.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Got it to work manually. No errors from the community updaters.

Problem: My US soldiers are from 2035, not 1944. :confused: (Although equipped with the a Springfield)

EDIT: I'm running the dev. branch of A3.

Edited by VirtualVikingX

If you follow the Setup-Guide linked in the first post you should have no issues. If you are getting errors you probably didn't do something you were supposed to. (besides being in A3 outfits when doing IF missions)

E66576E78FC9482660667A99ECDA80DBFA21C8B2

Big thanks to Kju and I know Gunter has put a lot of time and effort into this as well.

Yes Kju, and the IFR team have been working at this since May, most of the testing and work done for the conversions were done in the late summer.

The DLC was tested by me for the v 1.06 patch.

This is some info about the v 1.06 patch

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/conversionpatch-1-06-promotion-screenshots-6586844

One of our IFR team members PoorOld spike did the screenshots, I with kju's help setup the information with the first post.

The whole project was a big hush hush secret til we got the ok from DS, so we were not allowed to post any screenshots, or videos of our work.

The Arma3 version didn't come about til the fall sometime, and Kju and a bunch of guys had worked on that, along with some IFR members.

So, actually having tested it, I can't get it to run without completely locking up A3.

I do not have the DLC and it's throwing me a US_MK2 error at the main menu. Can't even hit enter and skip that warning.

Sorry to read Mr. Charles, the errors or issues you are having may be due to installing it incorrectly or not having the required files, idk but the errors

and problems are kju's dept, all I can suggest is either wait for him to respond, or report your issues here:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/Wiki#Known-issues

We only need the standalone Iron Front nothing else, right? I mean no Arma 2 CO installed ?

Yes you need a legitimate copy of Iron front, a copy of Arma2Co, and if you are wanting to play Iron front in Arma3 then you need Arma3 obviously.

Hello there

Im having issues with PWS crashing atm, so I cant tell you about this version. Although they did work in earlier versions.

Apologies.

PW6 version is not ready yet, not til tomorrow.

Guys???

Quote Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post

So, I´ll ask again here. Does this mean that all the IF Missions and Campaigns are available too? Do IF Features like the improved tank penetration system, adjustable sights on static weapons and tanks, etc work? Do I need the IF DLC?

I´d really like to now this before I rush off to buy IF...

Yes Tonic, Once you convert Iron front, it will be a mod for Arma2CO or Arma3 which ever one you want to play.

All you need is Iron front, Arma2Co and if you want to play IF in Arma3 then you need to own that too. DLC is optional.

Are there any sound mods for IF44??, i really dislike the vanilla ones...

No, thats up to the community now that Iron front can be modded through Arma.

Seems like the PWS mods @IF and @ IFA3 are "empty"

Kju stated that the PW6 version will not be ready til tomorrow.

I dont have the stem version of OA2, and not Steam version of IF.

Steam not necessary just own a legite copy of arma2CO and Iron front, and if you want the Arma3 version then own Arma3.

Seems like the bat doesn't include the @ifa3m modfolder in A2 directory.

Dont know what to tell you thats Kju's dept.

==================

Kju asked me to post the same news on the Iron front Fans forums, so I have created a thread with some questions and answers, hopefully

that can clear some things up for you guys wondering how this works.

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/iron-front-as-mod-in-arma-2-and-3-6685093?trail=#7

US soldiers are some tricky thing to convert and there are lots of problems with them, so for now they are replaced by modern troopers, however, as its written in the post, those who want to try to convert them in a way that USSR and Germany troppers were converted are welcome.

PS: Guys who tested IF A3 - can you write a small review - what you liked, what you didnt like?

PPS: Might be after few following updates, i ll try again to convert them, but that wont be soon, as theres lot of things to do first.

Gonna wait a month or two, it seems like a major hassle to install with no step by step guide (also, I can't waste more time since I've got lots of university stuff to deal with, lol).

how do you get the dlc to work? also the ai still has a problem with crossing bridges :(

Edited by Flemdot Jr

Gonna wait a month or two, it seems like a major hassle to install with no step by step guide

No step by step guide guide?

Whats wrong with this from the first post:

Download and play

---

Note: You may not redistribute the mod version. Otherwise you might face legal action by the publisher!

Setup-guide

Support at the IronFront fans forum

Or review my post on IF fan forums:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/iron-front-as-mod-in-arma-2-and-3-6685093

has questions and answers and the download is easier to find.

DLC works by

Start-up info

Download the Launch Iron Front in Arma 2 CO - Automated.bat from the files section

Start the game with the batch file

The conversion process should convert the dlc as well and put it into your arma2 directory.

Edited by Günter Severloh

even if i play it in arma 3? i haven't done what you said because i realised that i had the maps, but now the men in the game are all disfigured and stretched out, why is this?

Edited by Flemdot Jr

No step by step guide guide?

Whats wrong with this from the first post?

I've tried to follow that guide, but I've been encountering many errors after trying to follow them and I've tried all three of the mirrors for the community patch and followed conversion steps as well (I have the Steam version of IF). I'm not the only one requesting for a more in depth guide, which literally goes through every small step to eliminate any mistake/minimise errors. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Edited by Jinzor

*cough

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charles View Post

Seems like the bat doesn't include the @ifa3m modfolder in A2 directory.

*cough

Doesn't help at all. I think the 1.06 Community Patch have some problems.

Doesn't help at all. I think the 1.06 Community Patch have some problems.

Ran step by step and even using play with six. the IFAAM is nowhere to be found even after running the covert tool. I also tried to run the 1.06 community patch which told me ironfront arma version is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted. Should I reinstalled Arma 2, Arma 2OA, Ironfront and arma 3? I have all steam copies

Edited by natethegreat

I've tried to follow that guide, but I've been encountering many errors after trying to follow them and I've tried all three of the mirrors for the community patch and followed conversion steps as well (I have the Steam version of IF). I'm not the only one requesting for a more in depth guide, which literally goes through every small step to eliminate any mistake/minimise errors. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I can't get it to work either... :confused:

Dirty Haz

I've installed it using the steps provided to me through the setup site. I can get the game running, I can go into the editor and place down units, all fine and dandy. However the units i place down uses the arma 3 models and not the ww2 models, They do however use ww2 weapons. Also on the Iron front maps I get this screen tearing with a black line running through the entire screen? Can somebody tell me what I did wrong and how to install this properly. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 07:10 ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 ----------

Okay I got it to work.

It appears that I missed a simple step in the installation process. And that was to download the @IFA3 file and put that folder into my arma 3 folder. It now works flawlessly!!! :D I am so happy ww2 in arma 3.. Amazing. I think that if you didnt get it working most likely you missed something simple. Go back to the guide, read everything, and look if you missed something. Because this does work. However, I think we can all agree that we need a more in depth guide thats dumb and sloppyproof for all us numbnuts out here.

Great work, I absolutely love it! Keep it coming. And for the love of all that is holy will you just team up with I44 team already! Gosh.

Ok, so I finally got it working. The first thing I tried was one of the included missions from IF, knowing full well not to expect it to work well. But when I got in, I couldn't even move. Seems the AiA bug where you can only move when crouched or with certain weapons in your hands is still there both for IF and A3 units. It also frequently keeps moving in the last direction you were moving, requiring you to tap the direction keys incessantly till it stops. And when using the iron sights on any IF weapons, the front sight post is always off to the left and nearly out of sight. And even then, it doesn't line up with bullet trajectory anyways. And lastly, it has a ton of the old AiA UI screw ups that disappeared from the mod ages ago. It's nearly impossible to do things like configure key settings (In fact, it is completely impossible to do with a mission loaded), or even use the editor without guessing which buttons are where. Also, the campaign menu has gone missing entirely.

I really like the direction this is going. And the IF maps in A3 are amazing! (Cept no crepuscular rays :( ) Really looking forward to when this is playable.

I have pretty much got this working, all seems to be running well, one thing though - the LIB_US_ARMY units spawn as modern US soldiers with correct weapons, the other factions are fine. Is this something that has gone wrong with my install or is this a known issue?

Looks like intended, temporary (hopefully, as this makes that faction actually excluded from play) placeholder:

US soldiers are some tricky thing to convert and there are lots of problems with them, so for now they are replaced by modern troopers, however, as its written in the post, those who want to try to convert them in a way that USSR and Germany troppers were converted are welcome.

PS: Guys who tested IF A3 - can you write a small review - what you liked, what you didnt like?

PPS: Might be after few following updates, i ll try again to convert them, but that wont be soon, as theres lot of things to do first.

It is a bit weird to me, as I had opportunity to test earlier version, where US soldiers was proper, perhaps there was problems behind the scenes with them.

With this version I experienced some new bugs, that wasn't present/observed by me in earlier tests. Perhaps something is wrong with my installation, but tried to install all again, with same result. No such problems in A2 version.

1. At german campaign init there is error message, that I cannot even close, must Ctrl+Alt+Del whole game. Here is huge RPT. There wasn't such problem earlier.

2. No additonal viewfinder adjustment control in gunner view of german AT-gun, I assume same for other situations, where it should be, no time to check that for now. It is present in A2 version, however seems, it still suffer same issues, I reported long time ago during 1.05 - 1.06 pre-patch tests.

3. Some heavy lagging during "Tiger Hunt" DLC single scenario with tanks, post probably of spamming RPT with errors.

(sorry for poor reporting quality, no time for anything more thorough this time, nor for proper issue tracker reporting).

Issues now reported on the Tracker.

Besides that:

A small problem is relatively long game launch time, unavoidable, I suppose.

For me installation guide is clear enough and was able to apply it smoothly, but apparently for some reason many people has troubles with proper following the steps. Not sure, why and what can be done about that. Setup complexicity seems to be unavoidable again, while perfect solution would be "one click procedure" for users. Perhaps PW6 is such solution, never used this, nor intend to use.

In summary: personally I would use A2 version until A3 will be cleaned of issues, I understand, this will take long time, not matter, I'll wait, not much time for playing anyway.

Rest I like so far. Very much. So glad, it is released at last, in spite of all the difficulties. :)

Edited by Rydygier

Can anyone, that has it working tell me please, do we get the armour penetration goodies that are present in IF into A3 now ?

Well, I spent some time shooting from one tank at another, and seems, that IF's armor damage simulation is on place and working. Of course this affects only IF tanks/guns.

1. Have A2+OA+IF+A3 installed and patched to latest version

Yes! check!

Convert IF standalone to the mod version with the tool

Yes! check!

Apply the 1.05 community patch (and 1.01 DLC when present)

I run the patch and got so many error I lost count, Epic fail!

Install the latest AllInArma and CBA version

Yes and that is the only thing working... at all.

Download @IFA3 to the A3 game folder

Yes, check.

Run A3 with the correct modline or use the batch files

I run the autobatch files to start it up and this happens:

Error message: Addon AiA_Charachters_IF_Clothing_LIB_GER_Infantry requiers addon LIB_core

Error message: config.bin/cfgExtended_HUB/LIB_M4A3-75/Layers/Vehicle/Layers/Itrack/: Cannot find base class Itrack

And then game crash/ dont start at all

I followed the step by step guide and that is what happens. Help please.

Nothing wrong with my IF & DLC working fine and are updated.

Nothing wrong with my A3

Nothing worng with my A2 + A2 AO.

*facepalm.