn't that super accurate? I got a 1k shot first time I ever picked it up on KOTH Dev Branch before it went down.

Well, the mad RPM of an HK-121 is like 850 or something. The burst mode is probably hitting that RPM, but I could see BIS making it burst mode to keep it less deadly. Sure, it'd be fine in say, a close quarter situation but at distance the burst mode is ineffective for accuracy. Any of the guns, vanilla or DLC can be Over powering if you use them the right way. But Idk guys, if we got rid of burst and made it realistic... That's going to be one crazy deadly MMG, as it is IRL. It fires fast, and it's accurate AF. That German Engineering man. Though, I wouldn't mind. The more realistic, the better. It's just that people would probably use the highest RPM all the time, despite massive kick.

Navid's Burst mode got 1500 RPM - lol yes

and his Full auto is 700 RPM - basically in the middle of his rate 640-720-840 RPM

so that's why i would like to see those 2 fire modes > slow 640rpm with slightly better accuracy and fast 720 or 840rpm with slightly worse accuracy used for suppression fire

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

and yes KIR needs to be more accurate , with that dispersion makes it even worse than actually is - min as Cyrus , this change will make it accurate up to 400-500m like it suppose to

navid's burst mode got 1500 rpm - lol yes

and his full auto is 700 rpm - basically in the middle of his rate 640-720-840 rpm

so that's why i would like to see those 2 fire modes > slow 640rpm with slightly better accuracy and fast 720 or 840rpm with slightly worse accuracy used for suppression fire

---------- post added at 17:12 ---------- previous post was at 17:04 ----------

and yes kir needs to be more accurate , with that dispersion makes it even worse than actually is - min as cyrus , this change will make it accurate up to 400-500m like it suppose to

wait what!? 1500?!??

well then at its current state the kir is not a marksmen rifle but rather a shotgun with sabot slug disguise as a rifle

wait what!? 1500?!??

Well I wouldn't have wondered if it had been 2000rpm. It's pretty crazy.

Well I wouldn't have wondered if it had been 2000rpm. It's pretty crazy.

Yeah, no... that's bloody insane. I 'd just say give it the ability to it's medium and highest RPM, done. Fixed. That 1500 burst thing has got to go.

Some tweaking might be required as shooting a target 1025 m away using the lrps i had to use 1.5 mils above center zeroed for 1000 and on the ams had to use 3 mils .

using the mar 10

Some tweaking might be required as shooting a target 1025 m away using the lrps i had to use 1.5 mils above center zeroed for 1000 and on the ams had to use 3 mils .

using the mar 10

I think you should use the AMS scope , that was made for Mar-10 , not the LRPS - that's more for M320/GM6

Wow BIS - really?! http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23498

they say the 1500 RPM burst mode isn't a issue - now i can see this thing being spammed like a minigun in the whole game ... FPDR

Different perspective: for myself I appreciate the addition of a unique and powerful MMG which sets the dedicated MMG attachment apart from the ARs in the fire team.

I'm not sure how to resolve this, wouldn't mind a reduction of the burst RPM but I wouldn't want to see it removed completely either.

Different perspective: for myself I appreciate the addition of a unique and powerful MMG which sets the dedicated MMG attachment apart from the ARs in the fire team.

I'm not sure how to resolve this, wouldn't mind a reduction of the burst RPM but I wouldn't want to see it removed completely either.

It could be easily solved by making two fire modes >

the main point of this that the real MG5 have only full auto which can be regulated with rare of fire - no ridiculous burst mode , that only exist in An94 abakan which works totally different than any other weapon

Thing is now you get an overwhelming volume of fire without any downsides that should need to be managed. If we had barrels that overheated then cool, there would be a need to manage fire volume or change the barrel when it becomes very hot. It's just looks a little like it's not been thought through as thoroughly as it might have been and now there is no time. Different rates of fire would be more believed and more like it's actual real world inspiration.

No objection to either of you. Maybe we'll get the barrel changing in the Assistant Gunner DLC ;)

Just realized it why can't the faster firing mode just be burst since semi, burst, and auto are trigger related rate of fire not so much thou it can have an effect. This means it does change fire rate as mentioned but instead of remaining full auto for the high rof mode is meant to work with burst fire. But then that raises a new question why can we leave the high rof mode on and just stay with full auto or burst and have same options for low rof mode.

Also we maybe have over looked a possibility, what if it has an electronic trigger or firing pin which granted would be strange but not impossible. Such a system would allow the firing rate to change between modes without changing the mechanical action at all. So it's not that the gun is moving quicker, just that the electronic system is changing how much time it gives between firing each round. After all this is current tech and it's not unreasonable to think it wont be good enough at some point or now for military use.

In todays build the muzzle flash is always visible on M320 (only one tested so far) and bipods do not deploy visually. Anyone else experiencing the same?

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

In todays build the muzzle flash is always visible on M320 (only one tested so far) and bipods do not deploy visually. Anyone else experiencing the same?

I have not tested myself, but what you are describing sounds exactly like a broken model.cfg for the affected weapon.

I have not tested myself, but what you are describing sounds exactly like a broken model.cfg for the affected weapon.

It actually is was, it should be fixed in RC and dev branch tomorrow, I'm sorry for the confusion :icon_evil:

Another thing noticed is that after deploying bipods (tested on a window-sill) on sniper rifle the white crosshair and the center of scope was totally different and you had to realign your aim alot when switching to the scope. When firing using the white crosshair bullet hit as expected but whn using the scope it was off even if aimed.

/KC

It actually is was, it should be fixed in RC and dev branch tomorrow, I'm sorry for the confusion :icon_evil:

Can the ridiculous burst mode on the Navid be fixed too? :mad: